Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Brad Dacus, president of the Pacific Justice Institute, represents Americans in religious freedom cases who have been turned away from hospitals because they refuse to take a vaccine for COVID-19.

“It’s disgraceful to put anyone on medical death row simply because they’re not willing to take a very controversial experimental vaccine, which is now proven to be very counterproductive,” Dacus tells “The Daily Signal” podcast in an interview conducted in February at the National Religious Broadcasters Convention here.

Some of the Pacific Justice Institute’s clients need organ transplants, he says, but “a minority of hospitals” are denying them.

“Most say no problem, you don’t have to be vaxxed, but these few out there are saying yes, you have to, and it just so happens we discovered they have contracts with Big Pharma,” Dacus says.

The lawyer argues that “more than 99% of those in the hospital with COVID-19, with serious conditions, are people who were vaxxed. The non-vaxxed are not in the hospitals, and yet [a minority of hospitals] continue to push it.”

“We’re defending people based on their sincerely held religious beliefs and convictions, and—needless to say—we’re making great progress and saving thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of jobs for brothers and sisters in Christ across the nation,” Dacus says. “There has been a more than a 13,000% increase in the number of 12- to 19-year-olds who have myocarditis, a very serious heart inflammation disease.”

Dacus cites a 2022 study from the British Medical Journal finding “net harm” caused by booster shots for young adults.

Reactions: hislegacy

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The vaccine is no longer experimental. It's been widely studied now for years and gone through the regular approval process through the FDA.

The majority of Americans have been vaccinated, so of course you aren't going to find alot of non-vaccinated people in hospitals.

Myocarditis among youth is mostly only a problem in student athletes, and it usually is self-resolving. It's certainly not a reason to reject the vaccine. Myocarditis can be caused by alot of things (including viral infections in general), and the risks with the vaccine are actually lower than from the virus itself.

Denying organ transplants to those who refuse to be vaccinated is not arbitrary. Somebody who receives an organ transplant will most likely need to be put on immune suppressants like rapamycin, making them more vulnerable to COVID infection. Why waste a perfectly good organ on somebody who isn't willing to comply with good medical advice? It wouldn't be right.

Upvote 0

BibleLinguist

Mar 18, 2024
Sukhothai
✟2,003.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Myocarditis among youth is mostly only a problem in student athletes, and it usually is self-resolving.
It may be more noticeable among athletes, because it is the athletes who push their hearts to higher limits. But because the athletes are where people actually see the harm done, it does not follow that they were the only ones harmed. In fact, the very fact that athletes are typically in the prime of health, seeing heart problems among them should be a harbinger of a much wider problem.

As for the "self-resolving," I suppose death does resolve their heart issues.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
"Medical death row" because “a minority of hospitals” are turning away the unvaxxers?

Death row is a place where violent criminals are housed until their death. In this case those unxaxxers can simply go to one of the majority of hospitals which do not turn away unvaxxers. This is no "Medical death row" due to choices, and this is just one more example of making up a phrase like "Medical death row" to scare people into anger. It really has nothing to do with religious freedom.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Why waste a perfectly good organ on somebody who isn't willing to comply with good medical advice? It wouldn't be right.
Indeed. Where is the 'religious freedom' for alcoholics who are turned away for liver transplants unless they first quit drinking? Actions have consequences, and anti-vaxxers put themselves on their very own "Medical death row"

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Some of the Pacific Justice Institute’s clients need organ transplants, he says, but “a minority of hospitals” are denying them.
Go to a different hospital. Like those women with ectopic pregnancies. Or Mexico.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Denying organ transplants to those who refuse to be vaccinated is not arbitrary. Somebody who receives an organ transplant will most likely need to be put on immune suppressants like rapamycin, making them more vulnerable to COVID infection. Why waste a perfectly good organ on somebody who isn't willing to comply with good medical advice? It wouldn't be right.
This is the crotch of the issue. Why give a person who refuses to quit drinking a new liver. They’ll just waste it. Just like people who mistakenly insist that the Bible tells them not to use medical science.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
But, but it is a "Medical Death Row" they are on! How can they simply go to a different hospital which will perform the surgery?
Why they can simply appeal! Like any American on Death Row they can appeal for decades if need be; all at the tax payer's expense! And then when science eventually finds them not guilty of not being unvacinated they can go to a different State with different laws and exercise their God Given America Right, guaranteed under the Constitution by God to pick and choose when they thrust science to make them well.

A perfect system, I imagine.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
It may be more noticeable among athletes, because it is the athletes who push their hearts to higher limits. But because the athletes are where people actually see the harm done, it does not follow that they were the only ones harmed. In fact, the very fact that athletes are typically in the prime of health, seeing heart problems among them should be a harbinger of a much wider problem.

As for the "self-resolving," I suppose death does resolve their heart issues.

Athletes are the most at risk from myocarditis. Ordinary people that never get their heart rate up very high are unlikely to be harmed, as vaccine-related myocarditis is almost always self-resolving. In fact most are probably asymptomatic.

I'm at risk for pericarditis, so I believe I do know a thing or two about what I'm talking about. When I get the vaccine, I only engage in easy exercise for a few days afterwards. It's certainly better than being bed ridden for days and not being able to fully exercise for weeks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,300.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I somehow fail to see the connection between religious freedom and vaccination. What does it have to do with each other?

The man who is quoted in the OP says something medical and then, out of the blue, uses words like "Christ" or "religious", though there is no apparent relation.

Its rather about personal/medical care freedoms than about the religious one.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Indeed. Where is the 'religious freedom' for alcoholics who are turned away for liver transplants unless they first quit drinking? Actions have consequences, and anti-vaxxers put themselves on their very own "Medical death row"

Hiding behind religious freedom for what amounts to ignorance is an offense to the Gospel. It should not be tolerated. There is no freedom in Christ to act in a reckless manner contrary to reason. We as a society don't have to tolerate scoundrels like that.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Boy, that OP jumps from topic to topic, doesn't it? It starts out decrying the safety of the vaccines, then immediately shifts to an argument based on religious convictions (which has nothing to do with supposed safety concerns), and then jumps to trans issues, which have nothing to do with vaccines.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I somehow fail to see the connection between religious freedom and vaccination. What does it have to do with each other?

Some people misread their Bible to think that it taught them that the vaccine being pushed by Democrats was bad.

Others have long thought that any vaccine that was so much as in the room with aborted baby parts is morally tainted.

The man who is quoted in the OP says something medical and then, out of the blue, uses words like "Christ" or "religious", though there is no apparent relation.

Its rather about personal/medical care freedoms than about the religious one.

It's about pushing the buttons of conservatives who want their buttons pushed. It matters not that the three different complaints barely have anything to do with each other.

• Informative
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

BibleLinguist

Mar 18, 2024
Sukhothai
✟2,003.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Athletes are the most at risk from myocarditis. Ordinary people that never get their heart rate up very high are unlikely to be harmed, as vaccine-related myocarditis is almost always self-resolving. In fact most are probably asymptomatic.

I'm at risk for pericarditis, so I believe I do know a thing or two about what I'm talking about. When I get the vaccine, I only engage in easy exercise for a few days afterwards. It's certainly better than being bed ridden for days and not being able to fully exercise for weeks.
A doctor advised me that those receiving the vaccine should take extra vitamin E for a few weeks afterward to help reduce the odds of blood clotting.

• Informative
Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BibleLinguist

Mar 18, 2024
Sukhothai
✟2,003.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hiding behind religious freedom for what amounts to ignorance is an offense to the Gospel. It should not be tolerated. There is no freedom in Christ to act in a reckless manner contrary to reason. We as a society don't have to tolerate scoundrels like that.
Let's hope that those who believe "the other side" is ignorant, and therefore "an offense to the Gospel" are not themselves ignorant of the Gospel, especially that freedom of conscience is to be respected.

"Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?" (1 Corinthians 10:29)

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Boy, that OP jumps from topic to topic, doesn't it? It starts out decrying the safety of the vaccines, then immediately shifts to an argument based on religious convictions (which has nothing to do with supposed safety concerns), and then jumps to trans issues, which have nothing to do with vaccines.
It is the 'kitchen sink' argument. I enjoyed the ending where SPLC is more hateful than the hate they expose...

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you listened to all of the CDC's recommendations on vaccination, you would have taken NINE doses of the COVID vaccine by now.

Meanwhile, the US is an outlier in blanket recommendations for COVID vaccines. Pretty much everywhere else in the world now only recommends vaccines for the elderly (65+) and immunocompromised.

The idea that someone who receives a COVID vaccine will somehow have less of a mortality risk is pure fantasy. In fact, a recent study found that those with severe COVID who received vaccination actually had HIGHER mortality than those who only had a partial course of vaccination or were unvaccinated.

While mortality rates were 36% (n=25) and 27% (n=15) for non-COVID-19 NVax and Vax patients, respectively, in COVID-19 patients mortality rates were 37% (NVax, n=89) and 70% (Vax, n=23). Among COVID-19 patients, mortality rate was significantly higher among Vax vs. NVax patients (p=0.002). The Charlson’s Comorbidity Index score (CCI) was also significantly higher among Vax vs. NVax COVID-19 patients. However, the mortality risk remained significantly higher (p=0.02) when we compared COVID-19 Vax vs. NVax patients with similar CCI score, suggesting that additional factors may increase risk of mortality. Higher levels of SARS-CoV-2 Abs were noted among survivors, suggestive of their protective role. We observed a trend for increased total IgG4 Ab, which promotes immune tolerance, in the Vax vs. NVax patients in week 3.
The point is, these comparisons to liver damage from alcohol, which is absolutely certain, are foolish because there are still many unknowns with COVID vaccines. To deny someone a life-saving transplant because a COVID vaccine may or may not provide them with a mortality benefit is bereft of logic and ethics.

• Winner
Reactions: BibleLinguist
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The point is, these comparisons to liver damage from alcohol, which is absolutely certain, are foolish because there are still many unknowns with COVID vaccines. To deny someone a life-saving transplant because a COVID vaccine may or may not provide them with a mortality benefit is bereft of logic and ethics.
The discussion is that some anti-vaxxers who may need organ transplants are being turned away from a few hospitals. The comparison to alcoholics needing organ transplants is apt.

Upvote 0