WHAT ON EARTH WILL YOU DO (FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE)

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You have not paid attention. I’m clear that a covenant does not mean just the Ten Commandments.

I will say it again. God made a covenant with Israel. Under that covenant were laws. Those laws under the covenant included the Ten Commandments and many, many other laws. It was the covenant laws that Israel broke, thereby breaking the covenant.

This covenant, which included the Ten Commandments, was nailed to the cross.

We are under a new covenant that does not involve the Ten Commandments - they were nailed to the cross.

Now, under the New Testament/NewCovenant the greatest of the commandments is Love.
Only if we disregard God's clear Word which He outlined His Ten Commandment covenant and He added no more Deut 4:13 Exo 34:28 Deut 5:22. Adding more to something God didn't seems like a bad idea to me.

Jesus seems to disagree with your teachings about the Ten Commandments being nailed to the cross- stating if we break the least of these commandments and teach others to break it will affect our status in heaven. Mat 5:19-30. I do not believe least means one will be there as Jesus taught when we obey our own rules over the commandments of God quoting directly from the Ten Commandments both teacher and student end up in a ditch, which means off the narrow path. Mat 15 Sure doesn't sound like God's Ten Commandments ended at the cross coupled with Mat 15:3-9 Mat 19:17-19 Mat 5:19-30 Rom 7:7 1 John 5:3 John 14:15 John 15:10 1 John 12:1-7 James 2:10-12 Rev 14:12 Rev 22:14-15 etc etc etc The law that defines sin did not end Rom 7:7 James 2:10-12 Mat 5:19-30 clearly, we have free will to believe what we want but hopefully you will prayerfully reconsider one day. God's Truth Psa 119:151 and His righteousness Psa 119:172 is unchanging and His holy commandments reflect His holy character which we are to become like and hard to do if we won't even acknowledge or accept His basic principles. Removing God's law in essence is removing God as it reflects His character.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree, and it will get sorted out soon enough. I wish you well seeking Truth to God's Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only if we disregard God's clear Word which He outlined His Ten Commandment covenant and He added no more Deut 4:13 Exo 34:28 Deut 5:22, but I guess you know better.
You have to look at the previous scriptures in Deuteronomy. Moses was explaining to the people on several occasions what took place in Exodus, that God had given them statue and laws, which also included the Ten Commandments.

Deuteronomy 4:10-14 KJV
10 Specially the day that thou stoodest before the LORD thy God in Horeb, when the LORD said unto me, Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children.
11 And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness.
12 And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.
13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.

Deuteronomy 5:1-5 KJV
1 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.
2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.
4 The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,
5 (I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to shew you the word of the LORD: for ye were afraid by reason of the fire, and went not up into the mount saying,

In addition to the statue and laws made under the Covenant, Deuteronomy 5:1-2 KJV, He reminds Israel of the Ten Commandments that God also spoke, Deuteronomy 5:6-21 KJV.

Deuteronomy 5:22 KJV is referring to the entire discussion Moses had with Israel which started way back in Deuteronomy, saying,

“These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.”

And he added no more has to be all of the statue, laws, and commandments God gave Moses to Israel at the time He made a Covenant with Israel. Moses is also letting the people know that in addition to the statue and laws, God Himself wrote the Ten Commandments on two tables of stone. But just because Gods wrote the Ten Commandments, it does not show or prove that the Ten Commandments were the only laws given under the Covenant.

Unless a person chooses to closes their eyes to the multiple scriptures in Exodus that proves otherwise. see post #38

So what you are doing is looking at one scripture and you are using that scripture (wrongly) to erase all of the accounts of Exodus on the Mount, and all of of the discussion about the Mount in Deuteronomy - you are the one who keeps saying we should obey God’s clear word - and look at what you are doing!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You have to look at the previous scriptures in Deuteronomy. Moses was explaining to the people on several occasions what took place in Exodus, that God had given them statue and laws, which also included the Ten Commandments.

Deuteronomy 4:10-14 KJV
10 Specially the day that thou stoodest before the LORD thy God in Horeb, when the LORD said unto me, Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children.
11 And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness.
12 And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.
13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.

Deuteronomy 5:1-5 KJV
1 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.
2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.
4 The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,
5 (I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to shew you the word of the LORD: for ye were afraid by reason of the fire, and went not up into the mount saying,

In addition to the statue and laws made under the Covenant, Deuteronomy 5:1-2 KJV, He reminds Israel of the Ten Commandments that God also spoke, Deuteronomy 5:6-21 KJV.

Deuteronomy 5:22 KJV is referring to the entire discussion Moses had with Israel which started way back in Deuteronomy, saying,

“These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.”

And he added no more has to be all of the statue, laws, and commandments God gave Moses to Israel at the time He made a Covenant with Israel. Moses is also letting the people know that in addition to the statue and laws, God Himself wrote the Ten Commandments on two tables of stone. But just because Gods wrote the Ten Commandments, it does not show or prove that the Ten Commandments were the only laws given under the Covenant.

Unless a person closes their eyes to the multiple scriptures in Exodus that proves otherwise;
God seemed pretty clear to me what was contained in His covenant as He claimed only Ten Commandments in pretty clear easy to understand Words. . Deut 4:13 Exo 34:28 and no more were added Deut 5:22 ( See below) after speaking the Ten as Shown in context Deut 5 nowhere does it say "and all the other laws handwritten in a book by Moses" No one is claiming there were no other laws given, but the unit of Ten were separated hence the number Ten God gave them, not 9, 12, 15 or 603 and identifying the unit of Ten as My covenant as clearly shown in scripture. Deut 4:13 Exo 34:28 is separated from all the other laws that Moses wrote down in a book.

6 ‘I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of [a]bondage.
7 ‘You shall have no other gods [b]before Me.
8 ‘You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 9 you shall not bow[c] down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, [d]visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 10 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and [e]keep My commandments.
11 ‘You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him [f]guiltless who takes His name in vain.
12 ‘Observe the Sabbath day, to [g]keep it holy, as the Lord your God commanded you. 13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your ox, nor your donkey, nor any of your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates, that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you. 15 And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.
16 ‘Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may be well with you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
17 ‘You shall not murder.
18 ‘You shall not commit adultery.
19 ‘You shall not steal.
20 ‘You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
21 ‘You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife; and you shall not desire your neighbor’s house, his field, his male servant, his female servant, his ox, his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.’
22 “These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

Who wrote the Ten Commandments?
Who wrote all other laws?
Which laws were inside the ark of the covenant
Which laws were outside
Which law defines sin?
Which law was added because of sin
Which law is not grievous?
Which law contained curses and was placed as a witness against?
Which law was written in stone for its eternal nature?
Which law was written on paper- which fades.

Once you understand the answers to these questions all found in scripture, should help you understand the difference between these two covenants. Plus than there's the Testimony of Jesus Christ and His teachings on the Ten Commandments warning not to break or teach others to break the least of these commandments as it will affect our status in heaven as it is sin, and breaking we would be in fear of judgement - sure sounds eternal to me. Mat 5:19-30. We are to live by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Not sure how one can profess faith, but not have faith in His very teachings. Jesus touches on this very thing.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

Here John makes the clear distinction that believing in Jesus is related to our obedience to Him. Those who choose to do evil (sin) does not come to the light because their deeds are evil, but we are called to come to the truth (light) so our deeds can be exposed. This is what the Ten Commandments does- it shows us our sin just like a mirror. Rom 7:7 Rom 3:20 When we bury our sins (stay in darkness) we don't confess or forsake them and therefore Jesus can't give us His mercy and grace and give us the power to help overcome. Proverbs 28:13 Those who seek God want to come to the Truth so Jesus can help us overcome our sins. Our salvation is from sin Mat 1:21 not in sin.

Jesus in His own Words tells us that it's more than just believing...

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord [believer],’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Believing is a great first step but as our love for Jesus grows, we should want to obey Him through faith and love. Rom 3:31 1 John 5:3 John 14:15 Exo 20:6

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not according to God who claimed only Ten Commandments were in His covenant. Deut 4:13 Exo 34:28 and no more were added Deut 5:22 ( See below) after speaking the Ten as Shown in context Deut 5 nowhere does it say "and all the other laws handwritten in a book by Moses".No one is claiming there were no other laws given, but the unit of Ten were separated hence the number Ten God gave them, not 9, 12, 15 or 603 and identifying the unit of Ten as My covenant as clearly shown in scripture. Deut 4:13 Exo 34:28

6 ‘I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of [a]bondage.
7 ‘You shall have no other gods [b]before Me.
8 ‘You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 9 you shall not bow[c] down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, [d]visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 10 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and [e]keep My commandments.
11 ‘You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him [f]guiltless who takes His name in vain.
12 ‘Observe the Sabbath day, to [g]keep it holy, as the Lord your God commanded you. 13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your ox, nor your donkey, nor any of your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates, that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you. 15 And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.
16 ‘Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may be well with you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
17 ‘You shall not murder.
18 ‘You shall not commit adultery.
19 ‘You shall not steal.
20 ‘You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
21 ‘You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife; and you shall not desire your neighbor’s house, his field, his male servant, his female servant, his ox, his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.’
22 “These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

Who wrote the Ten Commandments?
Who wrote all other laws?
Which laws were inside the ark of the covenant
Which laws were outside
Which law defines sin?
Which law was added because of sin
Which law is not grievous?
Which law contained curses and was placed as a witness against?
Which law was written in stone for its eternal nature?
Which law was written on paper- which fades.

Once you understand the answers to these questions all found in scripture, should help you understand the difference between these two covenants. Plus than there's the Testimony of Jesus Christ and His teachings on the Ten Commandments warning not to break or teach others to break the least of these commandments as it will affect our status in heaven as it is sin and breaking, we would be in fear of judgement - sure sounds eternal to me. Mat 5:19-30. We are to live by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Not sure how one can profess faith, but not have faith in His teachings.
You have to understand that when th New Testament came in at Jesus death, Who brought in a new covenant, the old convent and Old Testament laws were abolished.

The Ten Commandments under the new covenant/New Testament is based on Love.

You cannot hold on to an old contract when there is a new one.

This is the reason the saints that died under the Old Testament graves opened, and were resurrected immediately after Jesus’s resurrection. Jesus death was the end of the Old Testament.
He was bringing in a new testaments, which came into full force at his death,
Hebrews 9:16-17
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Jesus is the testator who died and brought in the full force of the New Testament. The strength of the New Testament cancels the Old Testament.

Before Jesus death, He explained the change in the Ten Commandments:
Matthew 22:37-40 KJV
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The scripture says “on these two commandments hang all the laws and prophets.”

The change in the Ten Commandments is addressed in the gospel under the New Testament:
Romans 13:8 KJV
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

It is explains further that following love in Romans 13:8 KJV, fulfills all the commandments, Romans 13:9 KJV. It is further explained in Romans 13:10 KJV, that love workers no ill to his neighbor, which is what Jesus is saying in Matthew 22:39 KJV, “…Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.”

You can’t ignore these scriptures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You have to understand that when th New Testament came in at Jesus death, Who brought in a new covenant, the old convent and Old Testament laws were abolished.

The Ten Commandments under the new covenant/New Testament is based on Love.
There is no scripture that says all the Old Testament laws has been abolished. That would make the greatest commandments- love to God Deuteronomy 6:5 and love to neighbor Lev 19:19 abolished and that's certainly not the case. Jesus clearly stated He did not come to destroy the law or prophets i.e. abolish Mat 5:17 and not to break or teach others to break the least of the commandments quoting directly from the Ten. Mat 5:19-30

The Ten Commandments in the Old Covenant is based on love.

Exo 20:6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
Almost verbatim what Jesus repeated in the NT

John 14:15 If you love Me keep My commandments
You cannot hold on to an old contract when there is a new one.
Who said anyone is doing that. The agreement changed, not the laws Hebrews 8:10 Jer 31:33 as the New Agreement is based on better promises, not on better laws Hebrews 8:6 God's law is perfect Psa 19:7 is Truth Psa 119:151 and righteous Psa 119:172 can't change perfection/truth/righteousness and nowhere in scripture does it say the New Covenant is different laws and the teachings of Jesus and the apostles all clearly show the Ten Commandments has not changed as it is still the law that defines sin Romans 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 and our salvation is from sin, not in sin Mat 1:21
This is the reason the saints that died under the Old Testament graves opened, and were resurrected immediately after Jesus’s resurrection. Jesus death was the end of the Old Testament.
You would need a verse for that one. There was a special resurrection but nothing about all saints and nothing about the Old Testament ending and can be deleted. Jesus and the apostles taught on the OT and NT tells us All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 2 Tim 3:16 so hard to make that case if we are to believe God's Word or Jesus:

Matthew 5:17Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

If Jesus came to abolish the law or prophets than we can just ignore chapters written by the Prophet Isaiah Ezekiel and Jeremiah to name a few and ignore prophecy about the Second Coming of Jesus and the New Heaven and New Earth

No, scripture does not delete scripture.
He was being in a new testaments, which came into full force at his death,
Hebrews 9:16-17
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

You cut off the context of this passage... this is about Christ now being our New Mediator which requires the shedding of blood, so Jesus Sacrificed Himself to be our Mediator and our High Priest so we can go directly to Him for the forgiveness of sin, instead of sacrificing animals.... Here let me bring in the context because its not about the Old Testament being deleted.

Hebrews 9:16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives. 18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood. 19 For when Moses had spoken every to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water, scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, 20 saying, “This is the blood of the covenant which God has commanded you.” 21 Then likewise he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry. 22 And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission. 23 Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in the heavens should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25 not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another— 26 He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. 27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

Hebrews 10:1 For the law (law of Moses in sacrificing animals for sin), having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once [a]purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.
5 Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:

“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.
7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come—
In the volume of the book it is written of Me—
To do Your will, O God.’ ”
8 Previously saying, “Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them” (which are offered according to the law), 9 then He said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will, [b]O God.” He takes away the first that He may establish the second. 10 By that will we have been [c]sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

This clearly shows the law that ended and always pointed to Jesus who became our Sacrificial Lamb for the forgiveness of sin. There are no sacrifices in the Ten Commandments, animal sacrifices was needed to forgive breaking God's Ten Commandments which is what sin is even in the NC 1 John 3:4 Romans 7:7 Mat 5:19-30. In the NC instead of sacrificing animals we can go directly to Jesus for the forgiveness of sin and sanctification, He is now our High Priest and Mediator is that not a better promise than the old sanctuary system for the forgiveness of sins?

Jesus is the testator who died and brought in the full force of the New Testament. The strength of the New Testament cancels the Old Testament.
The New Testament does not delete the Old Testament. This again goes against the very teachings of Jesus.

Matthew 5:17Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

Not everything in the OT has been fulfilled in scripture, would hate to delete something that was meant for us to learn about the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” [g]says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

The NT is filled with references to the Old Testament, whoever is teaching you these things, they are leading you down the wrong path. And as Jesus warned breaking and teaching others to break the commandments has some consequences. Mat 5:19-30 Matthew 15:1-14 Jesus can't lie and it surprises me how many people gloss over the teachings of Jesus. Jesus not only died for the forgiveness and sanctification of sins, He lived to be our perfect example to follow. 1 John 2:6 1 Peter 2:21-22 Hebrews 4:15 How did Jesus live, did He keep the commandments and teach us to as well. He certainly did.
Before Jesus death, He explained the change in the Ten Commandments:
Matthew 22:37-40 KJV
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
The scripture says “on these two commandments hang all the laws and prophets.”

The law and prophets is the Word of God, which all of God's Word hangs on love. The summary does not delete the details, nor does love to God, or love to man go undefined. It's more than just a feeling, it is a call to action and obedience to (keeping) God's commandments.

1 John 5: 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

The change in the Ten Commandments is addressed in the gospel under the New Testament:
Romans 13:8 KJV
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
So you think this says we can love God but worship other gods, we can love God but bow to idols, we can love God, but profane His holy Sabbath, love God but vain His holy name. We can love neighbor, but steal, lie, commit adultery and covet but as long as we "love" God that is fulfilling His commandments. I think you have some grave misunderstandings of this passage,
It is explains further that following love in Romans 13:8 KJV, fulfills all the commandments. It is further explained in Romans 13:9 KJV, that love workers no ill to his neighbor, which is what Jesus is saying in Matthew 22:39 KJV, “…Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.”

You can’t ignore these scriptures.

Not ignoring anything, it just doesn't mean what you think it does, nor does it reconcile with the rest of the NT teachings. especially the very teachings of Jesus. Mat 15:3-9 Mat 5:19-30 Mat 19:17-19 John 15:10 John 14:15, Exo 20:6 Rev 14:12 Rev 22:14-15

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no scripture that says all the Old Testament laws has been abolished. That would make the greatest commandments- love to God Deuteronomy 6:5 and love to neighbor Lev 19:19 abolished and that's certainly not the case.
Yes there are scriptures that tells us the Old Testament laws are abolished:

Ephesians 2:15
“Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;”

Colossians 2:14 KJV,
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;”

2 Corinthians 3:13 KJV
And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: (Old Testament law)

Romans 10:4 KJV
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Galatians 3:25 KJV
But after that faith is come (Jesus), we are no longer under a schoolmaster (the Old Testament law).

Romans 4:14 KJV,
“For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:”

Hebrews 7:18-19
18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment (Ten Commandment) going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did (New Testament/new covenant); by the which we draw nigh unto God.

The old dealt with ordinances, the new deals with love.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

“Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;”

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;”

And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: (Old Testament law)

But after that faith is come (Jesus), we are no longer under a schoolmaster (the Old Testament law).

“For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:”

18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment (Ten Commandment) going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did (New Testament/new covenant); by the which we draw nigh unto God.

The old dealt with ordinances, the new deals with love.
These scriptures state the law of ordinances that ended none of these scriptures state the Ten Commandments you adding it in there is exactly what we are warned against Deut 4:2 Pro 30:5-6. Jesus in His own Words condemns this teaching Mat 15:3-9 Mat 5:19-30 Mat 19:17-19 Rev 22:14-15 Mat 7:21-23 but gives us free will to test out any theory we want, I wouldn’t want to be one of those people who say Lord Lord only to learn Jesus doesn’t know me because of my lack of faith to not believe in the simple things He asks of us through love and faith John 14:15 Exo 20:6 John 15:10 Romans 3:31 Rev 14:12 I feel sorry for those who drink the wine of Babylon and believe these false teachings that the law that defines sin Romans 7:7 ended at the cross and now instead of depending on God’s righteousness Psa 119:172 we depend on our own righteousness . Instead of God’s sanctification Eze 20:12, we sanctify ourselves, instead of God’s Truth Psa 119:151 we depend on our truth, I don’t think this is going to work out so well, Jesus said its not Mat 7:21-23 Rev 22:14-15 but He loves us so much He allows us to make our own decisions and those decisions will determine our path Rom 6:16

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You would need a verse for that one. There was a special resurrection but nothing about all saints and nothing about the Old Testament ending and can be deleted. Jesus and the apostles taught on the OT and NT tells us All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 2 Tim 3:16 so hard to make that case if we are to believe God's Word or Jesus:
Here are scriptures,

Ephesians 4:9 KJV
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

The Old Testament saints who died went to Abraham’s Bosom, awaiting Jesus atonement. That’s what this verse tells us, Luke 16:22 KJV. Just as Jesus appeared to many before ascending into heaven, the resurrected saints appeared to many awaiting Jesus final ascension.

Their resurrection is the fulfillment of the Feast of the Firstfruits of harvest mentioned in Leviticus 23:10-14 KJV. The resurrection of these saints, represents the coming harvest, where the people would bring a handful of grain to the priest. Their resurrection is a token of the coming harvest when all the saints will be raised”

Jesus death brought in a New Testament. Everything under the Old Testament ended at Jesus death, so the saints who died under the old were resurrected as the first fruits.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These scriptures state the law of ordinances that ended none of these scriptures state the Ten Commandments you adding it in there is exactly what we are warned against Deut 4:2 Word Pro 30:5-6. Jesus in His own Words condemns this teaching Mat 15:3-9 Mat 5:19-30 Mat 19:17-19 Rev 22:14-15 Mat 7:21-23 but gives us free will to test out any theory we want, I wouldn’t want to be one of those people who say Lord Lord only to learn Jesus doesn’t know me because of my lack of faith to not believe in the simple things He asks of us through love and faith John 14:15 Exo 20:6 John 15:10 Romans 3:31 Rev 14:12 I feel sorry for those who drink the wine of Babylon and believe these false teachings that the law that defines sin ended at the cross Romans 7:7 and now instead of depending on God’s righteousness Psa 119:172 we depend on our own. Only God can sanctify us Eze 20:12 and we are only sanctified by the Truth of God’s Word John 17:17 and all of God’s Commandments are Truth Psa 119:151 and eternal Mat 5:19 Rev 22:14
Ok, if you don’t see that the scriptures I listed are talking about the Ten Commandments and the other statue, laws, and ordinances, there is nothing more that you can be shown. You just are refusing to see even though the scriptures is crystal clear.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ok, if you don’t see that the scriptures I listed are talking about the Ten Commandments and the other statue, laws, and ordinances, there is nothing more that you can be shown. You just are refusing to see even though the scriptures is crystal clear.
You didn’t show me any scripture you wrote that in there, it’s not what the Text says and our words are not equal to God’s Word. Which is why we are warned not to add to it Pro 30:5-6. Deut 4:2 There is no scripture in all of God’‘s Word that says the Ten Commanemnts ended. It’s kept by God’s faithful until the end of time Rev 14:12 Rev 22:14-15 but sadly, just a remnant Rev 12:17 KJV as many chose a different path. Rom 6:16

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here are scriptures,

Ephesians 4:9 KJV
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

The Old Testament saints who died went to Abraham’s Bosom, awaiting Jesus atonement. That’s what this verse tells us, Luke 16:22 KJV. Just as Jesus appeared to many before ascending into heaven, the resurrected saints appeared to many awaiting Jesus final ascension.

Their resurrection is the fulfillment of the Feast of the Firstfruits of harvest mentioned in Leviticus 23:10-14 KJV. The resurrection of these saints, represents the coming harvest, where the people would bring a handful of grain to the priest. Their resurrection is a token of the coming harvest when all the saints will be raised”

Jesus death brought in a New Testament. Everything under the Old Testament ended at Jesus death, so the saints who died under the old were resurrected as the first fruits.
That’s a parable, not literal. There are not millions of saints in Abraham’s bosom. Really, how would that even be possible. It’s not, because it its a parable which is an illustration to give deeper meaning, not to be taken literally.

Your teachings that the OT ended goes against the teachings of Jesus Mat 5:17-18 your teaching that the Ten Commandments ended goes against the teachings of Jesus Mat 5:19-30 Mat 15:3-9 Mat 19:17-19 Mat 7:21-23 Rev 22:14-15. I will stick with every Word that proceed out of the mouth of God Mat 4:4 because I know Jesus would never lead us away from the narrow path. Those who teach outside of God’s Word, we are warned Isa 8:20

Thanks for the chat, take care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s a parable, not literal. There are not millions of saints in Abraham’s bosom. Really, how would that even be possible. It’s not, because it its a parable which is an illustration to give deeper meaning, not to be taken literally.
Abraham’s bosom was a place, not literally in his bosom.

Parables were used because people could not understand what Jesus was saying, Matthew 13:10-14 KJV, only his disciples. Parables represents a real profound truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0