Americans Fight to Get Off ‘Medical Death Row’ Over Vaccination Status

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I somehow fail to see the connection between religious freedom and vaccination. What does it have to do with each other?
I'm starting to think that letting people get special treatment simply because they claim they really really believe in something isn't a great way to create public policy.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The discussion is that some anti-vaxxers who may need organ transplants are being turned away from a few hospitals. The comparison to alcoholics needing organ transplants is apt.

First of all, someone opting not to take endless "boosters" of the COVID vaccine is perfectly in line with the vast majority of the rest of the world and should not be classed as an "anti-vaxxer".

Secondly, it is well established that liver damage results from excessive alcohol consumption. Therefore, it makes perfect sense to deny a liver transplant to someone who is just going to destroy it with excessive alcohol consumption.

The same cannot be said for COVID. Not only does the vaccine not prevent you from getting COVID, but there are still many open questions around whether there is a mortality benefit to vaccinated people. As the study I just posted shows, there was an unexpected INCREASE in mortality for those who were vaccinated vs. those who were not.

You can try to pretend like this is an analogous comparison if you like. But it is not.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
First of all, someone opting not to take endless "boosters" of the COVID vaccine is perfectly in line with the vast majority of the rest of the world and should not be classed as an "anti-vaxxer".

Perhaps it would benefit to read the article in the OP

"NASHVILLE, Tenn.—Brad Dacus, president of the Pacific Justice Institute, represents Americans in religious freedom cases who have been turned away from hospitals because they refuse to take a vaccine for COVID-19."
You can try to pretend like this is an analogous comparison if you like. But it is not.
It is, and apparently you have been unprepared in this thread due to not reading the article and following the conversation.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

BibleLinguist

Mar 18, 2024
Sukhothai
✟2,003.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The comparison to alcoholics needing organ transplants is apt.
Why do you think it is appropriate to compare drug abusers, who, apparently unconcerned about their health, lack the self-control to give up their alcohol, to people who, firmly self-controlled in the face of ridicule, refuse the vaccine out of concerns for their health?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The same vaccine which Donald takes credit for?
Does he take credit for it? I've made the point a number of times that Operation Warp Speed should've been a huge propaganda win for him. His fans should've been lining up to take it because it was his administration that got it done.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Why do you think it is appropriate to compare drug abusers, who, apparently unconcerned about their health, lack the self-control to give up their alcohol, to people who, firmly self-controlled in the face of ridicule, refuse the vaccine out of concerns for their health?
How do you know alcoholics are unconcerned with their health? I can also be said about anti-vaxxers....but I didn't. You have already condemned the alcoholic and praise the anti-vaxxers. What if the anti-vaxxer was also an alcoholic? We do not know any of this from the biased article which was all over the place with rightist rhetoric.

I am comparing two different groups of people who are being rejected by hospitals for their actions or non-actions. The hospitals would perform the 'life saving' operations if both changed their ways and either stopped drinking or get vaccinated. You are trying to make it a moral issue.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It may be more noticeable among athletes, because it is the athletes who push their hearts to higher limits. But because the athletes are where people actually see the harm done, it does not follow that they were the only ones harmed. In fact, the very fact that athletes are typically in the prime of health, seeing heart problems among them should be a harbinger of a much wider problem.

As for the "self-resolving," I suppose death does resolve their heart issues.
The question is how common are the issues because the fact is if billions of people took the vaccine and say you even had five million people to die or otherwise have heart issues that is a very low percentage on the other hand if a billion people had the issues that is a LOT

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

BibleLinguist

Mar 18, 2024
Sukhothai
✟2,003.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How do you know alcoholics are unconcerned with their health? I can also be said about anti-vaxxers....but I didn't. You have already condemned the alcoholic and praise the anti-vaxxers. What if the anti-vaxxer was also an alcoholic? We do not know any of this from the biased article which was all over the place with rightist rhetoric.

I am comparing two different groups of people who are being rejected by hospitals for their actions or non-actions. The hospitals would perform the 'life saving' operations if both changed their ways and either stopped drinking or get vaccinated. You are trying to make it a moral issue.
How do I know alcoholics are unconcerned with their health? They keep drinking despite the risks. I know more than a few alcoholics. I've visited them in the hospital when they were so sick they were on the verge of death. They might wish to be healthy, of course, but this wish is not stronger than their desire to drink. It's a matter of priorities.

Anti-vaxxers are in a different category. They refuse the vaccine because of their health, and many have given up their employment, their education, etc. over it. They are willing to sacrifice much to be healthy--completely opposite to that alcoholic who cannot sacrifice his vice to increase his longevity.

I am glad that you recognize these are two different groups of people. You still seem unable to distinguish between them, as if they should be in the same camp and on the same level. They shouldn't.

• Winner
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Let's hope that those who believe "the other side" is ignorant, and therefore "an offense to the Gospel" are not themselves ignorant of the Gospel, especially that freedom of conscience is to be respected.

An erroneous conscience has no right to be respected.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Boy, that OP jumps from topic to topic, doesn't it? It starts out decrying the safety of the vaccines, then immediately shifts to an argument based on religious convictions (which has nothing to do with supposed safety concerns), and then jumps to trans issues, which have nothing to do with vaccines.
It's all one big snarl for some conservatives.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The same vaccine which Donald takes credit for?
Their hatred for the left even Trumps their worship of Trump. They only like Trump so much because he in their opinion so reliably owns the libs.

Upvote 0

BibleLinguist

Mar 18, 2024
Sukhothai
✟2,003.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
An erroneous conscience has no right to be respected.
If even Jesus would not say certain things to those unprepared to hear them, and thus force unwelcome truths upon their prejudiced minds, who are we to judge and to force our own opinions upon others?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
How do I know alcoholics are unconcerned with their health? They keep drinking despite the risks. I know more than a few alcoholics. I've visited them in the hospital when they were so sick they were on the verge of death. They might wish to be healthy, of course, but this wish is not stronger than their desire to drink. It's a matter of priorities.

Anti-vaxxers are in a different category. They refuse the vaccine because of their health, and many have given up their employment, their education, etc. over it. They are willing to sacrifice much to be healthy--completely opposite to that alcoholic who cannot sacrifice his vice to increase his longevity.

I am glad that you recognize these are two different groups of people. You still seem unable to distinguish between them, as if they should be in the same camp and on the same level. They shouldn't.
How do I know anti-vaxxers are unconcerned with their health? They kept being unvaccinated despite the risks to them and to me. I know more than a few anti-vaxxers. I've never visited them in the hospital when they were so sick they were on the verge of death because I did not want the same for me. They might wish to be healthy, of course, but this wish is not stronger than their desire to remain unvaccinated. It's a matter of priorities of listening to the wrong people. I can sit next to an alcoholic with confidence I will not catch their disease, whereas I can not say the same for an anti-vaxxer.

I know the differences between both groups, and unlike you I will not sit here and tell you that you are unable to distinguish between the two except to say that it is apparent that you have little respect for alcoholics and their struggles compared to putting anti-vaxxers on a pedestal and praising them for your belief that they remain unvaccinated due to some sacrifice to be healthier. It is quite the opposite because they rolled the dice on their health and gambled with their future by ingesting anything other than a vaccine to ward off an airborne infectious disease. Alcoholics do the same with their bodies - rolling the dice with their health and putting their future in risk.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Brad Dacus, president of the Pacific Justice Institute, represents Americans in religious freedom cases who have been turned away from hospitals because they refuse to take a vaccine for COVID-19.

“It’s disgraceful to put anyone on medical death row simply because they’re not willing to take a very controversial experimental vaccine, which is now proven to be very counterproductive,” Dacus tells “The Daily Signal” podcast in an interview conducted in February at the National Religious Broadcasters Convention here.

Some of the Pacific Justice Institute’s clients need organ transplants, he says, but “a minority of hospitals” are denying them.

“Most say no problem, you don’t have to be vaxxed, but these few out there are saying yes, you have to, and it just so happens we discovered they have contracts with Big Pharma,” Dacus says.

The lawyer argues that “more than 99% of those in the hospital with COVID-19, with serious conditions, are people who were vaxxed. The non-vaxxed are not in the hospitals, and yet [a minority of hospitals] continue to push it.”

“We’re defending people based on their sincerely held religious beliefs and convictions, and—needless to say—we’re making great progress and saving thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of jobs for brothers and sisters in Christ across the nation,” Dacus says. “There has been a more than a 13,000% increase in the number of 12- to 19-year-olds who have myocarditis, a very serious heart inflammation disease.”

Dacus cites a 2022 study from the British Medical Journal finding “net harm” caused by booster shots for young adults.

..................... "don't touch the Money," Vambram. Don't touch the money! :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
If even Jesus would not say certain things to those unprepared to hear them, and thus force unwelcome truths upon their prejudiced minds, who are we to judge and to force our own opinions upon others?
The topic is about a lawyer representing anti-vaxxers due to a perceived religious attack on them due to a few hospitals electing to not perform organ transplants for them. You have already judged alcoholics, most of them you probably do not know with your personal opinions while defending anti-vaxxers, most of whom you do not know. Why should anybody care what you speak of judgements and prejudice?

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

BibleLinguist

Mar 18, 2024
Sukhothai
✟2,003.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How do I know anti-vaxxers are unconcerned with their health? They kept being unvaccinated despite the risks to them and to me. I know more than a few anti-vaxxers. I've never visited them in the hospital when they were so sick they were on the verge of death because I did not want the same for me. They might wish to be healthy, of course, but this wish is not stronger than their desire to remain unvaccinated. It's a matter of priorities of listening to the wrong people. I can sit next to an alcoholic with confidence I will not catch their disease, whereas I can not say the same for an anti-vaxxer.

I know the differences between both groups, and unlike you I will not sit here and tell you that you are unable to distinguish between the two except to say that it is apparent that you have little respect for alcoholics and their struggles compared to putting anti-vaxxers on a pedestal and praising them for your belief that they remain unvaccinated due to some sacrifice to be healthier. It is quite the opposite because they rolled the dice on their health and gambled with their future by ingesting anything other than a vaccine to ward off an airborne infectious disease. Alcoholics do the same with their bodies - rolling the dice with their health and putting their future in risk.
During covid I went into the hospitals and visited sick church members there who appreciated the comfort of having a real friend visit them. Most were too fearful, and sent text messages instead. I didn't even don a mask. Did I get sick? No.

Did Jesus get leprosy from touching the lepers? Remember, leprosy is a contagious disease.

Where in the Bible does it say we should all be vaccinated? In fact, what the Bible does say is that certain things are unclean and an abomination--and should not be ingested, or touched. Do you know what is in your vaccines?

The ingredients for the covid vaccines have been almost top-secret. Some are known, but as far as I know, the full list remains unpublished. However, among the some that are known, many ingredients of past vaccines are included.

Past vaccines have had, depending on the vaccine, such ingredients as these:

Adenovirus Vaccine Adjuvants: human-diploid fibroblast cell cultures (strain WI-38), Dulbecco’s Modified Eagle’s Medium, fetal bovine serum, sodium bicarbonate, monosodium glutamate, sucrose, D-mannose, D- fructose, dextrose, human serum albumin, potassium phosphate, plasdone C, anhydrous lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, polacrilin potassium, magnesium stearate, cellulose acetate phthalate, alcohol, acetone, castor oil, FD&C Yellow #6 aluminum lake dye.​
DTaP-IPV/Hib (Pentacel) Adjuvants: Aluminum phosphate, polysorbate 80, sucrose, formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, bovine serum albumin, 2-phenoxyethanol, neomycin, polymyxin B sulfate, modified Mueller’s growth medium, ammonium sulfate, modified Mueller-Miller casamino acid medium without beef heart infusion, Stainer-Scholte medium, casamino acids, dimethyl-beta-cyclodextrin. MRC-5 cells (a line of normal human diploid cells), CMRL 1969 medium supplemented with calf serum, Medium 199 without calf serum, modified Mueller and Miller medium.​
Select Adjuvants from Other Vaccines: VERO cells, a continuous line of monkey kidney cells, MRC-5 diploid fibroblasts, amorphous aluminum hydroxyphosphate sulfate, non-viral protein, DNA, bovine albumin, thimerosal [mercuric: C9H9HgNaO2S], Madin Darby Canine Kidney (MDCK) cell protein, protein other than HA, MDCK cell DNA, hydrolyzed porcine [pork] gelatin, WI-38 human diploid lung fibroblasts, recombinant human albumin, vero cells [DNA from porcine circoviruses (PCV) 1 and 2 has been detected in RotaTeq. PCV-1 and PCV-2 are not known to cause disease in humans.], African Green Monkey kidney (Vero) cells, HEPES, 2% human serum albumin, etc.​

If someone does not know what the ingredients are, how can he or she consent, with clear conscience, to potentially having such abominable things injected?

Australia was at least honest enough as to publish that it was authorizing the injection of "poisons." See HERE for that. They will say that this term is common to other drugs as well, but I think it quite accurately sums them all up.

• Winner
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
During covid I went into the hospitals and visited sick church members there who appreciated the comfort of having a real friend visit them. Most were too fearful, and sent text messages instead. I didn't even don a mask. Did I get sick? No.
We don't know that you did not get sick. A hospital let you walk around mask-less? Sure....

Did Jesus get leprosy from touching the lepers? Remember, leprosy is a contagious disease.
LOL. You actually want to use this in your argument?
Where in the Bible does it say we should all be vaccinated? In fact, what the Bible does say is that certain things are unclean and an abomination--and should not be ingested, or touched. Do you know what is in your vaccines?
Where in the Bible does it mention the internet? Cars? Airplanes? 401K's? People now eat pork and lobster without dying....
The ingredients for the covid vaccines have been almost top-secret. Some are known, but as far as I know, the full list remains unpublished. However, among the some that are known, many ingredients of past vaccines are included.
Top secret? That must mean the recipe is somewhere in a bathroom at Maralago....
Past vaccines have had, depending on the vaccine, such ingredients as these:

Adenovirus Vaccine Adjuvants: human-diploid fibroblast cell cultures (strain WI-38), Dulbecco’s Modified Eagle’s Medium, fetal bovine serum, sodium bicarbonate, monosodium glutamate, sucrose, D-mannose, D- fructose, dextrose, human serum albumin, potassium phosphate, plasdone C, anhydrous lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, polacrilin potassium, magnesium stearate, cellulose acetate phthalate, alcohol, acetone, castor oil, FD&C Yellow #6 aluminum lake dye.​
DTaP-IPV/Hib (Pentacel) Adjuvants: Aluminum phosphate, polysorbate 80, sucrose, formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, bovine serum albumin, 2-phenoxyethanol, neomycin, polymyxin B sulfate, modified Mueller’s growth medium, ammonium sulfate, modified Mueller-Miller casamino acid medium without beef heart infusion, Stainer-Scholte medium, casamino acids, dimethyl-beta-cyclodextrin. MRC-5 cells (a line of normal human diploid cells), CMRL 1969 medium supplemented with calf serum, Medium 199 without calf serum, modified Mueller and Miller medium.​
Select Adjuvants from Other Vaccines: VERO cells, a continuous line of monkey kidney cells, MRC-5 diploid fibroblasts, amorphous aluminum hydroxyphosphate sulfate, non-viral protein, DNA, bovine albumin, thimerosal [mercuric: C9H9HgNaO2S], Madin Darby Canine Kidney (MDCK) cell protein, protein other than HA, MDCK cell DNA, hydrolyzed porcine [pork] gelatin, WI-38 human diploid lung fibroblasts, recombinant human albumin, vero cells [DNA from porcine circoviruses (PCV) 1 and 2 has been detected in RotaTeq. PCV-1 and PCV-2 are not known to cause disease in humans.], African Green Monkey kidney (Vero) cells, HEPES, 2% human serum albumin, etc.​

If someone does not know what the ingredients are, how can he or she consent, with clear conscience, to potentially having such abominable things injected?

Australia was at least honest enough as to publish that it was authorizing the injection of "poisons." See HERE for that. They will say that this term is common to other drugs as well, but I think it quite accurately sums them all up.
Are you vaccinated? It sounds like you are not. If you are not, it explains the bias towards the unvaccinated.

Tossing out scientific verbage is not helping your defense of the anti-vaxxers who are suing because a hospital has placed them in a 'MEDICAL DEATH ROW" and now they all will DIE because they refuse to just go to a different hospital....maybe you can direct them to the hospital you were walking around during the pandemic without a mask? Just a thought....

Upvote 0

BibleLinguist

Mar 18, 2024
Sukhothai
✟2,003.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A hospital let you walk around mask-less? Sure....
I was not in a developed country. Many were too poor, to be honest, to buy a mask, and the hospitals, which do not feed patients, want their family members to give them food, etc. in the hospital. So I was far from alone in being maskless in the hospital.
People now eat pork and lobster without dying....
Actually, many die of these things, and not just "nowadays." Did you know that Buddha (Siddhartha Gautama) died about three days after eating infected pork? Some today have died from eating lobster that had been contaminated by the red tide. The Bible tells us which animals to avoid eating for a reason, and time has not improved their condition--far from it.
Are you vaccinated?
I have friends on both sides of this question, and many did not want the vax but felt forced on account of work, travel, school, etc. Avoiding the vax could mean an end to one's career--it was an incredible sacrifice to make, and a very difficult decision. I am pro-conscience on the matter. If you want the vaccine, it should be your right to obtain it. If you do not want it, no one should force it upon you. Only one side of this question has been coercive. As God is not a God of force, but one who gives us freedom of choice, it should seem clear to any Christian which side should be taken. I have no judgment for those on either side of the vaxxed or non-vaxxed question. My concern is for those coercing others against their will.

• Winner
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

I'm not for forcing my opinion on anyone. People are free to believe whatever absurdities they wish. However, if you are talking about matters of public health and the wider common good, an erroneous conscious gives no right.

Upvote 0