Things You Should NOT Say on the First Date

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,369.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Can we please bring this thread back from the dead?

PUHLEEZE.

K, cool.

“I’ve never dated someone less attractive than I am before.”
I'll help.

"You know, my mom tells me I'm a very handsome young man..."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"Your sister is gorgeous. Is she single?"
No joke, when I used to do the dating apps (never again and been off of them for two years), I had a guy message me and say, "Who's the girl on the right of your friend picture?" I replied, "Seriously?" And he responded with: "What? You want me to lie and say I'm attracted to you?" hahah, I just unmatched him.

• Winner
Reactions: mojoboy31
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,369.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No joke, when I used to do the dating apps (never again and been off of them for two years), I had a guy message me and say, "Who's the girl on the right of your friend picture?" I replied, "Seriously?" And he responded with: "What? You want me to lie and say I'm attracted to you?" hahah, I just unmatched him.
200 (5).gif

Upvote 0

justme6272

Jul 3, 2011
✟88,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
actually a better way to put it is:
What do you identify as?
Good idea if you mean that they could have been born female but not identify as one. So both issues must be addressed. (My, how the world has changed to even be talking about this.) So there should be two questions, one as to which gender they were born as, and which one they identify as.
Give the world enough time, and there will be even more questions that need to be asked about such insanity. Even now, a whole slew of questions could be packaged together, dealing with their views on what they believe and what they support politically. That's nothing new, but the list keeps getting longer. I've never been one to think a first date or phone conversation is suppose to be like a job interview, but I've known women who are that way. They're wanting to see if the guy is marriage material before they even waste their time on a first date, second phone conversation, or continuance of the first conversation. If they say "I have to lay out my clothes for tomorrow" like a child is told to do, you know you didn't pass the interview.
I was fine with being nixed from a Mormon woman's Potential Husbands list. I wouldn't want to be stuck with her either, given her attitude. It was as if she had taken a formal course in 'How To Find a Spouse While Wasting As Little Search Time As Possible.'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

justme6272

Jul 3, 2011
✟88,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't even know what dating 'aps' are out there. I've heard of match dot com and Tinder and that's about it. Which ones would you recommend or stay away from?

Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't even know what dating 'aps' are out there. I've heard of match dot com and Tinder and that's about it. Which ones would you recommend or stay away from?
Stay away from all of 'em hahah.

I personally don't use anything. I've dated throughout this past year without any of 'em. I used Facebook Dating, which I liked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

justme6272

Jul 3, 2011
✟88,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I used Facebook Dating, which I liked.
Never heard of it. I guess FB only prominently displays it for users who answered 'single' as their status in the About section. I get other ads for things I don't care about. Their 'targeting' doesn't help me.

Upvote 0