✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
C'mon, people.

What's something you probably shouldn't say on the first date?

Maybe, "...but fortunately, he wasn’t able to identify me in the police line-up" is a good one to avoid ;)

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
C'mon, people.

Maybe, "...but fortunately, he wasn’t able to identify me in the police line-up" is a good one to avoid ;)
Don't worry, it's only my parole officer checking up on me.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
To borrow one from the great Todd Barry, if you go out to a movie and a love scene comes on, never elbow your date and whisper "Baby, that's us in two hours."

From my younger dating life: if you two decide to order a chocolate lava cake after dinner and your date spills some on her blouse because she's nervous, do not say "Wow; usually I'd be the one to do that", and when she looks at you, don't follow up with "What? It's dark in here. It's fine. Nobody can see it unless you point it out."

That woman stayed with me for about two and a half years, bless her soul. (Also, I was 20 and it was my first serious relationship...cut me some slack. Now I'd pick one or the other instead of saying both. See, I learned.)

Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
To borrow one from the great Todd Barry, if you go out to a movie and a love scene comes on, never elbow your date and whisper "Baby, that's us in two hours."

From my younger dating life: if you two decide to order a chocolate lava cake after dinner and your date spills some on her blouse because she's nervous, do not say "Wow; usually I'd be the one to do that", and when she looks at you, don't follow up with "What? It's dark in here. It's fine. Nobody can see it unless you point it out."

That woman stayed with me for about two and a half years, bless her soul. (Also, I was 20 and it was my first serious relationship...cut me some slack. Now I'd pick one or the other instead of saying both. See, I learned.)
This comment is brilliant.

You just earned all of my respect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
C'mon, people.

I'd like you to meet my significant other. :p

Upvote 0