WHAT ON EARTH WILL YOU DO (FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE)

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟68,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I began singing Hank Williams Songs at the age of eight outside Ice Houses in Houston, Texas in the summer of 1963. Since I often made as much as 5 or six dollars I suppose I was a semi-professional musician for better than than thirty-seven years before I was saved and sang the heart-felt Gospel in Church and in service inside Texas Prisons. Johnny Cash named this thread when he wrote What On Earth Will You Do (For Heaven's Sake). If like me, you have taken on the mantra of presenting yourself to the world as a Christian... surprise,,. Yashua (Jesus) said that if we love Him we will keep His Commandments... {footnote: John 1:1-5, every word of the Bible is authored by My Savior, Yashua. Rhetorical question; What on earth will you do for Heaven's sake... today, tonight and tomorrow?

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have liked Hank Williams also about 40 or so years. However I am not a singer. to answer the OP I try to tell people Faith in Jesus is the key to Salvation. Those who drag in moral law and the 10 commandment from the old law are saying Jesus is not enough we need part of the old to be saved. Jesus spoke the commandment we must keep. Jesus fulfilled the old law. We fulfill the old law by
Rom 13:10
Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Faith in Jesus is enough without the law.
Matt 28:18
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟68,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have liked Hank Williams also about 40 or so years. However I am not a singer. to answer the OP I try to tell people Faith in Jesus is the key to Salvation. Those who drag in moral law and the 10 commandment from the old law are saying Jesus is not enough we need part of the old to be saved. Jesus spoke the commandment we must keep. Jesus fulfilled the old law. We fulfill the old law by
Rom 13:10
Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Faith in Jesus is enough without the law.
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
I do not want to be testy but taken as anything but FYI it can be offensiive. My vocals are still strong at 79 and Hank's Original Country Worship Songs such as I Saw The Light. I have loved the music of he late forties and fifties for about seventy-two years but it can be difficult to find people that love that music.

But to the point, you err. The Jews added about 603 laws to Yahova's 10, pure nonsense! Yahova never expected Adam to be able to keep the beginning of the Covenent when it only forbid eating that one fruit. Yashua, author of the Ten Commandments, knew the absurdity of 613 laws to model our lives after. However we are, from my past 33+ years of study to model our lives after that of Yashua and the Ten Commandmants are the most accurate word picture of Him. You8 cannot just replace the Jewish Bible, that is why early printers did not do so.

Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not want to be testy but taken as anything but FYI it can be offensiive. My vocals are still strong at 79 and Hank's Original Country Worship Songs such as I Saw The Light. I have loved the music of he late forties and fifties for about seventy-two years but it can be difficult to find people that love that music.

But to the point, you err. The Jews added about 603 laws to Yahova's 10, pure nonsense! Yahova never expected Adam to be able to keep the beginning of the Covenent when it only forbid eating that one fruit. Yashua, author of the Ten Commandments, knew the absurdity of 613 laws to model our lives after. However we are, from my past 33+ years of study to model our lives after that of Yashua and the Ten Commandmants are the most accurate word picture of Him. You8 cannot just replace the Jewish Bible, that is why early printers did not do so.
I agree there were 603 plus the 10 commandments. None of which was given to Gentiles. Jesus spoke the commandments to live by in his own words. In John 15:10 Jesus says keep MY commandments (the ones he spoke) as I have kept MY Father commandments ( the original 10)

Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟68,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree there were 603 plus the 10 commandments. None of which was given to Gentiles. Jesus spoke the commandments to live by in his own words. In John 15:10 Jesus says keep MY commandments (the ones he spoke) as I have kept MY Father commandments ( the original 10)
Again, I do not wish to be testy but John 1:1-5 is quite clear, there is nothing on this Earth that was not created (made, written, done) by Yashua.

Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟68,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I believe in John 1:1 but It does not cancel John 15:10.
Xin loi but, of course, they do not contradict and to the point and trying to ignore your attempt to turn away from the same, Yashua sid Himself that He came to complete the Law and thus Salvation, not to destroy it. The Law of Yahova was written for sinners to be able to see that they needed a Savior and the Jew was to lead them to the foot of the throne. I am not a Jew but the Law proves to me my need for intercession and it provides me with guidelines to live by.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Xin loi but, of course, they do not contradict and to the point and trying to ignore your attempt to turn away from the same, Yashua sid Himself that He came to complete the Law and thus Salvation, not to destroy it. The Law of Yahova was written for sinners to be able to see that they needed a Savior and the Jew was to lead them to the foot of the throne. I am not a Jew but the Law proves to me my need for intercession and it provides me with guidelines to live by.
You haven’t mention Jesus as our savior. You simply said the law showed we needed a savior. Where is Jesus?

The 10 commandments were part of the old covenant under the Old Testament. We are under a new covenant under the New Testament where our belief in Christ Jesus is the keeping of the law. Because Jesus is the fulfillment of the law. At His death the law was nailed to the cross. It was taken away from us because we couldn’t keep it. So grace is offered to us freely, requiring no works of the law, and just like God nailed the law to the cross, He also crucified us (the old man - sinful nature) on the cross with Jesus. We are dead to the law.

To keep any part of the Old Testament laws, to include the 10, brings the curse of the law upon us. To remove the curse, God sent His Son, therefore, Jesus being our sacrifice for sin, saves us from the curse of the law.

When reading Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, you must understand that the Old Testament was still in full force. John 15:10 KJV was to the Jews who were under the law. The way the commandments were kept under the Old Testament would change after Jesus death, which His death brought in the full force of the New Testament. John 15:10 KJV is now kept based on how we are instructed in the gospel of Christ, that is, the epistles of Paul and the other New Testament writers: from Romans to Jude.

We cannot ignore the New Testament gospel as it is the power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16 KJV. All power is in Christ Jesus hands. He has the power of life and death - as Christ is the righteousness of the law - imputed on us when we believe truly in Him. Jesus is our substitute for sin. Through Jesus we are washed clean. Through Jesus we are made righteous, so we no longer keep any part of the law to be righteous before God, to include the keeping of the 10 commandments. Galatians 5:14 KJV says, “For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.”

You are very unfamiliar with what scripture is saying. I hope you consider prayer for understanding the Bible because what you have said is an outright denial of Jesus.

The Jewish Bible is for those who call themselves Jews “Jewish” people, who do not believe in Jesus, and who are still waiting for the Messiah to come. I would suggest reading the King James Bible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus and the Father's law are not at odds with each other Rev 11:19 When Jesus was asked which laws to keep for eternal life- He quoted right from the Ten Mat 19:17-19 and said again quoting from the Ten to not break or teach others to break the least of the commandments Mat 5:19-30. Jesus is the one speaking at Mt Sinai and He did not come to destroy His own laws that He wrote, and He spoke Exo 31:18 Exo 32:16 but came to live them out and give man the perfect example of how to live by faith. 1 John 2:6 We need to have the same faith of Jesus who kept all of the commandments, including the 4th commandment Luke 4:16 that He started with Remember that He had the foresight man would forget. Jesus led by example, our example to follow. Our salvation is from sin (not in) Mat 1:21 and sin is the transgression of God's law even in the NT 1 John 3:4 Romans 7:7

To answer the OP scripture says the saints will be tending to vineyards and building houses Isa 65:21 no one will ever tire Isaiah 40:31 no more pain, tears, hunger, death sorrow Revelation 21:4; Isaiah 33:24; Isaiah 65:23; Revelation 7:16 and no one will be disappointed in what God has in store for His saints. Psalm 16:11

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Heb 8:7
For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Heb 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Jesus brought the New covenant. He set the rules and laws and rewards we only have a choice to abide by his rule or not.
Jesus taught for at least 3 years and had many many chances to say follow old law and/or follow the old Ten. I can not find any where he said follow he old law or follow the old Ten commandments. Jesus spoke the commandments for us to follow, That is the New Law in Heb 7:12.
Also he shows it here in John 15:10 where he show a difference of commandments between the old and the New
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus and the Father's law are not at odds with each other Rev 11:19 When Jesus was asked which laws to keep for eternal life- He quoted right from the Ten Mat 19:17-19 and said again quoting from the Ten to not break or teach others to break the least of the commandments Mat 5:19-30. Jesus is the one speaking at Mt Sinai and He did not come to destroy His own laws that He wrote, and He spoke Exo 31:18 Exo 32:16 but came to live them out and give man the perfect example of how to live by faith. 1 John 2:6 We need to have the same faith of Jesus who kept all of the commandments, including the 4th commandment Luje 4:16 that He started with Remember that He had the foresight man would forget. Jesus led by example, our example to follow. Our salvation is from sin (not in) Mat 1:21 and sin is the transgression of God's law even in the NT 1 John 3:4 Romans 7:7

To answer the op scripture says the saints will be tending to vineyards and building houses Isa 65:21 no one will ever tire Isaiah 40:31 no more pain, tears, hunger, death sorrow Revelation 21:4; Isaiah 33:24; Isaiah 65:23; Revelation 7:16 and no one will be disappointed in what God has in store for His saints. Psalm 16:11
see post #10

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hope you don't mind if I add context back into the verses you quoted
Hebrews 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins [b]and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

We are so blessed to have a Savior who is longsuffering and loving. The old covenant (agreement) was broken because the fault was in the people, not His perfect and holy laws Psa 19:7 Rom 7:12, they broke the agreement by disobeying God. God is not doing away with His holy law and now we can worship other gods, vain His holy name bow to idols, covet murder etc. The old covenant (agreement) was based on the people doing, the New Covenant (agreement) is based on God doing. He writes His holy law in our hearts and minds all we need to do in not change our minds and cooperate. It says nothing about different laws, one would have to add that to the Text to make this argument.

Amen! All authority is given to Jesus and no man has the authority to change anything from His holy law which is why Jesus warns us not to break or teach others to break the least of the commandments Mat 5:19-30
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Jesus brought the New covenant. He set the rules and laws and rewards we only have a choice to abide by his rule or not.
Jesus taught for at least 3 years and had many many chances to say follow old law and/or follow the old Ten. I can not find any where he said follow he old law or follow the old Ten commandments. Jesus spoke the commandments for us to follow, That is the New Law in Heb 7:12.
You seem to be adding words that are not found in the Text. Can you point the law that is being changed of the priesthood in Hebrews 7 is the Ten Commandments. The law that is being changed is the priesthood. Hebrews 7:28 No longer do we have to go to a human priest and present a sacrificial offering for sin. In the New Covenant Jesus is now our High Priest Hebrews 4:14-16 Heb 7:28 and instead of sacrificing animals for our sins, we can go directly to our High Priest who became the Sacrificial Lamb 1 Cor 5:7 Hebrews 10:1-10 so we can go directly to Jesus for the forgiveness of sins when we repent 1 John 1:9 which means a change in our direction. Sin is still breaking the Ten Commandments Romans 7:7 even in the NT breaking one you break all James 2:10-12 The Ten Commandments is so we can "see" our sins Romans 3:20 and shows our need for Jesus, so we can go to Him when we are truly sorry for forgiveness and sanctification and receive His mercy and grace. If we cover our sins, one cannot prosper Pro 28:13
Also he shows it here in John 15:10 where he show a difference of commandments between the old and the New
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
No difference, the same commandments. Jesus is our example to follow 1 John 2:6 He didn't lead by example so we could do something entirely different. Hebrews 4:15 Jesus in facts says when we keep our rules over the commandments of God quoting directly from the Ten, He says our hearts are far from Him Mat 15:8 (opposite of the New Covenant Heb 8:10) and one worships in vain. Mark 7:7-8 Mat 15:3-9 we are called to worship Him in Truth and Spirit John 4:23-24 and if false (in vain) worship is breaking the commandments of God, true worship is keeping the commandments of God Rev 14:12 as no man has authority to change what He both wrote and spoke Exo 31:18 Ex 32:16 and is kept in His holy Temple under His mercy seat that is revealed in heaven Rev 11:19 and what the earthy temple was patterned after Heb 8:1-5 to show us the plan of salvation. Our salvation is from sin Mat 1:21 not in sin and through Jesus we can overcome and obey Him through faith and love 1 John 5:3 Romans 3:31 Rev 14:12 John 14:15 Exo 20:6

Last edited:
Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟68,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You haven’t mention Jesus as our savior. You simply said the law showed we needed a savior. Where is Jesus?

The 10 commandments were part of the old covenant under the Old Testament. We are under a new covenant under the New Testament where our belief in Christ Jesus is the keeping of the law. Because Jesus is the fulfillment of the law. At His death the law was nailed to the cross. It was taken away from us because we couldn’t keep it. So grace is offered to us freely, requiring no works of the law, and just like God nailed the law to the cross, He also crucified us (the old man - sinful nature) on the cross with Jesus. We are dead to the law.

To keep any part of the Old Testament laws, to include the 10, brings the curse of the law upon us. To remove the curse, God sent His Son, therefore, Jesus being our sacrifice for sin, saves us from the curse of the law.

When reading Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, you must understand that the Old Testament was still in full force. John 15:10 KJV was to the Jews who were under the law. The way the commandments were kept under the Old Testament would change after Jesus death, which His death brought in the full force of the New Testament. John 15:10 KJV is now kept based on how we are instructed in the gospel of Christ, that is, the epistles of Paul and the other New Testament writers: from Romans to Jude.

We cannot ignore the New Testament gospel as it is the power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16 KJV. All power is in Christ Jesus hands. He has the power of life and death - as Christ is the righteousness of the law - imputed on us when we believe truly in Him. Jesus is our substitute for sin. Through Jesus we are washed clean. Through Jesus we are made righteous, so we no longer keep any part of the law to be righteous before God, to include the keeping of the 10 commandments. Galatians 5:14 KJV says, “For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.”

You are very unfamiliar with what scripture is saying. I hope you consider prayer for understanding the Bible because what you have said is an outright denial of Jesus.

The Jewish Bible is for those who call themselves Jews “Jewish” people, who do not believe in Jesus, and who are still waiting for the Messiah to come. I would suggest reading the King James Bible.
Neighbor, I am sorry you have not understood but Yashua is the original, untranslated name of the Savour. Jesus is His name translated into Greek, as I am taught. When I was a soldier the peoples of Europe and Asia knew translations of my name but always called me by the English or Duetch enuciation... my preference. Out of respect I call the Father Yahova and the Son Yashua, the Koine Hebrew, a.k.a. original, names. Read this string of posts and you'll find Him.

Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟68,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Heb 8:7
For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my But
But you still attend not to the Whole Word. As a Baptist, by choice, I do my best to follow Yashua and He follows, still, the Father. All Law is His, John 1:1-5.

Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hope you don't mind if I add context back into the verses you quoted

Hebrews 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins [b]and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

We are so blessed to have a Savior who is longsuffering and loving. The old covenant (agreement) was broken because the fault was in the people, not His perfect and holy laws Psa 19:7 Rom 7:12, they broke the agreement by disobeying God. God is not doing away with His holy law and now we can worship other gods, vain His holy name bow to idols, covet murder etc. The old covenant (agreement) was based on the people doing, the New Covenant (agreement) is based on God doing. He writes His holy law in our hearts and minds all we need to do in not change our minds and cooperate. It says nothing about different laws, one would have to add that to the Text to make this argument.

Amen! All authority is given to Jesus and no man has the authority to change anything from His holy law which is why Jesus warns us not to break or teach others to break the least of the commandments Mat 5:19-30

You seem to be adding words that are not found in the Text. Can you point the law that is being changed of the priesthood in Hebrews 7 is the Ten Commandments. The law that is being changed is the priesthood. Hebrews 7:28 No longer do we have to go to a human priest and present a sacrificial offering for sin. In the New Covenant Jesus is now our High Priest Hebrews 4:14-16 Heb 7:28 and instead of sacrificing animals for our sins, we can go directly to our High Priest who became the Sacrificial Lamb 1 Cor 5:7 Hebrews 10:1-10 so we can go directly to Jesus for the forgiveness of sins when we repent 1 John 1:9 which means a change in our direction. Sin is still breaking the Ten Commandments Romans 7:7 even in the NT breaking one you break all James 2:10-12 The Ten Commandments is so we can "see" our sins Romans 3:20 and shows our need for Jesus, so we can go to Him when we are truly sorry for forgiveness and sanctification and receive His mercy and grace. If we cover our sins, one cannot prosper Pro 28:13

No difference, the same commandments. Jesus is our example to follow 1 John 2:6 He didn't lead by example so we could do something entirely different. Hebrews 4:15 Jesus in facts says when we keep our rules over the commandments of God quoting directly from the Ten, He says our hearts are far from Him Mat 15:8 (opposite of the New Covenant Heb 8:10) and one worships in vain. Mark 7:7-8 Mat 15:3-9 we are called to worship Him in Truth and Spirit John 4:23-24 and if false (in vain) worship is breaking the commandments of God, true worship is keeping the commandments of God Rev 14:12 as no man has authority to change what He both wrote and spoke Exo 31:18 Ex 32:16 and is kept in His holy Temple under His mercy seat that is revealed in heaven Rev 11:19 and what the earthy temple was patterned after Heb 8:1-5 to show us the plan of salvation. Our salvation is from sin Mat 1:21 not in sin and through Jesus we can overcome and obey Him through faith and love 1 John 5:3 Romans 3:31 Rev 14:12 John 14:15 Exo 20:6
God is not doing away with His holy law and now we can worship other gods, vain His holy name bow to idols,
you wrote the above after "they broke the agreement" does not sound right.

The law Eph 2:14-15

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Colossians 2:14

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Heb 7:12 is very clear the law also changed as clear as Eph 2;14 -15 and as clear as Colos 2:14. The Jews said the same thing when Jesus offered the New Covenant to them.
You need to re-read John 15:10 it show the original were of God the Father which Jesus followed and Jesus was given ALL Matt 28:18
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Jesus spake the commandment we are to keep. I do not read Jesus says keep the original ten anywhere please point it out. Colos 2:14 is the ordinances Eph 2 15 is the TEN

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God is not doing away with His holy law and now we can worship other gods, vain His holy name bow to idols,
you wrote the above after "they broke the agreement" does not sound right.
Agreed, the New Covenant has God's law written in the heart which is why its still a sin to break any of the Ten Commandments in the NC. Romans 7:7 Mat 5:19 -30 James 2:10-12. After the Israelites broke the covenant- God didn't condemn them all, but instead wrote a New Covenant, that has Him being the one doing instead of us, we just need to cooperate with the Holy Spirit. Which is why the Holy Spirit pleas with us not to rebel like the Israelites did Hebrews 3:7-8
The law Eph 2:14-15

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Colossians 2:14

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

True, the law contained in ordinances, which are different than the Ten Commandments.

Neh 9:13 “You came down also on Mount Sinai, And spoke with them from heaven, And gave them just ordinances and true laws, Good statutes and commandments.
Heb 7:12 is very clear the law also changed as clear as Eph 2;14 -15 and as clear as Colos 2:14. The Jews said the same thing when Jesus offered the New Covenant to them.
Hebrew 7 is referring to the law of the priesthood as the entire chapter is about that. Col 2:14-17 and Eph 2:14-15 are referring to ordinances, not the Ten Commandments.

Col 2:14 gives the context Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The ordinances were handwritten by Moses 2 Chronicles 33:8 The Ten Commandments were finger written by God Exp 32:16 Exo 31:18 the Ten Commandments are not grievous 1 John 5:3 but perfect Psa 19:7 the law of Moses which contained the ordinances was set outside the covenant as a witness against (contrary) Deuteronomy 31:26 so the context if carefully examined is clear it has nothing to do with the Ten Commandments but the ordinances relating to the sacrificial system as Christ became our Sacrificial Lamb.1 Cor 5:7 Hebrews 10:1-10 that is what ended at the cross the Ten Commandments God's eternal law is kept by God's faithful until the very end of time Rev 14:12 Rev 22:14-15 and what defines sin Romans 7:7 and what we will be judged by James 2:10-12 hence why it is under God's mercy seat in heaven Rev 11:19
You need to re-read John 15:10 it show the original were of God the Father which Jesus followed and Jesus was given ALL Matt 28:18
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Jesus spake the commandment we are to keep. I do not read Jesus says keep the original ten anywhere please point it out. Colos 2:14 is the ordinances Eph 2 15 is the TEN
I have read it many times and Jesus came as our example to follow 1 John 2:6 and kept the commandments to lead us by example, not for Him to keep and for us to profane. John 15:10 does not say different commandments God the Father and God the Son are not at odds with their holy commandments. Which is why Jesus teaches for us to keep these same commandments and quotes directly from the Ten verbatim telling us not to break or teach others to break the least of the commandments and to keep for eternal life. Mat 5:19-30 Mat 15:3-9 Mark 7:7-8 Mat 19:17-19 It's a lot of Text one has to delete to make the case we no longer need to keep God's commandments that He wrote and He spoke that Jesus and the apostles all taught from and kept.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Agreed, the New Covenant has God's law written in the heart which is why its still a sin to break any of the Ten Commandments in the NC. Romans 7:7 Mat 5:19 -30 James 2:10-12. After the Israelites broke the covenant- God didn't condemn them all, but instead wrote a New Covenant, that has Him being the one doing instead of us, we just need to cooperate with the Holy Spirit. Which is why the Holy Spirit pleas with us not to rebel like the Israelites did Hebrews 3:7-8

True, the law contained in ordinances, which are different than the Ten Commandments.

Neh 9:13 “You came down also on Mount Sinai, And spoke with them from heaven, And gave them just ordinances and true laws, Good statutes and commandments.

Hebrew 7 is referring to the law of the priesthood as the entire chapter is about that. Col 2:14-17 and Eph 2:14-15 are referring to ordinances, not the Ten Commandments.

Col 2:14 gives the context Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The ordinances were handwritten by Moses 2 Chronicles 33:8 The Ten Commandments were finger written by God Exp 32:16 Exo 31:18 the Ten Commandments are not grievous 1 John 5:3 but perfect Psa 19:7 the law of Moses which contained the ordinances was set outside the covenant as a witness against (contrary) Deuteronomy 31:26 so the context if carefully examined is clear it has nothing to do with the Ten Commandments but the ordinances relating to the sacrificial system as Christ became our Sacrificial Lamb.1 Cor 5:7 Hebrews 10:1-10 that is what ended at the cross the Ten Commandments God's eternal law is kept by God's faithful until the very end of time Rev 14:12 Rev 22:14-15 and what defines sin Romans 7:7 and what we will be judged by James 2:10-12 hence why it is under God's mercy seat in heaven Rev 11:19

I have read it many times and Jesus came as our example to follow 1 John 2:6 and kept the commandments to lead us by example, not for Him to keep and for us to profane. John 15:10 does not say different commandments God the Father and God the Son are not at odds with their holy commandments. Which is why Jesus teaches for us to keep these same commandments and quotes directly from the Ten verbatim telling us not to break or teach others to break the least of the commandments and to keep for eternal life. Mat 5:19-30 Mat 15:3-9 Mark 7:7-8 Mat 19:17-19 It's a lot of Text one has to delete to make the case we no longer need to keep God's commandments that He wrote and He spoke that Jesus and the apostles all taught from and kept.
you only read half of each verse. you are not addressing what is actually in the verses only part of the verses.
you still believe what you wrote here it is again below
"and now we can worship other gods,"

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Neighbor, I am sorry you have not understood but Yashua is the original, untranslated name of the Savour. Jesus is His name translated into Greek, as I am taught. When I was a soldier the peoples of Europe and Asia knew translations of my name but always called me by the English or Duetch enuciation... my preference. Out of respect I call the Father Yahova and the Son Yashua, the Koine Hebrew, a.k.a. original, names. Read this string of posts and you'll find Him.
I understand you are using the name Yashua. But my question was where is He in your post relating to our salvation.

This is what you said; “The Law of Yashua was written for sinners to be able to see that they needed a Savior and the Jew was to lead them to the foot of the throne.”

In the above you said the law showed people they needed a savior, and credited the Jews for leading people to the foot of the throne. What exactly are you saying here? What scriptures are you referring to?

No where did you mention Jesus /Yashua as being our savior, and because there is no more priesthood (the vail of the temple ripped at His death) we can come boldly to the throne of grace (the foot of the throne) without a Levi Priest administering the once a year temple ordinances behind the vail.

So, how is it that the Jews will lead people to the foot of the throne when Jesus death made that possible. Plus I’m unclear on what you are saying because it was the Jews who killed Jesus, killed some of the apostles (Stephen for example), rejected the Gospel of Christ, and plotted to kill Paul, etc.

So what scripture are you referring to that says Jew was to lead them [the people] to the foot of the throne? Are you saying that’s how it was supposed to be before Israel broke the law? Or are you saying now under the new covenant?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
you only read half of each verse. you are not addressing what is actually in the verses only part of the verses.
you still believe what you wrote here it is again below
"and now we can worship other gods,"
Sorry if I misunderstood, perhaps if you can clarify do you agree we can’t worship other gods? Or we can? If so where did this command come from? Did the He who said -Thou shalt not have other gods before me say and write other commandments? James quotes God saying if we break one of these commandments only quoting and contrasting from the Ten we break them all. James 2:10-12 which Jesus also said something similar not to break or teach others to break the least of these commandments again quoting directly from the Ten. Mat 5:19-30 so hopefully you agree with NT teachings that we are to keep God's commandments through faith Romans 3:31 and love 1 John 5:3 John 14:16 Exo 20:6 the same faith of Jesus Rev 14:12 who kept all of the commandments John 15:10 and He is the way and the Truth John 14:6 and His commandments reflect His holy character Psa 119:151 which we are to take on and why we are to follow His example 1 John 2:6 His example to follow will keep us on the narrow path. Follow Him!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry if I misunderstood, perhaps if you can clarify do you agree we can’t worship other gods? Or we can? If so where did this command come from? Did the He who said -Thou shalt not have other gods before me say and write other commandments? James quotes God saying if we break one of these commandments only quoting and contrasting from the Ten we break them all. James 2:10-12 which Jesus also said something similar not to break or teach others to break the least of these commandments again quoting directly from the Ten. Mat 5:19-30 so hopefully you agree with NT teachings that we are to keep God's commandments through faith Romans 3:31 and love 1 John 5:3 John 14:16 Exo 20:6 the same faith of Jesus Rev 14:12 who kept all of the commandments John 15:10 and He is the way and the Truth John 14:6 and His commandments reflect His holy character Psa 119:151 which we are to take on and why we are to follow His example 1 John 2:6 His example to follow will keep us on the narrow path. Follow Him!
The reason I pointed it out was it said we can worship other gods. I agree we can not worship other Gods.
I would like to ask what Jere 31 means to you.
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
In v31 what does "new covenant" mean to you? completely new or part old part new

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
In v 32 what does "Not according to the covenant I made with their Fathers" does that still mean new or part old and part new?

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
In v 33 If the laws and commands are written on ones heart why do they need the old ten written on stone? They don't

Upvote 0