This maybe disprove god but what do you think of it?

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,744.00
Faith
Atheist
They make fake claims about our climate going bad because of polution and so forth, it makes me sad sort of, especially when it`s not true, don`t you agree? :p
Who makes fake claims?

The air in this country, particularly the cities, is very badly polluted, and is a major contributor to respiratory ill health, but I don't think it contributes significantly to climate change. The evidence says that's mainly down to greenhouse gas (CO2 and methane) emissions.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Who makes fake claims?

The air in this country, particularly the cities, is very badly polluted, and is a major contributor to respiratory ill health, but I don't think it contributes significantly to climate change. The evidence says that's mainly down to CO2 and methane emissions.

Yes, but I live in one of the coldest countries in the world, why don`t I feel a difference in weather at all?

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,744.00
Faith
Atheist
Yes, but I live in one of the coldest countries in the world, why don`t I feel a difference in weather at all?
Weather isn't climate. The predicted effects of global warming involve greater extremes of weather; e.g. warmer oceans mean stronger storms and heavier rainfall, the slowing and increased meandering of the jet stream mean larger temperate areas having longer periods north or south of its flow, which generally means colder or hotter weather respectively. This is what we're now seeing.

In the mid '90s I pessimistically thought we might be approaching the tipping point for runaway climate change, i.e. reducing albedo, increasing radiation absorption, increasing temperatures releasing methane from clathrates round continental shelves and the permafrost of Siberia, and so-on - but even then I didn't expect the effects to be noticeable until around mid-century.

However, I've been surprised by how rapidly the climate is changing and how the effects on the weather are already obvious in many parts of the world. Every update to climate models produces more severe projections, and the observed warming and weather are on the pessimistic end of the predictions of 15-20 years ago.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Weather isn't climate. The predicted effects of global warming involve greater extremes of weather; e.g. warmer oceans mean stronger storms and heavier rainfall, the slowing and increased meandering of the jet stream mean larger temperate areas having longer periods north or south of its flow, which generally means colder or hotter weather respectively. This is what we're now seeing.

In the mid '90s I pessimistically thought we might be approaching the tipping point for runaway climate change, i.e. reducing albedo, increasing radiation absorption, increasing temperatures releasing methane from clathrates round continental shelves and the permafrost of Siberia, and so-on - but even then I didn't expect the effects to be noticeable until around mid-century.

However, I've been surprised by how rapidly the climate is changing and how the effects on the weather are already obvious in many parts of the world. Every update to climate models produces more severe projections, and the observed warming and weather are on the pessimistic end of the predictions of 15-20 years ago.

Well, I don`t still believe it, I don`t notice any difference so

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,744.00
Faith
Atheist
Sadly, your disbelief doesn't make any difference. Like I said, weather (local) and climate (global) are different things. Many places are seeing the effects.

Here's an explanation of the climate change and the resulting weather patterns from a US perspective.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sadly, your disbelief doesn't make any difference. Like I said, weather (local) and climate (global) are different things. Many places are seeing the effects.

Ha ha ha...good job @Principium...got @FrumiousBandersnatch sounding like a "Xian"...

"...your disbelief doesn't make a difference...[countless Christians] are seeing the effects [of a Creator]..."

Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Somebody’s been noticing. Anchorage, Alaska hit 90 degrees setting a new all time record by 5 degrees. Other locations in Alaska also set record highs. The Iditarod and other sled dog races in are being affected by climate change. Also, the frequency of category 5 cyclones has been increasing.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0