Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The teachers are plenty critical of what students think. That's why reprogramming is necessary.

Your lack of understanding of what critical thinking is also proves my point.

How would you know? Are you an "expert"?

I am an actual expert, not an "expert". I have PhD in virology, and over 30 years postdoctoral experience in biomedical research in various fields including virology, vaccinology and immunology working across government, academic and commercial groups on 4 continents.

However, I don't need any of those to point out unevidenced assertions are vacuous, and made by people absent discernment and critical thinking.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Critical thinking makes a person aware of when self appointed "experts" are lying to us.

Nope, Critical thinking makes a person aware when anyone is lying to them, not reinforce pre conceived notions concerning people who work in professions you hate.

• Agree
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am an actual expert, not an "expert". I have PhD in virology, and over 30 years postdoctoral experience in biomedical research in various fields including virology, vaccinology and immunology working across government, academic and commercial groups on 4 continents.

However, I don't need any of those to point out unevidenced data is vacuous.

Then tell us what evidence you would need to determine that a Covid shot given to a healthy 25 year old person who got sick and died right after getting the shot wasn't the cause.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nope, Critical thinking makes a person aware when anyone is lying to them

Then my critical thinking skills are getting really good. I've been noticing the lies I've been hearing, and they've gotten all-too-obvious. It's as if the liars aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

not reinforce pre conceived notions concerning people who work in professions you hate.

^_^

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then tell us what evidence you would need to determine that a Covid shot given to a healthy 25 year old person who got sick and died right after getting the shot wasn't the cause.

It's your hypothetical, so I need more information.
1. What does the autopsy say is the cause of death
2. How soon after the shot did he die.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's your hypothetical, so I need more information.
1. What does the autopsy say is the cause of death
2. How soon after the shot did he die.

1. Cause of death is blood clotting due to foreign substance recently injected into bloodstream.
2. 2 Days.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, very much! A person gets Covid and later dies of the cancer they already had, and it's counted as a Covid death to be paraded on the news.
You're making stuff up in your head ,or someone's lying to you. People that are drying of cancer or other stuff. It's not being counted As COVID-19. COVID-19 death are under reported. BTW, I took the second Pfizer vaccine dose . So far I haven't died or turned into a zombie yet. With that being said , I would never take Johnson & Johnson single dose. Not enough protection. And other issues.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would never take Johnson & Johnson single dose. Not enough protection. And other issues.
Yes, apparently it is not the new experimental mRNA vaccine that artificially induces the immune system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You're making stuff up in your head ,or someone's lying to you. People that are drying of cancer or other stuff. It's not being counted As COVID-19. COVID-19 death are under reported. BTW, I took the second Pfizer vaccine dose . So far I haven't died or turned into a zombie yet.

Nobody knows the long-term effects yet. We've already seen many deaths and injuries from the "safe" drugs. That's short-term. But you have a front row seat when it comes to the long-term effects that may be yet to come.

With that being said , I would never take Johnson & Johnson single dose. Not enough protection. And other issues.

If I were woke, I'd be saying to that, "That's unevidenced gibberish that the extreme right is putting out! The CDC says it's perfectly safe! Don't be an anti-vaxxer!"

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My guess is many who've been saying the number of deaths from the virus are overreported, are now saying the number of deaths after the vaccine are underreported.

Also this reminds me of the old urban legend that the flu vaccine gives you the flu.

I'm getting vaccinated Sunday and I'm looking forward to being fully vaccinated so I don't have to keep living like Howard Hugues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who isn’t allowed to ask questions? When I got my vaccine, I asked a lot of questions. They gave me an entire book of information. My doctor had information. Our state had an 800 number giving out information. The nation has an 800 number to call to get information. Other countries are giving out information. There’s information online, there’s information in print...
Yes, I had to answer multiple questions , over and over. A lot of questions ,if I ever had COVID-19, or received treatment for COVID-19. Do I have any COVID-19 symptoms. They gave me a bunch of info ,phone number and their website. I promised I wouldn't get pregnant or breast feed for 2 weeks. I'm not married or dating. Not an issue right now.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
My guess is many who've been saying the number of deaths from the virus are overreported, are now saying the number of deaths after the vaccine are underreported.

I agree.

In this case the stupid is weird and illogical but entirely predictable.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's one way to rationalize it and reduce the numbers.
No, simply no.

It is a simple, universally recognized principle of reasoning: correlation does not imply causation. You should have been taught this in grade 10, I would divine.

We cannot have a serious, responsible discussion without all agreeing on the basic principles of sound argument.

The fact that 10,000 people died after the vaccine, without further information, tells us precisely zero about the risks of the vaccine.

If 10,000 people die on the way out of the vaccine clinic, then you have an argument.

But - and do I really need to explain this? - everyone will die after the vaccine. Hopefully, decades hence for most of us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, very much! A person gets Covid and later dies of the cancer they already had, and it's counted as a Covid death to be paraded on the news.
In a serious discussion, one needs to actually support one's claims. So please give us some actual data that supports your implication that there is a systematic effort to over-represent covid deaths. And, no, 1 or 2 anecdotes don't count.

Anymore than the fact that my grandfather lived to 90 as 7-decade smoker counts as evidence that smoking is not harmful.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Critical thinking makes a person aware of when self appointed "experts" are lying to us.
Please show me an example of an anti-vaccination post in this thread that demonstrates any "critical thinking". A simple post number will suffice.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And these are just the ones that are not being denied as being related to getting the shot. Numerous more "injuries" also reported.

10,000+ deaths after COVID shots reported by U.S., European agencies

"April 14, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) -- More than 10,000 people have died shortly after COVID-19 vaccination since December, American and European authorities have revealed. The deaths include more than 7,100 in Europe, according to the European Medicines Agency (EMA), and 3,005 reported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC).

As of Tuesday, EudraVigilance, the EMA’s database of suspected drug reaction reports, noted that 4,036 “fatal outcomes” after vaccination with Pfizer’s COVID-19 shot, as well as 1,922 and 1,234 deaths after administration of vaccines made by Moderna and AstraZeneca, respectively.

EudraVigilance also reported 20 deaths from the COVID-19 vaccine developed by Johnson & Johnson. The database has disclosed more than 200,000 injuries possibly linked to the four vaccines, with tens of thousands of cases deemed “serious.”
any death is unfortunate but I think the severity of the pandemic has warranted the rush of vaccines that would otherwise go through longer periods of testing. it's not perfect and I don't think anyone claims that, but far greater are dying of COVID-19 (there have been over 500,000 deaths in the US alone) There are fatalities in all vaccines and if those things concern you then don't get the vaccination. Just ensure that you take the necessary protective measures for the people and places you come in contact with.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.