The Tabernacle restored then the Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardo

Apr 9, 2005
✟128.00
Faith
Methodist
The prophet alerted us that, “… the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets” (Amos 3:7). Therefore, we would be wise if we turn to the prophets such as Amos to determine what the Lord is about to do. Amos also wrote of an amazing thing that will happen.

In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: (Amos 9:11)

The details of this prophecy indicate that the literal Tabernacle of David will be raised again, as in the days of old. Only God could foretell of such an event. David’s tabernacle has been missing for almost 2,600 years and God says it will be raised again.

What is David’s Tabernacle? Let’s read what is written about David’s Tabernacle.

After David had constructed buildings for himself in the City of David, he prepared a place for the ark of God and pitched a tent for it. Then David said, "No one but the Levites may carry the ark of God, because the LORD chose them to carry the ark of the LORD and to minister before him forever." David assembled all Israel in Jerusalem to bring up the ark of the LORD to the place he had prepared for it (1 Chronicles 15:1-3).

David’s Tabernacle was in Jerusalem. However, we also read that before David moved the Tabernacle to Jerusalem it was in the camp at Gilgal.

On the evening of the fourteenth day of the month, while camped at Gilgal on the plains of Jericho, the Israelites celebrated the Passover. The day after the Passover, that very day, they ate some of the produce of the land: unleavened bread and roasted grain (Joshua 5:10-11).

Gilgal was the place where Israel set up the Tabernacle after entering the Promised Land. The Tabernacle remained there for about fourteen years until King David had it moved. Therefore, from Scripture we can determine that the Tabernacle of David in the days of old, was set up in two locations, Gilgal and Jerusalem.

Since the Tabernacle of David will be raised as it was in days of old, where will it be raised? The prophet Hosea seems to answer the question for us in this passage.

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt; I will make you live in tents again, as in the days of your appointed feasts. I spoke to the prophets, gave them many visions and told parables through them." Is Gilead wicked? Its people are worthless! Do they sacrifice bulls in Gilgal? Their altars will be like piles of stones on a plowed field (Hosea 12:9-11).

From the prophets we read that the Tabernacle of David will be raised in Gilgal just as in the days of Israel’s appointed feasts. As we keep watch for these things to be fulfilled we would also be wise to search the scriptures to determine what else God is going to do.

Richard Perry

last days mystery (dot) info

Status
Not open for further replies.