Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The WH press secretary said the three died fighting for the administration. See: MSN
Maybe that is why most replies seem they accept the status quo. The government hasn't taught them to think outside the box. Not one mentions withdrawal.

I just thought this but as a Christian maybe the status quo might be an option to prevent the Ezeicial 38 scenario with the king of Persia. This is for another discussion.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,604.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We've done a lot of nasty things for regime change and for whatever we did in the past. I can't think of one that did us any good. Thank you for the information I need to read about that.
Three examples off the top of my head.

Nazis to Federal Republic
Japanese empire - Japanese democracy
Japanese occupation of South Korea and threat of communism versus successful democracy of today.

Both Iraq and Afghanistan were also given the choice of a better way, basically they said no and so remain excrement trenches.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Three examples off the top of my head.

Nazis to Federal Republic
Japanese empire - Japanese democracy
Japanese occupation of South Korea and threat of communism versus successful democracy of today.

Both Iraq and Afghanistan were also given the choice of a better way, basically they said no and so remain excrement trenches.
You are wrong, we didn't do these for regime change.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,604.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feels like someone doesn't care about us fighting for a lost cause and losing American soldiers.

Maybe you are misunderstanding the cause here. America and Jordan are cooperating in the fight against the Syrian - Iranian drug trade which helps finance the Iranian backed militias in the region. These are causing death and mayhem everywhere they go. It is a good thing to be helping Jordan like this and a help to the region. Backing down from deeply evil guys seems less sensible.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe you are misunderstanding the cause here.
I feel that I'm not.
America and Jordan are cooperating in the fight against the Syrian - Iranian drug trade which helps finance the Iranian backed militias in the region
Disagree with the drug trade because Iran has plenty of money from oil. Those people have a Religion that is strict in the use of drugs how does Iran make its money?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These are all successful examples of the most profound kinds of regime change. The point is it is possible
I'm talking about America's regime change not what other countries have done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Peter talks about the difficulties of a "shock and awe" scenario but offers an alternative. It's just the shock, not the awe.

Who is "Peter", and why should I care what he has to say about anything?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who is "Peter", and why should I care what he has to say about anything?
It might educate you. Just like it has educated me. I'm an open-minded person who can handle differing viewpoints even if it goes against mine. I just try to think things through. Not just criticize a different person's point of view without even hearing it.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,214.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And your point? How long does this go on forever? Let Middle Eastern countries worry about themselves.
It goes on for as long as the US desires global hegemony. So it won't end unless the US is pushed out. Thankfully they have suffered some major losses in the Middle East with Afghanistan and their efforts to contain the Houthis have failed.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It might educate you. Just like it has educated me. I'm an open-minded person who can handle differing viewpoints even if it goes against mine. I just try to think things through. Not just criticize a different person's point of view without even hearing it.
Still don't know who Peter is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It goes on for as long as the US desires global hegemony. So it won't end unless the US is pushed out.

Iran would celebrate the US leaving for sure. At that point, Iran could freely arm their proxies with no interference from the US. Iran's ultimate goals is to reduce US & Israel's power in the region and establish Iranian hegemony in the region.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,214.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Iran would celebrate the US leaving for sure. At that point, Iran could freely arm their proxies with no interference from the US. Iran's ultimate goals is to reduce US & Israel's power in the region and establish Iranian hegemony in the region.
Alright and why is that America's concern? Must America dominate the globe in your opinion?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you think the other Middle Eastern countries would allow Iran hegemony? Iraq held Iran in check till Bush came along, Saudi Arabia and Iran doesn't see eye to eye. We have no business handling Iran for other Middle Eastern countries. We can use them like we are using Ukraine.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thankfully they have suffered some major losses in the Middle East with Afghanistan and their efforts to contain the Houthis have failed.
Your thoughts about America don't mean a thing to me. What is New Zealand doing about the Houthis? You do know this will affect your economy also.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0