✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Iran got their answer today and more to come.....:

U.S. Central Command said that American forces, using long-range bombers flown from the United States and other aircraft, hit more than 85 targets affiliated with the Quds Force, a powerful unit of Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ (IRGC), and local militias it supports. Among the including command centers, intelligence sites and drone storage sites.

The operation appeared to mark the opening of what officials have said would be a multiday campaign aimed at various targets close to Iran, which the Biden administration has blamed for spiraling bloodshed following the start of Israel’s war in the Gaza Strip, including a drone attack Sunday that killed three U.S. service members and injured dozens more at a remote outpost in Jordan.

“Our response began today. It will continue at times and places of our choosing,” President Biden, who oversaw the repatriation of the slain soldiers’ remains earlier on Friday, said in a statement. “Let all those who might seek to do us harm know this: If you harm an American, we will respond.”

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Iran got their answer today and more to come.....:

U.S. Central Command said that American forces, using long-range bombers flown from the United States and other aircraft, hit more than 85 targets affiliated with the Quds Force, a powerful unit of Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ (IRGC), and local militias it supports. Among the including command centers, intelligence sites and drone storage sites.

The operation appeared to mark the opening of what officials have said would be a multiday campaign aimed at various targets close to Iran, which the Biden administration has blamed for spiraling bloodshed following the start of Israel’s war in the Gaza Strip, including a drone attack Sunday that killed three U.S. service members and injured dozens more at a remote outpost in Jordan.

“Our response began today. It will continue at times and places of our choosing,” President Biden, who oversaw the repatriation of the slain soldiers’ remains earlier on Friday, said in a statement. “Let all those who might seek to do us harm know this: If you harm an American, we will respond.”

Cue republicans discovering their love for peace and diplomacy.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,214.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I really do hope that we killed the correct high ranking commander involved in the attack upon Tower 22. If we did get the right man, and I believe we did, then he deserved to die. IMO
I'm interested in how you reach the conclusion he deserved to die. Does anyone who oppose American Imperial interests in the middle East deserve to die? Is the Middle East simply part of the USA now?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had forgotten the difficulties of attacking Iran because of the mountain terrain but I think Peter Zehan has a good third alternative and that is to do a surgical strike on Iranian ports crippling their economy. I do agree with Pence and Pompeo about a devastating strike because the Houthis are disrupting Western trade which will lead to higher inflation and this issue doesn't like it will be resolved soon.

"No one wants war; every decent person despises it. Our first step should be to respond to Iran’s deadly attacks with devastating strikes: not only to end Tehran’s escalation and keep American soldiers safe, but to begin re-establishing the model of deterrence that keeps war at bay. The U.S. military must destroy high-value Iranian targets, including Tehran’s nuclear program, navy and oil infrastructure."

This also goes on to talk about our meddling and some of our policy errors.

Facts of the Matter
  • Trump unilaterally scrapped a deal with Iran that all of our allies and our own defense department said was working. As a result, Iran restarted work on a bomb. Details below.
  • The US has made a mess in Iraq (which now threatens to boot US troops), Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, and Ukraine.
  • Going back further, recall Vietnam, and further still when a US-sponsored coup toppled a democratically elected government in Iran.
  • In 2014, US meddling in Ukraine, led by Senator John McCain, played a huge roll in the war.
  • In 2020, Trump illegally assassinated Qasem Soleimani, Iran’s military leader, while on a peace mission in Iraq. President Trump renewed threats to hit back at Iran “VERY FAST AND VERY HARD” in the event of further strikes targeting Americans or U.S. assets.
  • Warmonger fools like senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) piled on, pressuring Trump to ‘Crush Iranian Economy’ By Targeting Oil Refineries After Assassination
  • Left Wing “Liberal Media” cheered the assassinations. The list includes CNN, NBC, the WSJ, CNBC, and USA Today.
  • If Iran mistrusts us, they have ample reason. Who can logically blame Iran for wanting a nuclear bomb?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I had forgotten the difficulties of attacking Iran because of the mountain terrain

Tell me you haven't seen Top Gun Maverick without telling me you haven't seen Top Gun Maverick.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tell me you haven't seen Top Gun Maverick without telling me you haven't seen Top Gun Maverick.
Good show and I would have to watch Top Gun Maverick again to give you anything specific. My memory isn't what it used to be.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Good show and I would have to watch Top Gun Maverick again to give you anything specific. My memory isn't what it used to be.
I'm mostly joking, and they don't specifically mention Iran as the enemy. But with an antagonistic country secretly enriching uranium, with some amount of shoreline and snowy mountainous terrain, the list is fairly short.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm mostly joking, and they don't specifically mention Iran as the enemy. But with an antagonistic country secretly enriching uranium, with some amount of shoreline and snowy mountainous terrain, the list is fairly short.
Trump's blunder of trying to play tough guy has allowed the enrichment. I feel we made Iran an enemy as the article outlined.

"If Iran mistrusts us, they have ample reason. Who can logically blame Iran for wanting a nuclear bomb?"

I am against war but the Red Sea and the killing of our servicemen have aggravated the p out of me. I do agree with Mish about the money. Every dollar that goes overseas is one less dollar to benefit Americans.

"The US wasted trillions of dollars better spent at home, and all we achieved is making more enemies. Is Iran the biggest terrorist nation or is the US?

Voting “no” on sending more aid to Israel would be a welcome start."

Upvote 0