• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Iran shoots down US drone in international airspace

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Jun 20, 2019.

1. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,840
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Iran shoots down US drone aircraft, raising tensions further in Strait of Hormuz

Iran shot down a United States military drone on Thursday, further escalating the already volatile situation playing out between Washington and Tehran in the Middle East.

Iran's Revolutionary Guard said it had shot down an "intruding American spy drone" after it entered into the country's territory Thursday.
    A US official confirmed to CNN a drone had been shot down, but said the incident occurred in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world's most vital shipping routes.

That would be an act of war, would it not? Shooting down another countries aircraft in international airspace?

Watch the defenders of Iran rise up.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Lost4words

Lost4words Like a puppy, i need guidance. Supporter

+2,984
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    No, its only a drone. No lives lost

3. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,840
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    That makes no sense at all. it is an American Military Aircraft shot down in international airspace.

An aircraft with the wingspan of a 737 - this isn't an Amazon four rotor toy.

4. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+14,484
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    What should the US do in retaliation for a destroyed spy robot? What would be an appropriate response to this?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Lost4words

Lost4words Like a puppy, i need guidance. Supporter

+2,984
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    It was unmanned. It was a spy plane!

No reaction needed

6. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+7,937
    Christian
    US claims it was in international airspace, it probably was in Iranian airspace. The US is lying, they do not have a good track record when it comes to telling the truth about things happening in the Persian Gulf.

7. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+2,736
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    There is no way the US is going to admit if they violated Iranian airspace, so at this point it's a he said, he said sort of situation.

8. devin553344

devin553344 Enlighten our lives dear Lord

+1,313
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    We don't want to go to war with a nuclear country. Lives would be most definitely lost. Unless we bombed them from afar. But then there still is a chance of being nuked.

9. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+1,415
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    I wonder what the range of a SAM is, anyway.

Looking it up....

A shoulder-mounted stinger missile is roughly 5 miles, horizontal. Larger surface-to-air missiles reach around ten-mile horizontal range. I imagine vertical gain probably reduces horizontal range, and this was against a high-flying aircraft. International airspace begins twelve miles from the shore. The Straight of Hormuz gets to be around 57 miles across, typically. That leaves a corridor of about 33 miles of international airspace. The aircraft could not likely be shot down from a land-based SAM, because the range would not have reached international airspace. Either the plane was not in international airspace, or the missile was launched from a boat.

If it was from a boat, then it should have been sent to the bottom by now.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. The Faceless

The Faceless Has A Face

+319
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    30 or 40 MOABs

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. -57

-57 Well-Known Member

+1,339
    Christian
    Private
    So, let me get this right..the Iranians always tell the truth?

12. GoldenBoy89

+14,484
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Sure. And while we're at it why not another several trillion dollars and thousands of lives lost in yet another international quagmire. That worked so well last time.

13. -57

-57 Well-Known Member

+1,339
    Christian
    Private
    I don't think Iran has nukes....why? They would have used them on Israel if they had them.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. The Faceless

The Faceless Has A Face

+319
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    It was sarcasm for obvious ridiculousness of the war with Iran starting over an unmanned aircraft. Nobody needs to lose their lives over this instance. Tougher sanctions is the appropriate response. It can't go unpunished.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+7,937
    Christian
    So let me get this right... you actually believe the idea that countries want to use nukes on other countries with nukes?

16. GoldenBoy89

+14,484
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Agreed.

Sorry I didn't catch the sarcasm.

17. The Faceless

The Faceless Has A Face

+319
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I should have upped the MOABs into the thousands. ;)

18. -57

-57 Well-Known Member

+1,339
    Christian
    Private
    Nope.

I believe if Iran gets nukes they will attempt to use them to wipe Israel of the map.

19. Tutorman

Tutorman Charismatic Episcopalian

+1,325
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I would think so.

20. GoldenBoy89

+14,484
    Humanist