• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

This maybe disprove god but what do you think of it?

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by Principium, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+5,419
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    no ,it’s simply a hypothesis but there is evidence for dark energy. Dark matter affects ordinary matter in such a way that we know it’s there but we can’t detect it the way we can with ordinary matter. There are no dogmas in science, everything we know can be changed by the addition of new data

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  2. Tone

Tone "Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great." Supporter

+6,578
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Is that ^ dogma?

*Or is the only dogma..."no dogma"?

3. Tone

+6,578
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Hmmmmm...this sounds familiar...

*..."substance of things hoped for...evidence of things unseen..."

4. klutedavid

klutedavid Well-Known Member

+3,653
    Non-Denom
    Single
    We know that dark energy is out there do we?

Scientists have been searching for "dark matter" – an unknown and invisible substance thought to make up the vast majority of matter in the universe – for nearly a century. The reason for this persistence is that dark matter is needed to account for the fact that galaxies don't seem to obey the fundamental laws of physics. However, dark matter searches have remained unsuccessful. But there are other approaches to make sense of why galaxies behave so strangely. Our new study, published in the Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, shows that, by tweaking the laws of gravity on the enormous scales of galaxies, we may not actually need dark matter after all. (phys.org/news/2019-01-dark-alternative-theory.html)

5. klutedavid

klutedavid Well-Known Member

+3,653
    Non-Denom
    Single
    The real dogma is that you can understand the universe by observing the universe. That is the persistent dogma which generates the paradox.

Through centuries of observing the universe we end up discovering, that the universe cannot be observed after all.

6. ruthiesea

ruthiesea Active Member

+274
    Judaism
    Married
    Not dogma, but questions to be answered. What you call invisible is in fact undetectable by today’s technology, just as microbes once were. But we don’t know what knowledge tomorrow might bring.

There is no dogma in science, only a search for more knowledge. Science is built on skepticism. As Isaac Asimov said, “The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'”.

7. Tone

+6,578
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Ha ha...scientists have been searching for faith for nearly a century...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. Tone

+6,578
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Again...why so dogmatic about non-dogma?

9. Astrophile

Astrophile Newbie

+1,246
    Atheist
    Widowed
    It's like saying 'We are all fallible, therefore we may be wrong in thinking that we are fallible, therefore we may be infallible.'

10. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+6,608
    Atheist
    It's just word games in lieu of argument.

11. Principium

Principium Member

+23
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    I don`t like science so much anymore, they seem to just want to know everything in attempt to exploit

12. Principium

Principium Member

+23
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    I don`t believe in dark energy and matter, but if it really did exist I could perhaps ask god about it, I don`t know, yes I know he does

13. FrumiousBandersnatch

+6,608
    Atheist
    You're not expected to believe in dark energy or dark matter. The fact is that there are a number of cosmological observations that are currently unexplained, and the best hypotheses to account for those observations at present are a repulsive energy built into the fabric of spacetime (dark energy), and unknown particles that have a gravitational effect but don't interact significantly with light or other particles (dark matter).

Some confusion has been caused because the terms 'dark energy' and 'dark matter' are often used for the unexplained phenomena themselves, although they just represent the most likely explanations for the phenomena.

14. FrumiousBandersnatch

+6,608
    Atheist
    Science is the discovery part. The exploitation of science is done by politicians, industrialists, and technologists.

15. Principium

Principium Member

+23
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    Yes, future till tell if it`s really true or not :)

16. Principium

Principium Member

+23
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    Do you think god will punish people for making fake claims about changing climate?

17. FrumiousBandersnatch

+6,608
    Atheist
    No (check my 'Faith' status) ;)

18. Principium

Principium Member

+23
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    But, they spread bad emotions

19. FrumiousBandersnatch

+6,608
    Atheist
    I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're getting at. Can you clarify?

20. Principium

Principium Member

+23
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    They make fake claims about our climate going bad because of polution and so forth, it makes me sad sort of, especially when it`s not true, don`t you agree? :p