Earth
✟168,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
So I have a question: if fetal cells were used in testing and research (moderna and Pfizer) then does that mean that medicines like acetaminophen, albuterol, aspirin, ibuprofen, Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Tums, Lipitor, Senokot, Motrin, Maalox, Ex-Lax, Benadryl, Sudafed, Preparation H, Claritin, Prilosec, and Zoloft can’t be used either?
Because it’s hypocritical to state that you don’t want a vaccine that has had used fetal cells used in testing while these common medications do the same thing in testing also.

This does not include the Johnson & Johnson vaccine as it does contain fetal cell lines in manufacturing of the vaccine.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So I have a question: if fetal cells were used in testing and research (moderna and Pfizer) then does that mean that medicines like acetaminophen, albuterol, aspirin, ibuprofen, Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Tums, Lipitor, Senokot, Motrin, Maalox, Ex-Lax, Benadryl, Sudafed, Preparation H, Claritin, Prilosec, and Zoloft can’t be used either?
Because it’s hypocritical to state that you don’t want a vaccine that has had used fetal cells used in testing while these common medications do the same thing in testing also.

This does not include the Johnson & Johnson vaccine as it does contain fetal cell lines in manufacturing of the vaccine.
That isn't accurate. Aspirin, for example, has been manufactured long before fetal cells were harvested for drug testing.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And that is because people have been told to do just that, instead of being given a protocol of treatment which would prevent the virus from reaching the point where there are few if any successful treatments. It is as if they wanted people to get really sick and die in order to create an atmosphere of fear.

No I dont think that is true. I just think some people dont think it is serious...until it is.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That isn't accurate. Aspirin, for example, has been manufactured long before fetal cells were harvested for drug testing.
Indeed. But how about for new medications?
But doesn’t fetal cells in drug testing adulterate the ethics of the medications even IF the medications were used long before fetal cells were harvested?

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Everyone is dying at some point...but he has covid right NOW, do you? He may die and he may not. But he now wishes he was vaccinated...like most people in his situation. How YOU see it does not mean everyone sees it that way...
Do you remember when Jesus called Peter Satan? Have any recollection why He did? How was Peter seeing and how was Christ seeing? Were both ways of seeing holy?

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dying un-vaccinated does not give you some special right to eternal life...others who were vaccinated will also have eternal life.
Perhaps they will, but the vaccine is the fruit of the tree of knowledge, having murder (abortion) attached to it. It is unclean. If it was good medicine from God fearing men I would take it. But it's not good medicine. It's evil. You may bless it's use by calling it good and acceptable, but it can never be. Urine cannot be blessed to become holy water. Feces and urine cannot be sanctified to become the Body and Blood of Christ. It is a sin to accept abortion tainted vaccines even to save one's life. Nobody is able to accept this saying, because it is a hard saying in our world that has come to "see" that a life saving medicine can't be anything other than "good". But it's not "good". It's unholy eucharist of the false prophet and beast. Those who can't see its evil will become marked.

• Useful
Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I did have COVID for ~4-5 days - it wasn't "like the flu", it was pretty bad, but thank God, I didn't have any respiratory symptoms, no fever after 48 hours, and I recovered well. I sought help right away, got tested same day.

I was enrolled in a "virtual hospital" and I was told to take ibuprofen. I asked about vitamin D and they told me to not take it because it can be very toxic. Regardless of what CNN told you, vitamin D level was associated clearly with survival in COVID in several studies one of which published in Nature, the strictly most esteemed scientific journal. Also, toxicity is extraordinarily rare even at extreme doses - a recent study showed that 50,000 U / day didn't cause toxicity (that's what I ended up taking for 5 days then switched to every 3 days then back to every week).

Also, and I am not even exaggerating, when I told them I had diabetes they insisted I need to eat a very high carb diet: toast, rice and bananas. Blood sugar and insulin levels are directly correlated with risk of death in COVID. Eating high carbs increases both in a diabetic. They called me every day to ask me how I was (good), but asked me about my blood sugar and when I answered 75 they'd say "that's low" (it's not, it is normal). I had a lot of nausea so I couldn't eat a lot and I would drink bone broth with butter to have some protein and calories in and to absorb my vitamin D easier, and which also upset them to no end... :| That puzzled me: they gave me all the possible bad advice. Nothing helpful - I can live with that, but literally every piece of advice was likely to make COVID worse. Just my experience, just anecdotal.
Thanks for sharing this, Andrei. That's crazy about the diet they recommended for you! I'm the opposite - hypoglycemic (low blood sugar, but produce enough insulin). I have to watch sugar amounts and carbs as well, as well as I can't eat any concentrated sugary foods, like candy bars (chocolate and caffeine, I can't do full on. Only like chocolate chip pastries/cookies. Can't eat molasses or brown sugar either). That makes no sense that they'd tell you to eat what they should know you can't eat that type of diet. That you would know what you can eat, having diabetes. Ugh! And they told you you shouldn't take vitamin D. Crazy. I'm glad you didn't listen!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

The drug companies have never told the public about their use of fetal cells from elective abortions. Nobody knew about these things. Now they are advertising this practice to convince everyone that it's perfectly acceptable and normal to use such medicine so that they will quite naturally agree with using these vaccines as well. They are cunning aren't they?

• Informative
Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So I have a question: if fetal cells were used in testing and research (moderna and Pfizer) then does that mean that....

I have great respect for anyone's individual sincerely held belief in this matter.

But it is important to say this, for anyone browsing and for inquirers: as far as I can tell, no canonical Orthodox Church, at least the ones represented in the Assembly of Canonical Bishops in the US, discourages the use of vaccines. That means that no on here can tell you that you can't take the vaccine because you are Orthodox. This also doesn't mean that the Church can tell you that you must be okay with the vaccine either. They all support individual choice in this matter. By this token, as of now at least, none of the jurisdictions explicitly supports mandates and most of them are openly against them.

My point is not that it is wrong to avoid products that used fetal cells in research. My point is that it is wrong to condemn others for doing so. I guess it's okay to warn them, though.

This does not include the Johnson & Johnson vaccine as it does contain fetal cell lines

I think this is incorrect. J&J used fetal cells in its development. Even fact checkers agree. I believe only Novavax (is that still coming?) is not linked to fetal cells.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think this is incorrect. J&J used fetal cells in its development. Even fact checkers agree. I believe only Novavax (is that still coming?) is not linked to fetal cells.
I’m personally not comfortable with it because of that, even if it doesn’t actually contain fetal cell lines. Using it in the development is more than testing with it. I am glad there is more than one option.

EDIT: Grammar, clarity, etc is very lacking with me today, lol. I’m editing this about 50 times since I keep making spelling and grammar mistakes. Autocorrect on my phone doesn’t help…

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I have great respect for anyone's individual sincerely held belief in this matter.

But it is important to say this, for anyone browsing and for inquirers: as far as I can tell, no canonical Orthodox Church, at least the ones represented in the Assembly of Canonical Bishops in the US, discourages the use of vaccines. That means that no on here can tell you that you can't take the vaccine because you are Orthodox. This also doesn't mean that the Church can tell you that you must be okay with the vaccine either. They all support individual choice in this matter. By this token, as of now at least, none of the jurisdictions explicitly supports mandates and most of them are openly against them.

My point is not that it is wrong to avoid products that used fetal cells in research. My point is that it is wrong to condemn others for doing so. I guess it's okay to warn them, though.

No, Johnson and Johnson uses fetal cell lines in manufacturing.

Pfizer and moderna only used it in research and development.

I stated in my question that it didn’t include the J&J vaccine because it DOES include fetal cell lines in the manufacturing of their vaccine.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

I also agree. We shouldn’t condemn anyones choice with their body nor force them to do anything they want to do or don’t want to do if they aren’t willing to are are will to consent to it. If that makes sense.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,770.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I think this is a fair question, but it no longer seems difficult to me. The answer is pretty simple. There are a great many things ongoing in our lives in which we participate, in small ways which sometimes we do not even notice or are unaware of, in sin. It may be what we do, certain foods we eat, habits we have, or words we say, or even drugs that we use. As we discover things genuinely wrong with them, we begin to exclude them from our lives. We didn't know, so our guilt is limited, but when we learn, our guilt is greater. So if you are reasonably sure that something you do, use, eat, or say is wrong, then stop it. Yes, it is as simple as that.

I have long spoken on how wrong words, words that are lies, enable the spread of sin. It's an analogy to the issue of the use of medicines.

Upvote 0

Antoni

Aug 17, 2019
NorthEast
✟51,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Right now there is an ongoing pandemic of Hand foot mouth disease and mono across Europe and the US. In my practice, are seeing multiple cases a day which is HIGHLY unusual. There is an uptick of patient coming in newly diagnosed with cancers and autoimmune issues. My wife’s godbrother just dropped dead after going to the gym - in his forties, healthy, vaxxed. Young people getting myocarditis at unprecedented rates and now fda approves emergency use for 5-11 year olds.

Anyone who has a functioning brain and has been in the medical field for a while knows something very strange is happening, and those with blinders on or in denial fail to see what is right in front of their eyes. Volumes in ERs and urgent care centers are 50% greater than normal, and this is at a time when Covid cases are lower. People formerly healthy are getting sick and dying at increasing rates and the only logical explanation I see has to do with you know what. At what point does a person finally make the connection? That lies in the individual, in who they listen to and what they perceive to be reality. CAREFUL WHO YOU FOLLOW. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord and will listen not to men with agendas or who selfishly profit from these schemes, but to the Godbearing Saints and our God given conscience.

I don’t blame those who took the shot. They were deceived. But to continue to get more doses? And now the push to give to children? People better start waking up. Dark winter is here, at least in the ERs we are seeing it. Time to speak up

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Antoni

Aug 17, 2019
NorthEast
✟51,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry if I am scaring anyone. That is not my intention. I wish harm on no one and I certainly don’t want people to lose hope. If I sound stressed it is because I am, seeing what I am seeing. It is time for everyone to turn to God and pray for all people. This is a great spiritual war that is going on and we need to be prepared spiritually for what lies ahead.

Upvote 0