Would you recommend using a dating site?

• Yes

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Depends

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've been using FB's dating site lately. Looks like I have a GF from there. We have been swapping messages for months and have now meet twice. We would meet more but covid slowed us down.

dayhiker,

I wasn't aware they had one! Is it on the main site or elsewhere?

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey @LaBèlla & @LadyOfMystery

I've been especially blessed by you two through our conversation on this thread 4 months ago. I did give online dating a try as suggested. I tried several Christian apps, and after much heartache I was about to give up, then a friend told me about "Christian Connect" so I gave it a try. And almost instantly, I met the girl of my dreams through the app. I thank God for leading the way. By God's we plan to be married in Spring time next year..... So I'm just looking back as I wanted to thank you both and for especially recommending online dating. May God grant you both the desires of your hearts :)
Willing heart, praise God and I am so glad to hear this. I just tuned in today reading this thread.

In answer to the question for anyone reading this I would highly recommend Christian cafe. They have a free trial period. If you upload pictures it ends up being 10 days free.
After you can always try the free days that they offer. I have been on there for 6 months and only used the free days that are offered.

It has definitely changed since I first tried it in my 30s 2008 and 2009. But I made some great and lasting friendships to this day and even got some good studies of scripture in by video. one friend has been a missionary for over 10 years in Thailand.

I have a friend in 2008 or 2009 and was studying at Cambridge Post doctorate studies and had tried for 2 years different dating sites and even was engaged once. She was ready to give up and I told her to give Christian Cafe a try, within that first week she met her husband. They have been living in Maine with three children from his prior marriage and two children together. It's been over 10 years.

The last guy that I went on a date with a couple weeks ago, he was through Christian Cafe. I, more than him, have decided that it's not practical because of the distance and many differences we would need more time in person to work through. Relocation is not an option at this time for both of us. We have a great and solid friendship and I am honored to have gone on 4 days of dates with this person. He's definitely a leader in the field of apologetics. And, to add to this, he talked about a friend of his the first time he got on to Christian cafe, no other online dating sites before, he met the girl he was to marry that lived in Romania. Over the past decade the site has changed that there are not as many people as there used to be, but I have met two great guys in these past two months and befriended them. They at least have given me hope for future healthy relationships. (And those that have read one of my prior threads, know that I have a past with unhealthy attractions)

My advice concerning secular, would be for Match and eHarmony for long-term prospects. But I would suggest only one month at a time with each.
Match is much better at proximity then eHarmony if you're not in a large city. The first time that you sign up with match , highly recommend the free coaching session. if they don't give you good recommendations on how to improve your profile, at least they will up your optimism in moving forward with online dating.

Having a great profile picture, activities that you enjoy, and full length current photos is best. Also changing it every few months to keep it fresh. And I think the most important thing is that they see your Christian faith written all over the profile. At least my thinking this time around when I started more than 6 months ago, is I want to write scripture in Jesus all over my page so as to repel those not of the Lord. I can't say it has fully worked but it has weeded out quite a few. Also I know who to respond to, because I'm not just interested in someone who does the same activities as me. I'm also fortunate that I'm gifted in discernment and can speed read through profiles through for keywords.

I have quite a few friends that have been using Zoosk, and it is good for proximity but when I tried it for a couple weeks I only could see bad written all over it. I never paid to reply but I did not see anything good. Nor have I heard anything good as far as finding godly Christians on there from Friends.

I've not had very good experiences with Christian mingle. My account has been hacked. I had someone who was hypersensitive because they had men pretending to be women and he wanted me to prove that I wasn't another scammer. And for me not being in the city, there's not many people with in proximity.

I found taking a break can be really good. And if you're ever doing a fast, like I do a Daniel fast, I also abstain from visiting those sites. During the length season I was doing a Daniel fast and stayed away. I've had some surprises and setbacks with people I have conversed and letdowns, that's when I know I need to take a few days or maybe even a week off before I go back on . And make sure that my mind and heart is set right with Christ, and that I stay anchored in the word.
I hope some of this is informative and helpful to anyone reading this.

Last edited:
Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0