Nashville
✟538,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Where could one find a parish backs this view?
It’s very difficult. I have found a parish that warms my heart, however, I have yet to talk to the priest about his views regarding this post. Although, I would say that there are parishes that have individuals that may agree with this post, but not everyone may agree with it. Just my two cents.

Reactions: Melily
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
How far we have fallen! People were so devout in the past, but devoutness is so hard to find nowadays. "It is because people have stopped living spiritually. They interpret everything using worldly reasoning and banish divine Grace." -- St. Paisios of Mt. Athos

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Samizmoot

Sep 29, 2021
Isle of Wight
✟1,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
A sizable group in my parish would agree with it, including the larger families. And the parish openly discusses what to do about what's happening and what's coming.

Some would not agree, but we all try to be gracious and get along.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SingularityOne

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2018
Nashville
✟538,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I did not read all of it but found it somewhat like an evangelical conspiracy essay. Much of it was very unscientific especially regarding vaccines. No vaccine is 100% protective and all vaccines can produce side effects in some people. I agree with some of what was said but other things said I do not agree with. The article author does not understand mRNA vaccine technology. Sorry...
Please let me know what you think after you finish it in it’s entirety! I just finished it and didn’t come to the same conclusions. However, I’m curious as to what you think after reading the all of it.

Upvote 0

SingularityOne

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2018
Nashville
✟538,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
We've found it to be a very sore subject and we don't discuss it. If we do some people can become upset.
That disheartening. The fear of man and the distortion of true love coupled with Truth is growing... my the Lord bless us all with more faith, courage, and discernment.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That disheartening. The fear of man and the distortion of true love coupled with Truth is growing... my the Lord bless us all with more faith, courage, and discernment.
There is only one thing that prevents me from being vaccinated, and nobody has asked me what that is lately except for my wife and maybe my youngest son. Neither of them is getting vaccinated either. My priest asked me months ago if I had been vaccinated or if I was going to be and I told him at that time I'd not been vaccinated but only because I didn't think I needed to be. I've never told him or anyone else in the parish except some members of my household why I've chosen to abstain. If I told them the truth I suspect they may go nuts over it, because to "reasonable people of the world" it would seem I'm out of my mind. I'd tell them if they asked and I had sufficient time to explain and defend it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Antoni

Aug 17, 2019
NorthEast
✟51,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I did not read all of it but found it somewhat like an evangelical conspiracy essay. Much of it was very unscientific especially regarding vaccines. No vaccine is 100% protective and all vaccines can produce side effects in some people. I agree with some of what was said but other things said I do not agree with. The article author does not understand mRNA vaccine technology. Sorry...

considering this experiment using mRNA to produce toxic spike proteins is the first ever tried on humans and all previous animal studies were a complete disaster, I would say that neither do the scientists understand mRNA vaccine technology.

or worst case scenario, there is malfeasance involved, and they know exactly what they are doing. Considering it was sold to the public to just remain in the deltoid muscle but we are finding out it was actually designed to spread throughout the body, including crossing the blood-brain barrier, I don’t think malfeasance should be easily dismissed.

Upvote 0

SingularityOne

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2018
Nashville
✟538,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There is only one thing that prevents me from being vaccinated, and nobody has asked me what that is lately except for my wife and maybe my youngest son. Neither of them is getting vaccinated either. My priest asked me months ago if I had been vaccinated or if I was going to be and I told him at that time I'd not been vaccinated but only because I didn't think I needed to be. I've never told him or anyone else in the parish except some members of my household why I've chosen to abstain. If I told them the truth I suspect they may go nuts over it, because to "reasonable people of the world" it would seem I'm out of my mind. I'd tell them if they asked and I had sufficient time to explain and defend it.
Yeah, it does take a short conversation to explain things, I agree. The world doesn’t understand to the degree it isn’t purified from sin and the passions. I wish people read more of the lives of the Saints to understand the Mind of the Church regarding these times in history.

Upvote 0