Jan 12, 2007
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I just responded to Platina and made the distinction I think we can agree on. It is not a formal doctrine, but it IS current practical policy. The Patriarch’s support and words do carry a lot of weight.
Adding to this,

It is partly because of the "patriarch's" words that Russians in the diaspora are victims of Russophobia. There are other causes as well, such as the media turning a blind eye to the Ukrainian government's own evils and misdeeds, but being what is effectively a spokesman for the Russian government, Russian people, and head of the Russian Church saying "war good" does NOT help at all. Many of my Russian-American friends have experienced discrimination because of this idiot.

Upvote 0

Platina

Nov 3, 2017
Mechanicsburg
✟229,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Adding to this,

It is partly because of the "patriarch's" words that Russians in the diaspora are victims of Russophobia. There are other causes as well, such as the media turning a blind eye to the Ukrainian government's own evils and misdeeds, but being what is effectively a spokesman for the Russian government, Russian people, and head of the Russian Church saying "war good" does NOT help at all. Many of my Russian-American friends have experienced discrimination because of this idiot.
Absolutely. Many of the MP's Churches outside of Russia are suffering because of him as well.

Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0