WHAT ON EARTH WILL YOU DO (FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE)

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The reason I pointed it out was it said we can worship other gods. I agree we can not worship other Gods.
I would like to ask what Jere 31 means to you.
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
In v31 what does "new covenant" mean to you? completely new or part old part new
A covenant is an agreement. It says it's a new covenant based on better promises not better of different laws.

Hebrews 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.

God's law is perfect Psa 19:7 - you can't change perfection, but the promises of the New Covenant are much better than the old. Instead of it being in our strength, God is the one doing- Jesus is now the Mediator of the New Covenant and our High Priest. Don't you think going directly to Jesus when we sin is so much better than going to an earthy Priest when we sin and bringing a sacrificial animal? These are the better promises of the New Covenant, not taking away the law the defines sin Romans 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 which is why you see all of the Ten Commandments throughout the New Covenant kept by Jesus, His faithful followers and the apostles. The doctrine that we no longer need to keep God's commandments is not a doctrine from God, but from the other spirit who wants nothing more for us to sin 1 John 3:8 or cover our sins and therefore can't prosper by going to Jesus for forgiveness and sanctification so we can receive His mercy and grace. Pro 28:13 It's amazing how many people are deceived by this doctrine despite Jesus very own teachings. Mat 19:17-19 Mat 5:17-30 Mat 15:3-9
Yes, its a different agreement, not different laws. Like you said why would we want to worship other gods? In that same unit of Ten that God wrote and God spoke He also wrote other commandments and why would anyone want to vain His holy name? break His holy Sabbath day. Bow to idols. Covet, steal or murder? God wrote and spoke His perfect , eternal law and gives us so much yet asks for so little. If you love Me- keep My commandments Exo 20:6 John 14:15 1 John 5:3

You don't want God's law written in your heart? This is the rebellion I was previously mentioning- all we need to do is cooperate with God and what He writes in our hearts and minds. Sadly, people want to rely on their own righteousness instead of God's Psa 119:172, their truth over God's Truth Psa 119:151 but we can't sanctify ourselves only God can Eze 20:12 but yet people still try.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A covenant is an agreement. It says it's a new covenant based on better promises not better of different laws.

Hebrews 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.

God's law is perfect Psa 19:7 - you can't change perfection, but the promises of the New Covenant are much better than the old. Instead of it being in our strength, God is the one doing- Jesus is now the Mediator of the New Covenant and our High Priest. Don't you think going directly to Jesus when we sin is so much better than going to an earthy Priest when we sin and bringing a sacrificial animal? These are the better promises of the New Covenant, not taking away the law the defines sin Romans 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 which is why you see all of the Ten Commandments throughout the New Covenant kept by Jesus, His faithful followers and the apostles. The doctrine that we no longer need to keep God's commandments is not a doctrine from God, but from the other spirit who wants nothing more for us to sin 1 John 3:8 or cover our sins and therefore can't prosper by going to Jesus for forgiveness and sanctification so we can receive His mercy and grace. Pro 28:13 It's amazing how many people are deceived by this doctrine despite Jesus very own teachings. Mat 19:17-19 Mat 5:17-30 Mat 15:3-9

Yes, its a different agreement, not different laws. Like you said why would we want to worship other gods? In that same unit of Ten that God wrote and God spoke He also wrote other commandments and why would anyone want to vain His holy name? break His holy Sabbath day. Bow to idols. Covet, steal or murder? God wrote and spoke His perfect , eternal law and gives us so much yet asks for so little. If you love Me- keep My commandments Exo 20:6 John 14:15 1 John 5:3

You don't want God's law written in your heart? This is the rebellion I was previously mentioning- all we need to do is cooperate with God and what He writes in our hearts and minds. Sadly, people want to rely on their own righteousness instead of God's Psa 119:172, their truth over God's Truth Psa 119:151 but we can't sanctify ourselves only God can Eze 20:12 but yet people still try.
thanks for the conversation. I at most agree with only half of what you say. Im new Covenant completely no old law in new covenant. per Eph 2: 14-15 And in Gal 2:16, Gal 3:24-25, Gal 4:4-6, Philip 3:9

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
thanks for the conversation. I at most agree with only half of what you say. Im new Covenant completely no old law in new covenant. per Eph 2: 14-15 And in Gal 2:16, Gal 3:24-25, Gal 4:4-6, Philip 3:9
As stated a covenant is just an agreement. The new agreement is based on better promises, not better laws. Many people get hung up on that and completely miss and/or ignore the very teachings of Jesus Mat 19:17-19 John 14:15, Mat 15:3-9 Mark 7:7-8, Mat 5:19-30 and the example He left for us to follow 1 John 2:6 who kept all of the commandments. We need the same faith of Jesus. Rev 14:12

Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As stated a covenant is just an agreement. The new agreement is based on better promises, not better laws. Many people get hung up on that and completely miss and/or ignore the very teachings of Jesus Mat 19:17-19 John 14:15, Mat 15:3-9 Mark 7:7-8, Mat 5:19-30 and the example He left for us to follow 1 John 2:6 who kept all of the commandments. We need the same faith of Jesus. Rev 14:12
A covenant is an agreement yes. Jesus was th one offering the agreement and He made the rules, regulations, laws that went into it not us. We get out of the covenant eternal life if we go by His covenant. Heb 8:7 says old covenant had fault that is why a new one was brought in. Jesus was given all power for the new covenant Matt 28:18. Heb 7:12 says new priest AND new law.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A covenant is an agreement yes. Jesus was th one offering the agreement and He made the rules, regulations, laws that went into it not us. We get out of the covenant eternal life if we go by His covenant. Heb 8:7 says old covenant had fault that is why a new one was brought in. Jesus was given all power for the new covenant Matt 28:18. Heb 7:12 says new priest AND new law.
Can you please explain how a perfect law has fault? Psa 19:7. The fault was never in the Ten Commanments, we are told clearly where the fault was and that was with the people. Hebrews 8:8. Do you really think because the fault was with the people that God was going to change His mind and now it’s okay to worship other gods, or bow to idols, covet, murder , commit adultery etc. Did Jesus teach us we can do these things or did Jesus teach us to keep the commandments of God? Jesus went so far to say when we keep our rules over the commandments of God one worships in vain (false worship) Mat 15:3-9 does that sound like God’s holy law is at fault and we can break the least of these commandments, the opposite of what Jesus teaches? Mat 5:19-30.

We already went over the priesthood which is what the change in the law so Jesus can be our High Priest, not that we can now profane the Ten Commandments and commit sin Romans 7:7.. There is no scripture that says the change in the law is the Ten Commandments. There was some changes, that had to do with the old sanctuary system for the forgiveness of sin that all pointed forward to Jesus Hebrews 10:1-10, not that we are now free to break God’s law and commit sin freely. I know this is a popular teaching, but it’s not the teaching of Jesus or the apostles. The saints keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus until the very end of time Rev 14:12 Rev 22:14. Jesus, the apostles and His faithful followers all kept and taught on the commandments, thats the group I want to be in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you please explain how a perfect law has fault? Psa 19:7. The fault was never in the Ten Commanments, we are told clearly where the fault was and that was with the people. Hebrews 8:8. Do you really think because the fault was with the people that God was going to change His mind and now it’s okay to worship other gods, or bow to idols, covet, murder , commit adultery etc. Did Jesus teach us we can do these things or did Jesus teach us to keep the commandments of God? Jesus went so far to say when we keep our rules over the commandments of God one worships in vain (false worship) Mat 15:3-9 does that sound like God’s holy law is at fault and we can break the least of these commandments, the opposite of what Jesus teaches? Mat 5:19-30.

We already went over the priesthood which is what the change in the law so Jesus can be our High Priest, not that we can now profane the Ten Commandments and commit sin Romans 7:7.. There is no scripture that says the change in the law is the Ten Commandments. There was some changes, that had to do with the old sanctuary system for the forgiveness of sin that all pointed forward to Jesus Hebrews 10:1-10, not that we are now free to break God’s law and commit sin freely. I know this is a popular teaching, but it’s not the teaching of Jesus or the apostles. The saints keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus until the very end of time Rev 14:12 Rev 22:14. Jesus, the apostles and His faithful followers all kept and taught on the commandments, thats the group I want to be in.
Do you really think because the fault was with the people that God was going to change His mind and now it’s okay to worship other gods, or bow to idols, covet, murder , commit adultery etc
This is an outlandish overboard ridiculous absurd reaction to the New Covenant that Jesus brought. 90% of what I posted was verses direct from the bible.
One can not explain the New Covenant to you because you are reacting just like the Jews did when Jesus tried to explain the New Covenant to them and you know what they did to Him. If you wanted to discuss the New Covenant the last 12 words in the above quote would not be coming from you. The old law was perfect and PEOPLE are NOT they could not follow the old law so Jesus came to make it easier on people and give the New Covenant WITHOUT your last 12 words in the quote above. TheNew Covenant made and delivered by Jesus is BETTER than the old LAW.
ps the Bible forced on me by this forum has more mistakes in it than my answers to my 10th grade English test had in it.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is an outlandish overboard ridiculous absurd reaction to the New Covenant that Jesus brought. 90% of what I posted was verses direct from the bible.
One can not explain the New Covenant to you because you are reacting just like the Jews did when Jesus tried to explain the New Covenant to them and you know what they did to Him. If you wanted to discuss the New Covenant the last 12 words in the above quote would not be coming from you. The old law was perfect and PEOPLE are NOT they could not follow the old law so Jesus came to make it easier on people and give the New Covenant WITHOUT your last 12 words in the quote above. TheNew Covenant made and delivered by Jesus is BETTER than the old LAW.
ps the Bible forced on me by this forum has more mistakes in it than my answers to my 10th grade English test had in it.
Please read post 12 and #21 this is scripture directly from the bible that is shown in context. Your theory that the Ten Commandments ended at the cross does not reconcile with the clear teachings of Jesus and the apostles. Mat 5:19-30 James 2:10-12 Romans 7:7 Mat 19:17-19 Mat 15:3-9 Mark 7:7-8, Luke 4:16, Luke 23:56, Acts 13:42-44, Acts 18:4, 1 John 5:3 John 14:15 Exo 20:6 Rev 14:15 1 John 2:1-7, 1 John 5:3, 1 Cor 7:19 Rev 22:14-15 and so many other NT teachings. I know it’s a popular teaching that the Ten Commandments ended at the cross, but it’s not a teaching from scripture. There is someone who wants us to sin (break God’s law 1 John 3:4) Rom 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 1 John 3:8 and cover our sins Pro 28:13 so we won’t go to Jesus to seek forgiveness and sanctification therefore we don’t prosper by receiving His mercy and grace, but its not Jesus 1 John 2:1-7 1 John 1:9 He blesses us when we obey Rev 22:14 which we should do through love and faith. 1 John 5:3 Rom 3:31 Rev 14:12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
but it’s not a teaching from scripture.

Every verse below says the law is no longer in the New Covenant.
Is the below NOT scripture?

Eph 2:15
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Gal 3: 24-25
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Heb 8:13
In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Heb 9:15
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Gal 3:21
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Colos 2:14
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Phili 3:9
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Acts 13:39
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
11Cor 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
John 1:17
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Just a few to mention.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Every verse below says the law is no longer in the New Covenant.
Is the below NOT scripture?

Eph 2:15
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Gal 3: 24-25
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Heb 8:13
In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Heb 9:15
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Gal 3:21
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Colos 2:14
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Phili 3:9
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law,but that which is through thefaith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Acts 13:39
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
11Cor 3:6
Who also hath made us ableministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
John 1:17
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Just a few to mention.
Please show me one verse that says the law here is the Ten Commandments. The only way to make that case it to add it to God's Word. The New Covenant still has God's law Hebrews 8:10 Jer 31:33 instead of written on stone they are now written in the heart. The New Covenant does not allow for us to sin freely. The law that defines sin is the Ten Commandments even in the NC Romans 7:7 Mat 5:19-30. If we are free to sin, there would have been no need for Jesus great sacrifice and there would be no need for grace if there was no more sin and if there was no need for grace, we would have no need for Jesus in the NC to take away our sins when we repent and if we no longer need Jesus, we would all be lost. Can't you who is behind this false teaching the Ten Commandments ended at the cross 1 John 3:8 certainly not Jesus who taught us to keep God's commandments. I am going to stick with the teachings of Jesus and do what He did as our example to follow as my faith is in Him and He will not lead us off the narrow path.

Law is a generic term, there is no one size fits all for all laws. There are lots of different laws in scripture Neh 9:13 shows not all laws are commandments. The context shows us the law that is being referred to. I already showed this to you through scripture regarding ordinances did you care to comment on the context that was shown to you previously and demonstrate through scripture how something that is contrary and against is the definition for holy and blessed. It's not because its not the same law and context shows us this is we allow the bible to interpret itself, it doesn't need our help.

How does your understanding of the verses you quoted compare to the teachings of Jesus or the apostles. Either Jesus misunderstood the New Covenant or someone else does. Mat 5:19-30 James 2:10-12 Romans 7:7 Mat 19:17-19 Mat 15:3-9 Mark 7:7-8, Luke 4:16, Luke 23:56, Acts 13:42-44, Acts 18:4, 1 John 5:3 John 14:15 Exo 20:6 Rev 14:15 1 John 2:1-7, 1 John 5:3, 1 Cor 7:19 Rev 22:14-15

Scripture shows the Ten Commandments is kept until the Second Coming of Jesus by His faithful followers Rev 14:12. Your argument is not with me, but I would hate to find out when its too late when Jesus comes and say to Him Lord Lord only to be told depart from Me those who practice lawlessness (without law) Mat 7:21-23

Scripture shows clearly the Ten Commandments didn't end at the Cross but are kept by God's faithful until the Second Coming of Jesus Christ!

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers (Breaking commandment #1 Exodus 20:3) and sexually immoral (breaking commandment #7 Exodus 20:14) and murderers (breaking commandment #6 Exodus 20:13) and idolaters (breaking commandment #2 Exodus 20:4-6), and whoever loves and practices a lie (breaking # 9 Exodus 20:16 or any of them 1 John 2:4 James 2:10-12). The commandments are a unit of Ten Exodus 34:28 and James says you break one commandment quoting from the Ten we break them all. James 2:10-12 and breaking the commandments there is no truth in us 1 John 2:4 which is practicing a lie.

Anyway, something I would consider praying about. I would hate to be wrong about our obedience to God Mat 7:21-23 but instead keep the same faith of Jesus who kept the commandments of God and tells us to as well. Mat 15:3-8 Mat 19:17-19 Mat 5:19-30 Mat 15:10 John 14:15 Exo 20:6

Seems like we are getting way off topic, and we will probably have to agree to disagree. I wish you well in seeking Truth to God's Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please show me one verse that says the law here is the Ten Commandments. The only way to make that case it to add it to God's Word. The New Covenant still has God's law Hebrews 8:10 Jer 31:33 instead of written on stone they are now written in the heart. The New Covenant does not allow for us to sin freely. The law that defines sin is the Ten Commandments even in the NC Romans 7:7 Mat 5:19-30. If we are free to sin, there would have been no need for Jesus great sacrifice and there would be no need for grace if there was no more sin and if there was no need for grace, we would have no need for Jesus in the NC to take away our sins when we repent and if we no longer need Jesus, we would all be lost. Can't you who is behind this false teaching the Ten Commandments ended at the cross 1 John 3:8 certainly not Jesus who taught us to keep God's commandments. I am going to stick with the teachings of Jesus and do what He did as our example to follow as my faith is in Him and He will not lead us off the narrow path.

Law is a generic term, there is no one size fits all for all laws. There are lots of different laws in scripture Neh 9:13 shows not all laws are commandments. The context shows us the law that is being referred to. I already showed this to you through scripture regarding ordinances did you care to comment on the context that was shown to you previously and demonstrate through scripture how something that is contrary and against is the definition for holy and blessed. It's not because its not the same law and context shows us this is we allow the bible to interpret itself, it doesn't need our help.

How does your understanding of the verses you quoted compare to the teachings of Jesus or the apostles. Either Jesus misunderstood the New Covenant or someone else does. Mat 5:19-30 James 2:10-12 Romans 7:7 Mat 19:17-19 Mat 15:3-9 Mark 7:7-8, Luke 4:16, Luke 23:56, Acts 13:42-44, Acts 18:4, 1 John 5:3 John 14:15 Exo 20:6 Rev 14:15 1 John 2:1-7, 1 John 5:3, 1 Cor 7:19 Rev 22:14-15

Scripture shows the Ten Commandments is kept until the Second Coming of Jesus by His faithful followers Rev 14:12. Your argument is not with me, but I would hate to find out when its too late when Jesus comes and say to Him Lord Lord only to be told depart from Me those who practice lawlessness (without law) Mat 7:21-23

Scripture shows clearly the Ten Commandments didn't end at the Cross but are kept by God's faithful until the Second Coming of Jesus Christ!

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers (Breaking commandment #1 Exodus 20:3) and sexually immoral (breaking commandment #7 Exodus 20:14) and murderers (breaking commandment #6 Exodus 20:13) and idolaters (breaking commandment #2 Exodus 20:4-6), and whoever loves and practices a lie (breaking # 9 Exodus 20:16 or any of them 1 John 2:4 James 2:10-12). The commandments are a unit of Ten Exodus 34:28 and James says you break one commandment quoting from the Ten we break them all. James 2:10-12 and breaking the commandments there is no truth in us 1 John 2:4 which is practicing a lie.

Anyway, something I would consider praying about. I would hate to be wrong about our obedience to God Mat 7:21-23 but instead keep the same faith of Jesus who kept the commandments of God and tells us to as well. Mat 15:3-8 Mat 19:17-19 Mat 5:19-30 Mat 15:10 John 14:15 Exo 20:6

Seems like we are getting way off topic, and we will probably have to agree to disagree. I wish you well in seeking Truth to God's Word.
I must say you are mistaken. The old covenant under the Old Testament includes all the 613 laws and the 10 Commandments. Jesus brought in the new covenant under the New Testament which abolished the old. The Old Testament laws, to include the 10 commands are righteous laws that those of the Adamic nature could not keep. It’s man that continued to brake the law, which kept us in perpetual sin; and if Jesus had not come to do away with the requirements of the law for us, there would be only condemnation. But because Jesus gave of His body and blood for sin, we are now offered salvation without the keeping of the law.

Here is a very clear scripture that tells us the 10 Commandments have been abolished in Jesus. You have to decide who you will listen to. Those who are teaching you falsehood and denying Christ, or the clear word of the Bible.

Ephesians 2:15 KJV
“Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;”

You cannot understand the New Testament if you ignore all the New Testament scriptures relating to salvation in Christ by going back and quoting from the Old Testament. There is a blindness curse - This is what Apostle Paul says about people who continue to do such a thing: 2 Corinthians 3:14 KJV, “But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.”

The doctrine you uphold denies Jesus. Don’t let those people cause you to loose your salvation!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I must say you are mistaken. The old covenant under the Old Testament included the Ten Commandments. Jesus brought in the new covenant under the New Testament which abolished the old. The Old Testament laws, to include the 10 commands are righteous laws that those of the Adamic nature could not keep. It’s man that continued to brake the law, which kept us in perpetual sin; and if Jesus had not come to do away with the requirements of the law for us, there would be only condemnation. But because Jesus gave of His body and blood for sin, we are now offered salvation without the keeping of the law.

You seem to be arguing with a much greater Authority than I.

This is what Jesus taught...

Mat 5:17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus then proceed to quote directly from the Ten Commandments Mat 5:21-30

So not sure how one would get that we can do the opposite of Jesus warned us about and we can break and teach others to break the least of the commandments.

Jesus again condemns those who keep their rules over the commandments of God, quoting directly from the Ten Commandments goes so far as saying in doing so one worships in vain and their heart is far from Him (opposite of the New Covenant law in our hearts Heb 8:10)

Matthew 15:3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— 6 then he need not honor his father [a]or mother.’ Thus you have made the [b]commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

8 ‘These people [c]draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,

Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

Here is a very clear scripture that tells us the 10 Commandments have been abolished in Jesus. You have to decide who you will listen to. Those who are teaching you falsehood and denying Christ, or the clear word of the Bible.

“Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;”
Where does it say the Ten Commandments? It says ordinances. Which are not the same...

Neh 9:13 “You came down also on Mount Sinai,
And spoke with them from heaven,
And gave them just ordinances and true laws,
Good statutes and commandments.

Who wrote the ordinances? Moses.

Who wrote the Ten Commandments? God did. Exo 31:18 Exo 32:16 you can't argue with a greater Authority, yet it surprises me how many people try to.

You cannot understand the New Testament if you ignore all the New Testament scriptures relating to salvation in Christ by going back and quoting from the Old Testament. There is a blindness curse - This is what Apostle Paul says about people who continue to do such a thing: 2 Corinthians 3:14 KJV, “But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.”

The doctrine you uphold denies Jesus. Don’t let those people cause you to loose your salvation!
Who is ignoring NT scripture. How is following Jesus denying Jesus, but doing the opposite of what Jesus taught and kept doesn't- seems backwards to me something Jesus in His own Words warns about Mat 7:21-23 You must not be reading my posts or reading the scriptures from Jesus and the apostles all teaching us to keep God's commandments. I am going to stick with their teachings and follow the example of Jesus who kept all of the commandments and told us to as well and told us not to break the least of the commandments. It always surprises me people who claim to have faith in Jesus but not His teachings. John 14:15 Mat 5:19-30 James 2:10-12 Romans 7:7 Mat 19:17-19 Mat 15:3-9 Mark 7:7-8, Luke 4:16, Luke 23:56, Acts 13:42-44, Acts 18:4, 1 John 5:3 John 14:15 Exo 20:6 Rev 14:15 1 John 2:1-7, 1 John 5:3, 1 Cor 7:19 Rev 22:14-15

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I must say you are mistaken. The old covenant under the Old Testament includes all the 613 laws and the 10 Commandments. Jesus brought in the new covenant under the New Testament which abolished the old. The Old Testament laws, to include the 10 commands are righteous laws that those of the Adamic nature could not keep. It’s man that continued to brake the law, which kept us in perpetual sin; and if Jesus had not come to do away with the requirements of the law for us, there would be only condemnation. But because Jesus gave of His body and blood for sin, we are now offered salvation without the keeping of the law.

Deu 18:
15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
God the Father knew Man was going to need to be saved in a special way long before the Law existed.
John 15:
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I must say you are mistaken. The old covenant under the Old Testament includes all the 613 laws and the 10 Commandments.
I forgot to respond to this part...

Deut 4:13 So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

What number do you see here? God said there were Ten Commandments in His covenant. I do not see any other number.

After God spoke these commandments He added no more- seems like we should either.

Deut 5: 22 “These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I forgot to respond to this part...

Deut 4:13 So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

What number do you see here? God said there were Ten Commandments in His covenant. I do not see any other number.

After God spoke these commandments He added no more- seems like we should either.

Deut 5: 22 “These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.
The NKJV is different from the KJV.

The Ten Commandments were part of the covenant God made with Israel. This is what the KJV says,
Deuteronomy 4:13 KJV
“And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.”

even ten means they are among other commandments.”

The Bible proves that the 10 commandments were among the other commandments under the Covenant God made with Israel. Look at Exodus 34:10-27 KJV,
10 And he said, Behold, I make a covenant: before all thy people I will do marvels, such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation: and all the people among which thou art shall see the work of the Lord: for it is a terrible thing that I will do with thee.

11 Observe thou that which I command thee this day: behold, I drive out before thee the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite.

12 Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:

13 But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves:

14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: (thou shall have no other gods before me)

15 Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice;

16 And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods.

17 Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.
(no graven images)

18 The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep. Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, as I commanded thee, in the time of the month Abib: for in the month Abib thou camest out from Egypt. (High Holy Day)

19 All that openeth the matrix is mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male.

20 But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.

21 Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest. (Sabbath Day)

22 And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end. (High Holy Days)

23 Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the Lord God, the God of Israel.

24 For I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy borders: neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to appear before the Lord thy God thrice in the year.

25 Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.

26 The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

27 And the Lord said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.

You can see that under the Covenant God made with Israel, there were many commandments, which also included the Ten Commandments. You cannot separate the Ten Commandments from the covenant commandments God made with Israel.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The NKJV is different from the KJV.

The Ten Commandments were part of the covenant God made with Israel. This is what the KJV says,
Deuteronomy 4:13 KJV
“And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.” “even ten means they are among other commandments.”
What? It still says Ten Commandments. Are you claiming God wrote more than Ten Commandments on stone? You would need to make this argument through scripture. Even does not mean more- it originally says the Ten Words, but there is no proof God's Ten Commandments are anything less or more than what He wrote, and He spoke and what He called His covenant and said He added no more Deut 5:22. Jesus calls the commandments of God quoting directly from the Ten God's Word Mark 7:7-13 and we are to be doers of His Word James 1:22
The Bible proves that the 10 commandments were among the other commandments under the Covenant God made with Israel. Look at Exodus 34:10-27 KJV,
10 And he said, Behold, I make a covenant: before all thy people I will do marvels, such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation: and all the people among which thou art shall see the work of the Lord: for it is a terrible thing that I will do with thee.

11 Observe thou that which I command thee this day: behold, I drive out before thee the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite.

12 Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:

13 But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves:

14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: (thou shall have no other gods before me)

15 Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice;

16 And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods.

17 Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.
(no graven images)

18 The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep. Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, as I commanded thee, in the time of the month Abib: for in the month Abib thou camest out from Egypt. (High Holy Day)

19 All that openeth the matrix is mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male.

20 But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.

21 Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest. (Sabbath Day)

22 And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end. (High Holy Days)

23 Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the Lord God, the God of Israel.

24 For I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy borders: neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to appear before the Lord thy God thrice in the year.

25 Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.

26 The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

27 And the Lord said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.

You can see that under the Covenant God made with Israel, there were many commandments, which also included the Ten Commandments. You cannot separate the Ten Commandments from the covenant commandments God made with Israel.

God wrote and spoke the Ten Commandments and you can find those in Exodus 20. Exo 34 is not an exact repeat of the Ten Commandments, they were reviewing other laws in addition to the Ten which changes nothing about the Ten Commandments God wrote on stone and added no more Deut 5:22

The original was found in Exodus 20

20 And God spoke all these words, saying:

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of [a]bondage.
3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor [b]serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting[c] the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
13 “You shall not murder.
14 “You shall not commit adultery.
15 “You shall not steal.
16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

40 years later Moses repeated the Ten Commandments before the Israelites were entering into Canaan....teaching everyone to diligently keep.

Deut 5: 6 ‘I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of [a]bondage.
7 ‘You shall have no other gods [b]before Me.
8 ‘You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 9 you shall not bow[c] down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, [d]visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 10 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and [e]keep My commandments.
11 ‘You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him [f]guiltless who takes His name in vain.
12 ‘Observe the Sabbath day, to [g]keep it holy, as the Lord your God commanded you. 13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your ox, nor your donkey, nor any of your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates, that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you. 15 And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.
16 ‘Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may be well with you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
17 ‘You shall not murder.
18 ‘You shall not commit adultery.
19 ‘You shall not steal.
20 ‘You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
21 ‘You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife; and you shall not desire your neighbor’s house, his field, his male servant, his female servant, his ox, his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.’
22 “These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

Sad how far we have gone in society that people don't even know the Ten Commandments anymore. The same ones Jesus and the apostles all taught from and kept and told us to as they are what define sin Rom 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 and what our salvation is from Mat 1:21 not in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What? It still says Ten Commandments. Are you claiming God wrote more than Ten Commandments on stone?
No, I’m not saying God wrote more than Ten Commandments on stone. I’m not saying God changed the Ten Commandments. What I’m saying is the Ten Commandments God wrote on stone were incorporated into the Covenant, just like all the other commandments under the Covenant.

The Covenant included the Ten Commandments, the holy days, the cleanliness laws, the dietary laws, the temple ordinances, the sacrificial laws, the worship laws, the laws around strangers, the cultivation laws, the allotment of land, the firstborn laws, etc.

If you notice, after Moses broke the first set of commandments on stone, God re- wrote them on the stones Moses brought up, Exodus 34:1 KJV, Exodus 34:4 KJV. While Moses was still on the Mount, God made a Covenant with Israel and relayed to Moses (Mediator between God and Israel) what was required, and included the Ten Commandments under that Covenant, Exodus 34:14 KJV, Exodus 34:17 KJV, Exodus 34:21 KJV. It was after God spoke what was required under the covenant, that afterwards He told Moses to write the words He spoke regarding the covenant. He said
Exodus 34:27 KJV
And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
Again what was included in the Covenant were commands also from the Ten Commandments. It’s clear that God joined them, Exodus 34:14 KJV, Exodus 34:17 KJV, Exodus 34:21 KJV.

After Moses came down from the Mount, he told the people all that God commanded them,
Exodus 34:32 KJV
“And afterward all the children of Israel came nigh: and he gave them in commandment all that the LORD had spoken with him in mount Sinai.”

So do you believe Moses separated the Ten Commandments from the covenant? He could not have done that. All the commands were given at the same time, that is, during the 40 days Moses was on the Mount.The Ten Commandments were written on stone, and the other commandments were to be written by Moses the mediator - all were part of the Covenant God made with Israel. There is no separation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No, I’m not saying God wrote more than Ten Commandments on stone. I’m not saying God changed the Ten Commandments. What I’m saying is the Ten Commandments God wrote on stone were incorporated into the Covenant, just like all the other commandments under the Covenant.

The Covenant included the Ten Commandments, the holy days, the cleanliness laws, the dietary laws, the temple ordinances, the sacrificial laws, the worship laws, the laws around strangers, the cultivation laws, the allotment of land, the firstborn laws, etc.

If you notice, after Moses broke the first set of commandments on stone, God re- wrote them on the stones Moses brought up, Exodus 34:1 KJV, Exodus 34:4 KJV. While Moses was still on the Mount, God made a Covenant with Israel and relayed to Moses (Mediator between God and Israel) what was required, and included the Ten Commandments under that Covenant, Exodus 34:14 KJV, Exodus 34:17 KJV, Exodus 34:21 KJV. It was after God spoke what was required under the covenant, that afterwards He told Moses to write the words He spoke regarding the covenant. He said
Exodus 34:27 KJV
And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
Again what was included in the Covenant were commands also from the Ten Commandments. It’s clear that God joined them, Exodus 34:14 KJV, Exodus 34:17 KJV, Exodus 34:21 KJV.

After Moses came down from the Mount, he told the people all that God commanded them,
Exodus 34:32 KJV
“And afterward all the children of Israel came nigh: and he gave them in commandment all that the LORD had spoken with him in mount Sinai.”

So do you believe Moses separated the Ten Commandments from the covenant? He could not have done that. All the commands were given at the same time, that is, during the 40 days Moses was on the Mount.The Ten Commandments were written on stone, and the other commandments were to be written by Moses the mediator - all were part of the Covenant God made with Israel. There is no separation.
Not according to God so forgive me if I choose to trust His Word over anyone else. The Ten Commandments and the law of Moses are two separate covenants.

God makes this clear what is in His covenant... He even gave it a number so man wouldn't add more to it or subtract from it, which we are told not to do Deut 4:2 This is the writing of God, which no one is above, so my trust is in Him that He knows what He is doing.

Exo 34:28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

Right in the unit of Ten God identified these commandments as My commandments Exo 20:6 i.e. the commandments of God, not the commandments of Moses

Deut 5:22 “These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

This alone shows what God included in His covenant the Ten Commandments. God wrote Ten Commandments and added no more- should we try to add more to what God didn't? We are told not to Deut 4:2

The Ten Commandments didn't start at Mt Sinai, this is God's eternal law that defines sin in all ages. It's the only law in the entire bible that scripture points to define sin. Romans 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 and what we will be judged by James 2:10-12 Ecc 12:13-14 Mat 5:19-30 Where there is no law, there is no transgression Romans 4:15 therefore God's holy law is in heaven because Lucifer sinned 1 John 3:8 and we serve a just and righteous God who is not going to judge us based on something we don't know. We don't need to guess it's in heaven because we are told it's there Rev 11:19 and what the earthy temple was patterned after Heb 8:1-5 Cain knew it was a sin to murder Abel therefore He knew of the Ten Commandments because where there is no law there is no transgression, Romans 4:15 breaking one you break all James 2:10-12 as they are a unit of Ten.

Sin is what separated man from God Isa 59:2 and its not wise to follow the same path of disobedience and think one will receive a different result. God changes not. Hebrews 13:8 neither does His Truth Psa 119:151 or righteousness Psa 119:172 The devil has been going to war with God's law for a very long time and he has deceived the majority of people to believe that we don't need God's law nor do we have to keep it, but sadly this is leading people down the wrong path. Rev 22:14-15 which is why there will only be a remnant in the last days who keep the commandments of God that the devil goes to war with Rev 12:17 we can choose which side of the controversy we want to be on. There are only two choices. With God or against. Matthew 12:30 God's people keep God's commandments and the faith of Jesus Rev 14:12

The law of Moses was the prescription given because of sin (breaking God's law). The law of Moses was written by Moses on paper in a book Deu 31:24 and was placed outside the ark of the covenant and served as a witness against for breaking what was inside God's holy law Deut 31:26. It contained the curses for breaking God's holy law. Deuteronomy 28:15-68 Deut 21:29 It contained the ordinances 2 Chronicles 33:8 that later ended at the cross Col 2:14-17 KJV Eph 2:15 not God's holy and eternal commandments.

The Ten Commandments, that God identifies as My commandments Exo 20:6 was written by God alone Exo 31:18 Exo 32:16 on stone for its eternal nature, that defines sin Rom 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 and what we will all be judged by James 2:10-12 Mat 5:19-30 Ecc 12:13-14 which is why it sits under God's mercy seat and is in the Most Holy of God's Temple also revealed in heaven Re 11:19 Heb 8:1-5

The Ten Commandments just shows us our sin Romans 3:20 and it shows us our need for Jesus so we can go to Him when we are sorry and repent and for sanctification because we are not saved in sin, we are saved from sin Mat 1:21 and why the devil has been working through churches to teach billions of people that we don't need God's law and in doing so we can't prosper because covering our sins, we won't seek Jesus for repentance and therefore can't receive His mercy and grace. Pro 28:13

Which is why Jesus teaches in clear Words said when we follow our rules over the commandments of God quoting again directly from the Ten, we worship in vain and our hearts are far from Him (opposite of the NC Heb 8:10) and both teacher and student end up in a ditch, which means off the narrow path. Matthew 15. Jesus predicted most people would stay on the wide path Mat 7:13-14 and many who call themselves believers Jesus will say depart from Me, those who do not do God's will and practice lawlessness Mat 7:21-23 and Revelation 22:14-15 clearly shows which law, the Ten Commandments breaking one you break them all James 2:10-12 but God's faithful keep His commandments through love and faith 1 John 5:3 Rom 3:31 Rev 14:12 until the very end, even though scripture shows sadly, it's just a remnant. It always surprises me people argume against the Ten like its okay to break them and worship other gods vain His holy name, break His holy Sabbath day, bow to idols, covet, steal, lie and in doing these things shows faith to our Savior who asks for so little. John 14:15 Exo 20:6 We are not saved by keeping His commandments, it is consequence of our faith and love to Jesus. We are saved by Jesus through faith, it is His gift to give and so few people accept this free gift.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not according to God so forgive me if I choose to trust His Word over anyone else. The Ten Commandments and the law of Moses are two separate covenants.
There were not two covenants made with Israel. Moses did not give any laws. They were God’s laws relayed to Moses to give to Israel.

The scriptures below should explain.

The first mention of God’s Covenant with Israel is just after Israel left Egypt and arrived at the wilderness of Sinai and pitched a camp near the Mount. God spoke to Moses and relayed what He wanted Moses to tell Israel.

Exodus 19:1-5 KJV
1 In the third month, when the children of Israel were gone forth out of the land of Egypt, the same day came they into the wilderness of Sinai.
2 For they were departed from Rephidim, and were come to the desert of Sinai, and had pitched in the wilderness; and there Israel camped before the mount.
3 And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6. And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Later Moses spoke to the elders about God’s Covenant and what God commanded, which the people agreed to the terms. Then Moses took their words back to God. So, at this point was the establishment of God’s Covenant with Israel. There had to be an agreement. Just like a contract between two people.

Exodus 19:7-8 KJV
7 And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
8 And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

After Moses returned the words of the people to the Lord, God decided He would speak to Moses in a thick cloud so the people will hear Him speaking to Moses and they will believe him.

Therefore God told Moses to sanctify the people and on the third day He will come down in the sight of all the people.

Exodus 19:9-11 KJV
9 And the LORD said unto Moses, Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with thee, and believe thee for ever. And Moses told the words of the people unto the LORD.
10 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go unto the people, and sanctify them to day and to morrow, and let them wash their clothes,
11 And be ready against the third day: for the third day the LORD will come down in the sight of all the people upon mount Sinai.

Exodus 19:16-19 KJV
16 And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.
17 And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount.
18 And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.
19 And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder, Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice.

So at this point, the covenant had already been established in Exodus 19:5 KJV, and Exodus 19:8 KJV. It was after the Covenant had been established that God spoke to the people, and gave the ten commandments to Israel under the Covenant that had been established.

The priest and the people could not come up to the Mount unless they would be killed. Only Moses and Aaron was allowed. So Moses went down and relayed the word of God to the people.

The first mention of the Ten Commandments was after the establishment of the Covenant relayed to the people by Moses from God.

Exodus 19:25 KJV
So Moses went down unto the people, and spake unto them.

Exodus 20:1-17 KJV
1 And God spake all these words, saying,
2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
13 Thou shalt not kill.
14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15 Thou shalt not steal.
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

So as you can see God was on the Mount speaking with Moses before the people in a cloud of smoke relaying the Ten Commandments to the people. The people were afraid and asked Moses to only speak with them.

Exodus 20:18-20 KJV
18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.
19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.
20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

After God gave the Ten Commandments to Moses under a thick cloud, He continued to speak to Moses and gave more commandments while the people stood afar off.

Exodus 20:21-22 KJV
21 And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.
22 And the LORD said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.

Exodus 20:23-26 KJV
23 Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold.
24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.
25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.
26 Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon.

Here are all the rest of the commands and laws God spoke to Israel while they stood near the Mount. Exodus 21:1-36 KJV, Exodus 22:1-31 KJV, Exodus 23:1-33 KJV.

Afterwards, the people agreed to the commands and laws of the Covenant - the Covenant they had already agreed to in Exodus 19:8 KJV

Exodus 24:3 KJV
And Moses came and told the people all the words of the LORD, and all the judgments: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the LORD hath said will we do.

It was after Moses spoke the words of God to the people, that he wrote all the words of the Lord.

You should now be able to see that God established the Covenant with Israel first. Then under the already established Covenant He gave the Ten Commandments and the other commandments and laws. All under one covenant, which is the old covenant that was done away with in Christ. We are under a new covenant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akjv
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There were not two covenant made with Israel. Moses did not give any laws. They were God’s laws relayed to Moses to give to Israel.

The scriptures below should explain.
Scripture demonstrated clearly what entailed in the covenant of the Ten Commandments that He said no more was added, how can more be added when He said there wasn't. Do we know better than He?

You must not have read the scriptures posted otherwise I think you would have understood through scripture that the law of God i.e. Ten Commandments that God wrote, and God spoke that are placed inside the ark of the covenant is not the same covenant as the law of Moses that was handwritten by Moses placed outside the ark and served a completely different purpose. This alone clearly shows they are not the same covenant yet alone God's clear Word Deut 4:13, Exo 34:28 Deut 5:22 Man is not equal to God, God writing on stone is not the same as Moses writing on paper. God loves us so much He didn't leave it up to man to write His holy commandments so we would clearly know what sin is and what we will be judged by even in the NC James 2:10-12 Rom 7:7 May 5:19-30 All the law does is show us our sin and our need for Jesus for His forgiveness, sanctification mercy and grace. The dangerous place to be is covering our sins Pro 28:13 which is exactly what the other spirit wants us to do which is why he goes to war with God's commandment keeping people Rev 12:17 and doesn't want us sharing how we are saved, from sin, not in sin Mat 1:21
The first mention of God’s Covenant with Israel is just after Israel left Egypt and arrived at the wilderness of Sinai and pitched a camp near the Mount. God spoke to Moses and relayed what He wanted Moses to tell Israel.
xodus 19:1-5 KJV
1 In the third month, when the children of Israel were gone forth out of the land of Egypt, the same day came they into the wilderness of Sinai.
2 For they were departed from Rephidim, and were come to the desert of Sinai, and had pitched in the wilderness; and there Israel camped before the mount.
3 And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6. And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Later Moses spoke to the elders about God’s Covenant and what God commanded, which the people agreed to the terms. Then Moses took their words back to God. So, at this point was the establishment of God’s Covenant with Israel. There had to be an agreement. Just like a contract between two people.

Exodus 19:7-8 KJV
7 And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
8 And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

After Moses returned the words of the people to the Lord, God decided He would speak to Moses in a thick cloud so the people will hear Him speaking to Moses and they will believe him.

Therefore God told Moses to sanctify the people and on the third day He will come down in the sight of all the people.

Exodus 19:9-11 KJV
9 And the LORD said unto Moses, Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with thee, and believe thee for ever. And Moses told the words of the people unto the LORD.
10 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go unto the people, and sanctify them to day and to morrow, and let them wash their clothes,
11 And be ready against the third day: for the third day the LORD will come down in the sight of all the people upon mount Sinai.

Exodus 19:16-19 KJV
16 And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.
17 And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount.
18 And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.
19 And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder, Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice.

So at this point, the covenant had already been established in Exodus 19:5 KJV, and Exodus 19:8 KJV. It was after the Covenant had been established that God spoke to the people, and gave the ten commandments to Israel under the Covenant that had been established.

The priest and the people could not come up to the Mount unless they would be killed. Only Moses and Aaron was allowed. So Moses went down and relayed the word of God to the people.
This is where perhaps you misunderstand. A covenant just means an agreement, God made lots of covenant with different people but has always had one main covenant which is His law that defines sin and what man will be judged by. We are to be in a covenant relationship with God. The Ten Commandments is what defines sin Romans 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 and sin is what separated man from God. Isa 59:2

Sin started in heaven therefore the devil broke God's law in heaven- as there is no transgression without law Romans 4:15 We know God's law is in heaven as we do not need to guess Rev 11:19 Heb 8:1-5 as it is what defines sin and what we will be judged by. Romans 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 James 2:10-12 Adam and Eve sinned, meaning they broke God's law 1 John 3:4 because without law there is no sin Romans 4:15 which is why Cain knew it was a sin to kill Abel, because he was given God's law.

God made individual covenants with people prior to Israel which is why Abraham kept God's commandments Gen 26:5 meaning God gave Him His law and He knew it and faithfully kept it.

With Israel God did something different He spoke His covenant law to the Nation of Israel which represent His people both literally and metaphorically. Did the Nation of Israel have the law before it was formally written on stone? Yes as scripture clearly shows.
Exo 16:23-29. In addition to the Ten Commandments- God spoke to Moses who wrote down in a book the law of Moses, which was the prescription for sin for breaking God's law inside the ark. The law of Moses was placed outside the ark, not inside like the Ten Commandments and contained the other ordinances statues, judgements and other laws.

The first mention of the Ten Commandments was after the establishment of the Covenant relayed to the people by Moses from God.

Exodus 19:25 KJV
So Moses went down unto the people, and spake unto them.

Exodus 20:1-17 KJV
1 And God spake all these words, saying,
2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
13 Thou shalt not kill.
14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15 Thou shalt not steal.
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

So as you can see God was on the Mount speak with Moses before the people in a cloud of smoke relaying the Ten Commandments to the people. The people were afraid and asked Moses to only speak with them.

Exodus 20:18-20
18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.
19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.
20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

After God gave the Ten Commandments to Moses under a thick cloud, He continued to speak to Moses and gave more commandments while the people stood afar off.

Exodus 20:21-22 KJV
21 And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.
22 And the LORD said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.

Exodus 20:23-26 KJV
23 Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold.
24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.
25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.
26 Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon.

Here are all the rest of the commands and laws God spoke to Israel while they stood near the Mount. Exodus 21:1-36 KJV, Exodus 22:1-31 KJV, Exodus 23:1-33 KJV.

Afterwards, the people agreed to the commands and laws of the Covenant - the Covenant they had already agreed to in Exodus 19:8 KJV

Exodus 24:3 KJV
And Moses came and told the people all the words of the LORD, and all the judgments: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the LORD hath said will we do.

It was after Moses spoke the words of God to the people, that he wrote all the words of the Lord.

You should now be able to see that God established the Covenant with Israel first. Then under the already established Covenant He gave the Ten Commandments and the other commandments and laws. All under one covenant.
Not according to God's own Words, which as I stated previously, I trust over any teachings of man. God could not have made it any more clearer- you keep thinking a covenant only means the Ten Commandments, but it simply means an agreement. God spelled out His covenant of the Ten Commandments literally Exo 31:18 Exo 32: 16 and NO MORE was added.

God makes this clear what is in His covenant... He even gave it a number so man wouldn't add more to it or subtract from it, which we are told not to do Deut 4:2 This is the writing of God, which no one is above, so my trust is in Him that He knows what He is doing.

Exo 34:28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

Right in the unit of Ten God identified these commandments as My commandments Exo 20:6 i.e. the commandments of God, not the commandments of Moses

Deut 5:22 “These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

I pray this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you keep thinking a covenant only means the Ten Commandments, but it simply means an agreement.
You have not paid attention. I’m clear that a covenant does not mean just the Ten Commandments.

I will say it again. God made a covenant with Israel. Under that covenant were laws. Those laws under the covenant included the Ten Commandments and many, many other laws. It was the covenant laws that Israel broke, thereby breaking the covenant.

This covenant, which included the Ten Commandments, was nailed to the cross.

We are under a new covenant that does not involve the Ten Commandments - they were nailed to the cross.

Now, under the New Testament/NewCovenant the greatest of the commandments is Love.

Upvote 0