Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps but it would be an irresponsible reason to start a war over. Aggression doesn't demand immediate escalation.
Buuut, the current pResident, is known for saying,
“If you hit me, I’ll come back and hit you ten times harder!”, I think that, as C-in-C, his natural impulses can only be assuaged for so long!

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Iran shoots down US drone aircraft, raising tensions further in Strait of Hormuz

Iran shot down a United States military drone on Thursday, further escalating the already volatile situation playing out between Washington and Tehran in the Middle East.

Iran's Revolutionary Guard said it had shot down an "intruding American spy drone" after it entered into the country's territory Thursday.
A US official confirmed to CNN a drone had been shot down, but said the incident occurred in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world's most vital shipping routes.

That would be an act of war, would it not? Shooting down another countries aircraft in international airspace?

Watch the defenders of Iran rise up.
It's not worth starting a war over.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It seems obvious that Trump is trying to provoke a war, based on his belief that voters rarely change presidents during war time. In this case, I don't know. Trump has verifiably lied over 10,000 times since taking office. His nickname is President Bone Spurs. The daughters of the doctor who wrote his 4F letter said that their dad was a tenant of Papa Trump, and did it as a favor for him.

If, God forbid, a trumped-up war begins, I would feel safer with anyone of the 23 Democratic candidates. i pretty much trust the ayotollah's word over Trump's, and I think at least 50% of the population feels the same way.

The people I feel sorriest for are the National Guard members. We have lots who live around here. They would get sent back to Iraq/Afghanistan over and over and over. It wasn't what they signed up for...during Vietnam people signed up for the Guard to stay out of combat. But to have someone as devoid of character and ethics as our current president is a true cross to bear.

I go back to my original proposal. Let every member of the "well-regulated militia" sign up first. No gun, get out of military service free...at least our country would be safer.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Seriously?

The history of the CIA/MI6 backed coup in Iran is well accepted fact, undisputed by anyone. The only one believing some kind of propaganda here is you.
I have said all that I am allowed to say on the subject.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would it be any better to allow Iran to attack oil tankers with mines? Those aren't unmanned.
And they weren't our tankers.

TOKYO

The Japanese government has been requesting the United States for concrete evidence to back its assertion that Iran is to blame for the attacks on two tankers near the Strait of Hormuz on Thursday, government sources said Sunday.
But Japanese government officials remain unconvinced, the sources said. "The U.S. explanation has not helped us go beyond speculation," said one senior government official.

Japan demands more proof from U.S. that Iran attacked tankers - Japan Today

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry but what does turning Iran into a nuclear wasteland and Jerusalem one of islams holiest sites achieve?

To put it simply...The religious fanatics in Iran believe in a time distress the 12th in the line of imams, also known as the Mahdi will return. Perhaps even with Jesus. If they're in a war, about to loose they hope that can inspire the Mahdi to return and give them victory.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This position ignores reality. The Iranian people want to love just as much as any human wants to live. To suggest that they would use a nuclear weapon in a haphazard fashion ignores the reality of the world we live in today. Nuclear weapons gets you left alone; every country that has them knows that, including the country that used nuclear weapons.
See post above this one

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What would you consider an appropriate response
First absolute proof that they shot it down in international waters. If they did, they need to pay us the cost of the drone, that's it. Then wait and see what happens.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What would you consider an appropriate response
I say send a couple destroyers with around 97 tomahawk cruise missiles and take out a bunch of their anti-air missile sites to send a message. Then carry out the plan of the day.
murica.jpg

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yeah it seems like war with Iran would stand to benefit Israel and Saudi Arabia a lot more than it would ensure any security for the US.

But at least Trump got a village named after him so, it's not a total loss for us.
In the Golan Heights, no less. So much winning, thanks Trump!

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Iran shoots down US drone aircraft, raising tensions further in Strait of Hormuz

Iran shot down a United States military drone on Thursday, further escalating the already volatile situation playing out between Washington and Tehran in the Middle East.

Iran's Revolutionary Guard said it had shot down an "intruding American spy drone" after it entered into the country's territory Thursday.
A US official confirmed to CNN a drone had been shot down, but said the incident occurred in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world's most vital shipping routes.

That would be an act of war, would it not? Shooting down another countries aircraft in international airspace?

Watch the defenders of Iran rise up.
Hook, line and sinker...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First absolute proof that they shot it down in international waters. If they did, they need to pay us the cost of the drone, that's it. Then wait and see what happens.

They released a video of the missile lunch.

Is that enough proof?

You really think after shooting down, they will pay a bill for it? After they laughed at us as continue to chant death to America, then what?

Upvote 0