Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Been following Dr John Campbell since March of last year, and now well, this is sobering news that he's been reading from, from his sources that with so many refusing to get vaccinated, that we'll continue in this cycle of variants and many hospitalizations that we are bound to get it.

That it's important to still important to get vaccinated that although there's now like a 50% chance of infection there's still 90% + that will be saved from severe disease and hospitalization. And that the unvaccinated will be doomed to near death or...death if they get infected with variants

That due to peoples' unwilling to be vaccinated, they are just perpetuating all this as this could have been prevented when vaccines came out....and herd immunity will never be achieved at THIS rate.

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And that the unvaccinated will be doomed to near death or...death if they get infected with variants
According to what I get from mainstream reporting and Net articles, there are various people who have gotten infected and they never have shown symptoms, plus ones have had mild cases.

So, not all unvaccinated people are doomed like you say.

Also, if someone has taken care of oneself, it is possible he or she will be less likely to suffer much from COVID-19. Because ones most at risk include people who have abused their health for a long time.

I am now told, though, that even young children have been killed by COVID-19. I am curious if they tend to be ones who already have health issues, or not. And were those health issues ones which could have been prevented?

In any case, this can be encouraging, how we can help ourselves by doing what is right for ourselves, so this COVID thing . . . could . . . be less of a risk.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Been following Dr John Campbell since March of last year, and now well, this is sobering news that he's been reading from, from his sources that with so many refusing to get vaccinated, that we'll continue in this cycle of variants and many hospitalizations that we are bound to get it.

That it's important to still important to get vaccinated that although there's now like a 50% chance of infection there's still 90% + that will be saved from severe disease and hospitalization. And that the unvaccinated will be doomed to near death or...death if they get infected with variants

That due to peoples' unwilling to be vaccinated, they are just perpetuating all this as this could have been prevented when vaccines came out....and herd immunity will never be achieved at THIS rate.

Well, only some of the unvaccinated will die, but 1 in 100 or 1 in 200 for example adds up to a lot of dead people.

Another bigger risk, for many is Long Covid, which is estimated to be affecting as many as 1 in 10 or more!

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My quick calculation shows that very roughly on the order of about ~1 in 200 that got Covid before Delta died in the U.S. A death rate of about 1/2 of 1% before Delta came.

There were from February 2020 through May 2021 about ~120 million total infections with Covid, pretty much all variants before Delta.
Cases, Data, and Surveillance

And about ~600,000 roughly (or more) had died during that time of those previous variants.

So, that's roughly about 1 in 200.

But Delta is now by early studies thought to be more severe:

• Some data suggest the Delta variant might cause more severe illness than previous variants in unvaccinated people. In two different studies from Canada and Scotland, patients infected with the Delta variant were more likely to be hospitalized than patients infected with Alpha or the original virus that causes COVID-19. Even so, the vast majority of hospitalization and death caused by COVID-19 are in unvaccinated people.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

So, the Delta death rate seems it could be higher than 1 in 200 then, though possibly treatments in hospitals might abate that, and it might not end up killing more, so long as hospitals don't get overwhelmed too widely.... We will have to wait longer to find out if we can hold the death rate for Delta down, or not.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also, if someone has taken care of oneself, it is possible he or she will be less likely to suffer much from COVID-19. Because ones most at risk include people who have abused their health for a long time.

Thing is, this thing is random. There had been many account of personal trainers than can barely walk a few steps without getting winded. If they don't die, their quality of life is ruined should they ever survive.

You're rolling the dice and taking your chances....are you willing to risk it and NOT be the ones who made it unscathed?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There had been many account of personal trainers than can barely walk a few steps without getting winded.
I heard how certain marathon runners can push their bodies to the limit, in training. And they can do this, I mean, with risk of pushing themselves too much and destroying their bodies.

So-o-o . . . I am guessing someone who is into fitness could be pushing oneself near a limit, and/or could be stressing oneself. And stress is an immune system risk factor, and overdone training might compromise a person.

So, though, I agree with you saying don't take chances. But I am saying I do not know how much each younger individual could be doing things which risk the person more than others of the same age, in case of a COVID infection.

But I do not know; I'm only considering things I have heard, as general things.

It seems vaccines can be a risk, too. But I have been getting shots, all along, and I have been apparently all right, at age 74 . . . now. But . . . :) I'm a human; so I'm not assumin'.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems vaccines can be a risk, too.
The risks of the same kinds of symptoms/problems from getting the virus is far higher than the vaccine risk for those problems.

Examples:

Which would you rather have: muscle fatigue or permanent lung damage?

Would you prefer mild, short-term inflammation around the heart or severe damage to that organ that could lead to heart failure?

Would you rather have moderate pain in your upper arm for a few days or increase the possibility of developing Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer’s disease?

These are just a few examples of the stark contrast between the side effects of COVID-19 vaccines and developing the disease itself.

While the vaccines’ side effects are mild and short, the damage caused by COVID-19 can be long lasting and even fatal.
Vaccine Side Effects vs. COVID-19 Damage

Our duty as believers (not all are believers in reality (in their heart), but many of us are) is to help people on the physical level also, Christ instructs us in the Good Samaritan parable. One kind of help (only one of many kinds) is to give people good information that could save them or their families from severe physical suffering (or even death), as a significant portion that get Delta will have.

1 in 10 or more suffer symptoms for months (not a week or 2, months).

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were not watching Dr. Campbell as "fear inappropriate content", right?

@spiritfilledjm
@bluegot
@sandman
@Jesus is my Superhero

Dr. Campbell is not a fear inappropriate content speaker, and suggesting he is a fear spreader is basically a slander (a false accusation).

Slander/false witness isn't a trivial thing -- if unrepented from it would keep people from being able to enter heaven: 1 Corinthians 6:10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were not watching Dr. Campbell as "fear inappropriate content", right?

@spiritfilledjm
@bluegot
@sandman
@Jesus is my Superhero

Dr. Campbell is not a fear inappropriate content speaker, and suggesting he is a fear spreader is basically a slander (a false accusation).

Slander/false witness isn't a trivial thing -- if unrepented from it would keep people from being able to enter heaven: 1 Corinthians 6:10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Never heard of the guy.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Never heard of the guy.

Ok, since he's the guy in the OP post (post #1), then I take it you didn't watch any of the OP post video (which is from the calm and well informed Dr. Campbell, who doesn't spread fear. Actually the video shows Dr. Campbell being calm and reassuring and helpful about how everyone will eventually get the virus, and how to improve your odds of doing fine, including at times in the past such as by taking vitamin D (and in this video also I noticed), but also by getting the proven safe vaccines.)

When you clicked "agree" with post #2, what were you agreeing about precisely then?

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, since he's the guy in the OP post (post #1), then I take it you didn't watch any of the OP post video (which is from the calm and well informed Dr. Campbell, who doesn't spread fear. Actually the video shows Dr. Campbell being calm and reassuring and helpful about how everyone will eventually get the virus, and how to improve your odds of doing fine, including at times in the past such as by taking vitamin D (and in this video also I noticed), but also by getting the proven safe vaccines.)

When you clicked "agree" with post #2, what were you agreeing about precisely then?

Just with the general statement. One does not have to be screaming and going off the deep end to be spreading fear. Just the general statement of everyone will get COVID can be viewed as spreading fear. In this case though, I'd have to agree that since he is giving professional medical advice about preventive measures that may help lessen the symptoms outside of getting the vaccine, he's not purposely trying to cause panic.

• Agree
Reactions: LeGato
Upvote 0

J_B_

I have answers to questions no one ever asks.
May 15, 2020
Midwest
✟109,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No idea who Dr. Campbell is, but this isn't news. We've known from the beginning a very high percentage of people will eventually get COVID. The strategies were not about preventing sickness for all eternity, but slowing the spread to 1) prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed, 2) preventing other essential services from shutting down, and 3) giving time to develop vaccines and treatments so that when people encounter the virus, the result isn't deadly.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

If only we’d all complied from the beginning, everything would be hunky dory now!

You forget that we did all the things the experts said would stop the spread and IT DIDN'T WORK. They either didn’t know what they were talking about or they lied. Heretofore acquired trust gave way to doubt and suspicion. Then the vaccines came and people who never heard of VAERS started looking into things they never cared to before. Instead of blindly going along with "science" they started to do their own research.

Reactions: Bramblewild
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

J_B_

May 15, 2020
Midwest
✟109,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If only we’d all complied from the beginning, everything would be hunky dory now!

You forget that we did all the things the experts said would stop the spread and IT DIDN'T WORK. They either didn’t know what they were talking about or they lied. Heretofore acquired trust gave way to doubt and suspicion. Then the vaccines came and people who never heard of VAERS started looking into things they never cared to before.

I'm not sure what you were expecting. People are imperfect. An imperfect attempt to fight the disease doesn't mean they were lying, nor does it mean they should be ignored. No perfect alternative exists either.

The crime would have been to do nothing at all.

Did the experts say masks, distancing, & vaccines would "stop" the spread? If so, that's an unfortunate misstatement. I imagine those who are actually informed said or meant to say it would slow the spread.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure what you were expecting. People are imperfect. An imperfect attempt to fight the disease doesn't mean they were lying, nor does it mean they should be ignored. No perfect alternative exists either.

The crime would have been to do nothing at all.

Did the experts say masks, distancing, & vaccines would "stop" the spread? If so, that's an unfortunate misstatement. I imagine those who are actually informed said or meant to say it would slow the spread.

"Slow the Spread" morphed into "Stop the Spread" (and probably back to "Slow…").

upload_2021-9-12_10-30-57.png

upload_2021-9-12_10-31-31.png

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/communication/stop-the-spread.html
COVID-19 Social Media Toolkit

Last edited:
Upvote 0

J_B_

May 15, 2020
Midwest
✟109,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Slow the Spread" morphed into "Stop the Spread".

As I said, that's unfortunate. I know several doctors & nurses personally, and they are exhausted and frustrated. Burnout, suicide, etc. is extremely high in the medical profession. I am very worried about a child of mine who is a nurse.

After all they've given, to have anti-vaxers questioning their motivations just adds insult to injury.

I imagine the change in message is a (possibly misguided) attempt to better punctuate the message. It's an outgrowth of the frustration.

It still in no way justifies ignoring the only people who have a chance of fighting the disease.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Thing is, this thing is random. There had been many account of personal trainers than can barely walk a few steps without getting winded. If they don't die, their quality of life is ruined should they ever survive.

You're rolling the dice and taking your chances....are you willing to risk it and NOT be the ones who made it unscathed?
YEP! My trust is in God, who has already numbered my days here on Earth.
Long before Covid was a drop on a microscopic slide, God knew of it and planned for it. By His grace, I have already avoided it several times.
That doesn't mean that I am somehow special, or that others aren't special.
It just means that God has something else in mind for me, and my time to go isn't yet.

• Agree
Reactions: LeGato
Upvote 0

LeGato

LCMS/Crypto-Amish
Nov 17, 2021
Neuschwabenland
✟14,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Ill be keeping my God-given immune system, thanks.

Reactions: Bramblewild
Upvote 0