Pittsburgh
✟64,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I envy Jacob in the sense that he was thrown down in a well and then taken into captivity for a number of years where he could meditate and focus on God's will.
I think you are getting Jacob mixed up with his son Joseph.

Out in the open you need to have an economy and make descions left and right, which is the thing that isn't working for me. I have the option of comitting crime and ending up in jail, where I can focus on a number of things. Like I said I have other options, from God or not impossible to tell, but daily stresses and confusion comes in the way.
If you are serious about the temptation to commit a crime, some professional counseling would be helpful also.
If I thought such a thing I would seek support even if it were law enforcement.

It is hard to turn your whole life around. You have to get with Jesus in small manageable pieces.
That is why I encouraged you to start each day with a time with Jesus.

This is some of the best advice I ever got. Start each day as a habit in the word of God in the presence of the Lord.
You may start by calling on His name "O Lord Jesus, O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus You are my Lord and Savior."

With your Bible near by and opened, beginby CALLING on the Lord. There is NO legality on how many times you need to
call on His name. This is TURNING your heart to the Lord. This is calling on His name to get the Person of that name.

You call because He is rich to all who call upon Him.
I love what the Psalmist said. He loved the Lord because the Lord HEARD HIS VOICE.

I love Jehovah because He hears / My voice, my supplications,

Because He inclines His ear to me; / Therefore I will call upon Him all my days.

He loved God because he discovered that God listened and heard his calling on God.

The bonds of death encompassed me, / And the distresses of Sheol fell upon me; / I fell upon trouble and sorrow.
But I called upon the name of Jehovah. / O Jehovah, I pray, deliver my soul.

Eventually in the same Psalm his calling on the name of God became like drinking salvation from a cup, like a divine beverage.

What shall I return to Jehovah / For all His benefits toward me?
I will take up the cup of salvation / And call upon the name of Jehovah.

Call on the name of the Lord Jesus. Then call again. Then call again.
Call on His name "Lord Jesus" until your spirit is on fire.

I am serious. You can begin by calling your way into the presence of God.
Then you can open the word and feed more your undernourished spirit to greater strength.
If you you put this into practice your disappointed children will NOTICE a change in your being for the better.

Latter I will share with you how to pray-read the word of God.
This post is about calling on His name. You may not KNOW how you ought to pray.
But just calling on the name of the Lord Jesus God knows what is the unspoken need.

This transformation that will take place in your person if you PRACTICE each morning, will be a wonderful
gift for your children to notice. They may say "Dad, seems different lately. The change somehow seems hopeful and positive."

Reactions: jonojim1337
Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟6,144.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think you are getting Jacob mixed up with his son Joseph.

If you are serious about the temptation to commit a crime, some professional counseling would be helpful also.

It is hard to turn your whole life around. You have to get with Jesus in small manageable pieces.
That is why I encouraged you to start each day with a time with Jesus.

This is some of the best advice I ever got. Start each day as a habit in the word of God in the presence of the Lord.
You may start by calling on His name "O Lord Jesus, O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus You are my Lord and Savior."

With your Bible near by and opened, beginby CALLING on the Lord. There is NO legality on how many times you need to
call on His name. This is TURNING your heart to the Lord. This is calling on His name to get the Person of that name.

You call because He is rich to all who call upon Him.
I love what the Psalmist said. He loved the Lord because the Lord HEARD HIS VOICE.

I love Jehovah because He hears / My voice, my supplications,

Because He inclines His ear to me; / Therefore I will call upon Him all my days.

He loved God because he discovered that God listened and heard his calling on God.

The bonds of death encompassed me, / And the distresses of Sheol fell upon me; / I fell upon trouble and sorrow.
But I called upon the name of Jehovah. / O Jehovah, I pray, deliver my soul.

Eventually in the same Psalm his calling on the name of God became like drinking salvation from a cup, like a divine beverage.

What shall I return to Jehovah / For all His benefits toward me?
I will take up the cup of salvation / And call upon the name of Jehovah.

Call on the name of the Lord Jesus. Then call again. Then call again.
Call on His name "Lord Jesus" until your spirit is on fire.

I am serious. You can begin by calling your way into the presence of God.
Then you can open the word and feed more your undernourished spirit to greater strength.
If you you put this into practice your disappointed children will NOTICE a change in your being for the better.

Latter I will share with you how to pray-read the word of God.
This post is about calling on His name. You may not KNOW how you ought to pray.
But just calling on the name of the Lord Jesus God knows what is the unspoken need.

This transformation that will take place in your person if you PRACTICE each morning, will be a wonderful
gift for your children to notice. They may say "Dad, seems different lately. The change somehow seems hopeful and positive."
It is certainly worth trying. Thanks.

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟6,144.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's not really a question of being tempted to commit crime, but that I absolutely hate being alive. I have to survive because of my children so as to not traumatize them. A compromise could be jail. If God made it less disgusting to be here, that would be nice. I will keep calling his name.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not really a question of being tempted to commit crime, but that I absolutely hate being alive. I have to survive because of my children so as to not traumatize them. A compromise could be jail. If God made it less disgusting to be here, that would be nice. I will keep calling his name.
Calling on the name of the Lord is a simple way to touch the Lord.
Call from deep within. Do not just call from your lips but from deep in your heart.

" O Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus, I love You. Lord Jesus, Thankyou. O Lord Jesus, You love me so. Amen Lord."

Draw water of life from the wells of salvation and call upon His name.

Therefore you will draw water with rejoicing from the springs of salvation,
And you will say in that day, Give thanks to Jehovah; call upon His name!
Make His deeds known among the peoples;

Remind them that His name is exalted. (Isaiah 12:3,4)

Reactions: jonojim1337
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be encouraged trusting Jesus; the world/kosmos?/ society is so corrupt there are innumerable traps and directions leading to destruction. i.e. Trust Jesus be Blessed by Him Daily Trust men, receive YHVH's curse instead of a blessing.
Yes. And Jesus is an enjoyment. But we have to learn that.
Remember how Sarah laughed when she had a son finally being beyond the ability to do so?
I think Isaac means "laughter."

The grace of the Triune God flowing through us can be delightful and enjoyable.
Like "Our mouth was filled with laughter. And we were like them that dreamed."

When Jehovah turned again the captivity of Zion, / We were like those who dream.
At that time our mouth was filled with laughter / And our tongue with a ringing shout.
/ At that time they said among the nations, / Jehovah has done great things for them.

Jehovah has done great things for us; / We are joyful.

Turn again, O Jehovah, our captivity / Like the streams in the south. (Psa. 126:1-4)

Upvote 0