Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I would like to ask humbly for the prayers of the people of this forum for my father, John, who is very ill. We are supposed to go to see his doctor on Wednesday, but judging from how he has been for the past week, I'm not sure he'll be in the necessary condition to even leave his house by that time. He has been sick for a few years now, and I worry that his time may be short if we do not see improvement.

Lord have mercy !

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Prayers for you and your family!
Many thanks for the prayers and encouragements :) PhD preparation has been a blessing and I've been blessed working with others who operated during the Civil Rights era of the 60s/70s. There are some massive projects coming up (in regards to my work in academia and with others in places like the Smithsonian Museum of the African-American and the American Indian) doing lectures/traveling and I am asking for much prayer for the doors meant to be open...and the courage to walk through them.

There is a job application I am praying on, for if it goes through, I'll be moving to Arizona. I am still wondering what to do with all the other projects I've been involved in and seeing how it comes together. In in all (since my work centers on racial reconciliation and movements in Church history dealing with Church coalitions across cultures), it has been intense many times - especially when sharing on Christ to others who don't understand him in the Secular/Humanistic world we live in. However, I am very Thankful for the Courage of others who've gone before me in not isolating because the world they lived in may have had different battles.

I am reminded of the documentary "Iakovos: A Legacy" (
) - BRILLIANT presentation on the reasons why he supported the work of MLK (just as I've been blessed to work with others who worked with him) and remembering how human rights bring people together from so many experiences. You never simply walk into movements - you walk into them carrying the bag of experiences you had before stepping into things. And everyone has a different point of departure/entry for moments in time.

With the background I've grown in, I've been inspired by the work of others like Dn. Paul Abernathy ( who works with St. Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary ) - I've been able to have many amazing conversations with people, especially on the experiences others have had being Black within Orthodox experience, like Fr. Moses Berry and others with the Brotherhood of St. Moses the Black have said. But I am really praying for strength and courage. There have been moments I was severely discouraged - and outright attacked. Others whom I'm good friends with outside of CF/Taw and talk on phone with (such as Dorothea and IrishOrthodox and Thekla ) are more aware of the many things that have come against me - but I figured I'd share here for anyone wanting to pray.

Prayers appreciated. Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for sharing. Prayers for you.

Many thanks for the prayers and encouragements :) PhD preparation has been a blessing and I've been blessed working with others who operated during the Civil Rights era of the 60s/70s. There are some massive projects coming up (in regards to my work in academia and with others in places like the Smithsonian Museum of the African-American and the American Indian) doing lectures/traveling and I am asking for much prayer for the doors meant to be open...and the courage to walk through them.

There is a job application I am praying on, for if it goes through, I'll be moving to Arizona. I am still wondering what to do with all the other projects I've been involved in and seeing how it comes together. In in all (since my work centers on racial reconciliation and movements in Church history dealing with Church coalitions across cultures), it has been intense many times - especially when sharing on Christ to others who don't understand him in the Secular/Humanistic world we live in. However, I am very Thankful for the Courage of others who've gone before me in not isolating because the world they lived in may have had different battles.

I am reminded of the documentary "Iakovos: A Legacy" (
) - BRILLIANT presentation on the reasons why he supported the work of MLK (just as I've been blessed to work with others who worked with him) and remembering how human rights bring people together from so many experiences. You never simply walk into movements - you walk into them carrying the bag of experiences you had before stepping into things. And everyone has a different point of departure/entry for moments in time.

With the background I've grown in, I've been inspired by the work of others like Dn. Paul Abernathy ( who works with St. Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary ) - I've been able to have many amazing conversations with people, especially on the experiences others have had being Black within Orthodox experience, like Fr. Moses Berry and others with the Brotherhood of St. Moses the Black have said. But I am really praying for strength and courage. There have been moments I was severely discouraged - and outright attacked. Others whom I'm good friends with outside of CF/Taw and talk on phone with (such as Dorothea and IrishOrthodox and Thekla ) are more aware of the many things that have come against me - but I figured I'd share here for anyone wanting to pray.

Prayers appreciated. Blessings

• Prayers
Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...
Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟28,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
So i know this might seem mundane, but I may have to put down my beloved cat Oodie today. She got me through the worst of my schizophrenia and is just as attached to me as I am to her. I truly believe God sent her to me to get me through my illness. She always seemed to know when I wasn't doing well or needed a companion. Anyway, I don't mean to write a book about her, so just please pray. I'm devastated.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So i know this might seem mundane, but I may have to put down my beloved cat Oodie today. She got me through the worst of my schizophrenia and is just as attached to me as I am to her. I truly believe God sent her to me to get me through my illness. She always seemed to know when I wasn't doing well or needed a companion. Anyway, I don't mean to write a book about her, so just please pray. I'm devastated.
Oh, not at all mundane. I am so sorry!

I understand - I have a cat too that has seen me through some of the most terrible times. She's like a little shadow, always right beside me. I do believe God sent her to me as well. I sometimes worry how I'll manage ...

But that is a terrible thing to have to face. I have prayed for her, and for you. Lord have mercy!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Lord have mercy!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...
Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟28,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, I said goodbye to Oodie on Monday. She had advanced intestinal cancer. God put her in my life just long enough to get me through my schizophrenia, and now that I'm doing okay and have a good job, He called her back. I guess all I can do is be grateful He gave her to me at all. Thanks for all the prayers.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, I said goodbye to Oodie on Monday. She had advanced intestinal cancer. God put her in my life just long enough to get me through my schizophrenia, and now that I'm doing okay and have a good job, He called her back. I guess all I can do is be grateful He gave her to me at all. Thanks for all the prayers.
Oh, I'm sorry.

You and she have been in my prayers.

Thank God He sent her to you when you needed her. And thank God you are back in the Church.

Prayers.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

sorry to hear it, continued prayers!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for everyone in the last two pages here (because I read those).

If you would, please pray for me in general. However, my current main request is regarding a potential day shift position on my unit. There is one other person going for the position that has more experience than I do but is unenthusiastic about the prospect and may choose to stay on nights if she doesn't like her trial run. For me, it would be ideal to transition into days on my unit. However, if that doesn't work out, I've been thinking about applying for a position in the dialysis unit. Either way, please pray that this works out or that something else comes along.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

If you would, please pray for me in general. However, my current main request is regarding a potential day shift position on my unit. There is one other person going for the position that has more experience than I do but is unenthusiastic about the prospect and may choose to stay on nights if she doesn't like her trial run. For me, it would be ideal to transition into days on my unit. However, if that doesn't work out, I've been thinking about applying for a position in the dialysis unit. Either way, please pray that this works out or that something else comes along.

Lord have mercy!

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
prayer request for the nun, Theophano. she has cancer.
Lord have mercy!

And prayers for you!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I want to ask prayers for a dear lady in our parish who just reposed. And for her husband, he is an attentive husband and has been caring for her and I suspect he is keenly feeling her loss.

Agnes was a member of our choir, and a very feisty and outspoken lady with a wonderful sense of humor. She made me smile so many times during coffee hour, and was very kind to check on me concerning my medical issues. She had surgery last year and was recovering well, then they found she had cancer. I thought she was doing well in treatment, though she hasn't been in Church recently. To be notified that she reposed ... is a shock to me.

Lord have mercy. The Trisagion is in a few hours. I can't believe it yet myself.

May her memory be eternal.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

RaphaCam

Netodoxy below the Equator
Mar 23, 2016
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
✟8,082.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Please pray for me, I'm going for a trip in a dangerous city through a difficult road. Also for the repose of Vanessa and the welfare of Hegumen Pedro, Marina, Maria and Amanda, while we're at it.

Lord have mercy.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for me, I'm going for a trip in a dangerous city through a difficult road. Also for the repose of Vanessa and the welfare of Hegumen Pedro, Marina, Maria and Amanda, while we're at it.

Lord have mercy.
Prayers for all!

• Prayers
Upvote 0