So...what do you guys do for fun and enjoyment?

May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have already said that shopping is one of my hobbies. I find shopping and treasure hunting kind of fun.

In the past I had more hobbies than I do now. I went through a phase where I was doing crafts like crazy and making stuff with my own hands. I thought that was kind of fun as well. Crafts are not just for little kids you know.

A lot of people like crafts. It's like being a little kid in a candy store, when you discover playdough for the first time, then you have a childhood, lol. Hours of enjoyment!

Growing up I played a lot of video games for fun and enjoyment. But I have since repented because not all video game choices are godly! Some video games and tv shows are very violent, something I know God would not be pleased with. He wants us to live in peace and harmony with one another, something that I am actually able to do. I have always been a laid back and chill kind of person, and having a personality like that creates a naturally peaceful environment.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate

_Marc97

Jun 5, 2019
Denver
✟15,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Same boat as you! Played too much video games as a kid, I hardly touch any game much anymore.

I think what I do for fun is spend time with my wife and close friends. Whether it's playing pool together, bowling, church, shooting guns, hiking, anything really.

Love your family and friends!

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I have spent the last two weeks cutting wood and sharing it with my elderly dad.

80397248_10219736935516939_6530821815965581312_o.jpg

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don’t have hobbies in the traditional sense. My activities fall in two categories: purpose and talent. I devote my energy to doing things God gifted me to perform or appointed as my kingdom work.

Design (purpose): sewing, patternmaking, fashion and interior design, writing and public speaking.

Related (to my purpose): coaching, photography, fashion illustration, costuming, entertaining, needlepoint, quilting, and I’m taking knitting classes next month.

Talent: cooking, baking, gardening, organizing, and scrapbooking.

The lone thing I haven’t addressed is music. But I’ve felt an inner nudge to do so. I considered piano or violin lessons. But I sense the Lord leading me to focus on my voice instead.

~Bella

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
In no particular order and not necessarily limited to (since it's certain I've forgotten some):

Reading, Giraffe Watching, Wildlife, Animals in general, Nature, Contemplation & Meditation, Video Games, Yoga, Martial Arts, Organizing, Music - playing & listening, Studying all sorts of interesting subjects, Arts/Crafts, Social Justice, and apparently arguing with people on the internet. :)

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I used to water ski a lot, that is slalom course skiing

roebuck (2).jpg

I like to play chess when i can find a person to play (being in a small town).

And do a little wood work, mostly making frames for my paintings but other things occasionally like wooden puzzles, etc.. Currently helping a friend of mine to make a rustic dinning table from old barn wood.

But now i am (and really not for fun since i try to make a living by art) I try to keep turning out drawing and paintings.

Copy of tree and beanfield.jpg

I like old movies, wish i could see metropolis in a theater with the live orchestral performance.

Upvote 0