Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is one thing to offer a reprieve, but another to accept it and to have it take affect. At least, this is the manner that God has implemented salvation.
So, what do you like best about hell? Since you are fighting tooth and nail to keep it.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Poor Steve, you have unwittingly waded into flat earth territory. Would that be true south, magnetic south or ceremonial south pole? You'll find it's impossible to answer, because the Antarctic Treaty effectively prevents independent travel south of the 66th parallel. No aircraft north-south circumnavigations either. Those penguins are sure in need of protection. Move along, nothing to see here...
The whole thing seems like pole dancing to me. Move along, nothing to see here...

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, what do you like best about hell? Since you are fighting tooth and nail to keep it.

Don't know if you're familiar with this quote by Richard Dawkins, the rabid atheist and evolutionist?

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

The damnationists' best friend?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't know if you're familiar with this quote by Richard Dawkins, the rabid atheist and evolutionist?

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

The damnationists' best friend?
Dawkins is a talented guy to say all that in a single breath. He should get into radio broadcasting. Wait... nix that. - lol

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Careful. I don't want our patriarch to die laughing. (at least not today)

BEWARE ! !

You younger brethren must settle down. All the 42 titanium screws & the 3 titanium bars holding me together are reaching breaking point. You fellows will be required to pay the 3 1/2 million back in U.S. Dollars, not Down Under dollars.

Who shall I leave my priestly robes to with the glorious colors produced from the hypobranchial glands of the murex marine snail?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm scared to ask, ...what are disciples for?
Keep regressing this question until you finally come to the conclusion, to save souls.
Only God can save souls. Unless that's too regressive.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

DNB

Jan 17, 2020
Toronto
✟19,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, what did God do when confronted with the worst crimes imaginable - deicide, regicide, idolatry? He gave His only begotten son so that the world might be saved through him, He reconciled the world to Him. In effect, He said 'Divine love overcomes the worst sins.' While we were still his enemies, Christ died for us. Death is swallowed up in victory. Where sin abounds, grace super-abounds.

Do not resist an evil person, if they want your coat, give them your shirt also. Our God will always go the extra mile, never satisfied until that one last sheep is retrieved.

Man's rebellion leads to tribulation, sure, but that's not the end of the story. The tribulation leads him back to God. That's why the nations get saved in the end.

Do you really think the Stalins of this world are any match for God? They'll fall to their knees crying and confessing their errors, begging their victims for forgiveness in grace and truth. God has comforted the victims. And how much better an outcome is reconciliation than damnation? It's the only way to heal the wounds.
Yes, that's true, but the story doesn't end with all being saved, or 'all the nations coming back to him'? Not sure where you got that information from?

Revelation 20:7-15
20:7. When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison, 8. and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore. 9. And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10. And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. 11. Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. 13. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds. 14. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who shall I leave my priestly robes to with the glorious colors produced from the hypobranchial glands of the murex marine snail?

After they had crossed over, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken away from you?” “Please, let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied. (2 Kings 2:10)

Upvote 0

DNB

Jan 17, 2020
Toronto
✟19,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's commensurate to the crime, an extremely just and wise perdition. For, they are in fact, punishing themselves, ...those that stopped so many from entering paradise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DNB

Jan 17, 2020
Toronto
✟19,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like hell it is.
No one, I repeat, no one deserves to burn forever with no hope of escape. No one.
Well then, they'll just have to convince themselves that they're not missing out, or that the Son's Kingdom is not worth attending. And thus, the torment will stop.
How feasible is that?

Upvote 0