USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet in the same post, when it comes to me simply quoting the OP, you claim to know of dishonest intentions on my part and judge me accordingly

Can i give you a little lesson on punctuation? When someone puts a few words in between commas in the same sentence, the words in between the commas can be, essentially, eliminated without changing the meaning of the sentence.

Therefore the quote of mine that you use to imply I judged you :
the OP did give us more info, which you conveniently left out, to sway our opinion

Could be written as such : "the OP did give us more info to sway our opinion"

I thought this was an obvious use of the comma. It seems that you are not writing to to reason together....to yet us just end it here.....as you suggested earlier.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can i give you a little lesson on punctuation? When someone puts a few words in between commas in the same sentence, the words in between the commas can be, essentially, eliminated without changing the meaning of the sentence.

Therefore the quote of mine that you use to imply I judged you :

Could be written as such : "the OP did give us more info to sway our opinion"

I thought this was an obvious use of the comma. It seems that you are not writing to to reason together....to yet us just end it here.....as you suggested earlier.
I couldn't help but notice that, in all your condescending retort regarding grammar and punctuation, you failed to address the actual topic. I think that speaks for itself. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Is this not feeding the hungry, clothing the naked or visiting the sick and imprisoned Christians

No, we should not be seeding anyone's wallet with our offerings. Rather, as you can, give a homeless person a meal, buy pants for someone that is walking around in threadbare jogging pants and is looking like he hasn't eaten in three days.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟231,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which part do you feel is unbiblical?

The fraudulent part.

God can give you health?

And by "you", you mean the pastor in question...

God can give you wealth?

You mean have god have you give it to the pastor in question....

I just find it weird that the health/wealth pastors need other people to give them money. I thought God was supposed to do it?

Is there something they say God will do that you feel He can't?

I don't think God can participate in a fraud.

The OP is asking us to make a judgement base solely on the finances and material possession of someone preaching.

It's a judgment based on behavior, what's being bought and what's being sold - which is normal. If I see someone reaping financial windfall from "the gospel" I can only conclude that "the gospel" is really just good news for the one reaping financial windfalls. The fraudulent part comes because they're benefiting at the expense of "gospel" donations.

On your view, identifying fraud is impossible because you can't make a judgment based on behavior.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just find it weird that the health/wealth pastors need other people to give them money. I thought God was supposed to do it?
Apparently when Jesus told the rich man “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (Matthew 19:21) what he really meant was “Go take up a collection from the poor and and build me an air conditioned dog house and roller coasters for my theme park (Jim Bakker). And when the early followers “sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need” (Acts 2:45) what God really wanted them to do was take from the poor so they could build a private airstrip for their $17.5m jet (Kenneth Copeland) and a $10.5m mansion so they could live their best lives now (Joel Osteen).

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only those blinded by the riches of this world can see only Money and material possessions in the commands "sell your possessions" and "Sold property and possessions." The same ones that say "you cant buy salvation" and "salvation is free" are the same one who look down on others who they feel dont give their money and material possessions away.

Once we get our minds off the riches of the world......we will understand that God owns the world and everything in it...He gives and takes away from whom He wills. There is only one thing we have temporary power over....and this is what we must sell to find life....The treasure hidden in the field which, once found, one gladly sells all He has for....

Upvote 0

brocke

Supreme Ruler of Universe
Mar 13, 2014
Illinois
✟12,410.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
John 12:9 says Judas stole from the money bag the disciples shared together. This problem can be found in churches and ministries that pull in huge funds - multi-millions; and it can be found in small churches with little funds. The problem is in the church we want to operate by faith, but we don't understand how operating with good fiscal business practices and accountability equates with operating by faith in God to trust God will take care of it all. I see this as a problem through out Christianity. We need to learn how to manage God's finances as a people and humble ourselves as leaders to true accountability.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes.
It is a sin to not trust Yahweh for each and every need, even just ONE DOLLAR/ A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER.....

Preaching for "filthy lucre" is always a sin.
Let's flip it, is it a sin to decline an invitation to preach because you won't get paid?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it a sin to preach in order to become super rich? One televangelist is worth about 760 million dollars. He has a large 18,000 sq ft mansion, square miles of land, a private airport and jet planes. Preachers have amassed fortunes encouraging poor people to contribute all they could. Is this not feeding the hungry, clothing the naked or visiting the sick and imprisoned Christians (Matthew 25:31-46)?

15 richest preachers list:
https://www.etinside.com/?p=539
1. If they are legit, they already got all the reward they can expect.
2. The Bible says there would come a time when they would use believers for commercial purposes (make money.)

Upvote 0