NorthEast
✟51,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
ERs are now swamped with seriously ill patients — but many don't even have COVID

basically what we have been seeing lately. NPR writer is chalking it up to unaddressed chronic medical problems which I find hard to believe since doctor offices are also jam packed with people seeking treatment. This is not last year when people were too afraid to go see their doctor.

According to the MSM, its everything else accept for the experimental gene therapy with unknown long term effects. Lord have mercy on us.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ERs are now swamped with seriously ill patients — but many don't even have COVID

basically what we have been seeing lately. NPR writer is chalking it up to unaddressed chronic medical problems which I find hard to believe since doctor offices are also jam packed with people seeking treatment. This is not last year when people were too afraid to go see their doctor.

According to the MSM, its everything else accept for the experimental gene therapy with unknown long term effects. Lord have mercy on us.
yes. It's unfortunate the MSM keeps saying that. All the while, many studies and reports are showing those who are getting covid, sick, or dying from some side effect from the vaccine are surpassing the unvaccinated cases and sicknesses. Something our Holy Elders warned about months and months ago.

Upvote 0

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

upload_2021-10-26_21-40-10.png

upload_2021-10-26_21-42-9.png

Yes. In our area this is also compounded by the fact that some urgent cares and clinics reduced their schedules or closed due to a sudden drop in available staff. The theory proposed here, however, that they resigned due to burnout, is shaky. There is another reason for resignations and you all know it. Of course, once the staff is down below a limit, rolling burnout becomes a problem too, but it wasn't burnout that started the cycle.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟434,490.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
indeed. I definitely spoke to my senior chaplain about how to do this
Getting atheism defined as a religion, and religion as a world view, would be great. Few, though, would be willing to go down the rabbit hole that would show the meaninglessness that an atheist philosophy means. That fact would, however, get atheists who appeal to you to get vaccine exemptions.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Getting atheism defined as a religion, and religion as a world view, would be great. Few, though, would be willing to go down the rabbit hole that would show the meaninglessness that an atheist philosophy means. That fact would, however, get atheists who appeal to you to get vaccine exemptions.

yep. it, along with agnosticism, is recognized as religious belief by the government. hence me doing my part for his accommodation.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,018,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Fr Matt - I heard at a recent Open Office with leadership that there hasn’t been a religious exemption for vaccines in the Navy and Marines for 7 years. Is that the same for all US branches of the military? @ArmyMatt

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Fr Matt - I heard at a recent Open Office with leadership that there hasn’t been a religious exemption for vaccines in the Navy and Marines for 7 years. Is that the same for all US branches of the military? @ArmyMatt

it’s not the case for the Army. I know folks that have gotten religious accommodations for vaccines. the Army takes religious liberty very seriously.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,018,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
it’s not the case for the Army. I know folks that have gotten religious accommodations for vaccines. the Army takes religious liberty very seriously.
That’s good to hear. I was surprised to hear that about our branch.

I do hope that the people who apply for religious exemption actually have a religious objection to the vaccine and don’t just use it as an excuse to not get the vaccine. I am against the executive mandate order 100% but abusing that religious freedom clause could cause problems for the people who actually have true objections, both for this vaccine mandate and other situations allowing for religious exemption / accommodation. It’s good that they have chaplains like you in the military to talk to people about it first to gauge the sincerity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That’s good to hear. I was surprised to hear that about our branch.

I do hope that the people who apply for religious exemption actually have a religious objection to the vaccine and don’t just use it as an excuse to not get the vaccine. I am against the executive mandate order 100% but abusing that religious freedom clause could cause problems for the people who actually have true objections, both for this vaccine mandate and other situations allowing for religious exemption / accommodation. It’s good that they have chaplains like you in the military to talk to people about it first to gauge the sincerity.

I have caught a few that were just trying to use the system. fortunately, they are also checked out by the commander for sincerity as well.

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have caught a few that were just trying to use the system. fortunately, they are also checked out by the commander for sincerity as well.

For some reason this conversation makes me think of M*A*S*H :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟434,490.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There still is a real concern about the mandates, and that is the gap between people who believe they are promoting good and not harm or threat for themselves and others by requiring vaccines by force, and those that believe that it is harm and not good, and therefore it is assault and violence by force, aka tyranny.

There is a huge problem for the first group in any event, and that is the simple fact of forcing people to actively do anything at all by law and the precedent that it creates, with no guarantees at all that that precedent will not be used in the near future against those promoting that use of force in the case. Worse, many do not see that they are using force at all, imagining that voting for a policy leaves the voter as good, kind and gentle. They do not see that mandating anything at all must mean punishment by the government for those who will not comply, which can spark a chain reaction of increasing hostility. Some may say that that is just what those who resist deserve, but it is not terribly Christian to say so. Voting for or supporting any such law is what a fat wise man once called “wielding the fleur-de-lis”, the vicarious use of force. The voter for capital punishment does not pull the trigger, swing the axe, or flip the switch. But he does do so vicariously. If he votes for it, morally, it is the same as if he literally did swing the axe. If people lose their jobs because of a vx mandate, then those here, on this forum, who support that mandate bear equal moral responsibility for firing the recalcitrant and doubters, for leaving them unemployed when the latter make the decisive choice to not obey the mandate, and so, bear responsibility for the consequences of THAT. If such people who reject mandates fall into depression, despair, drinking, thinking of harming or killing others in self-defense or even suicide, if civil conflict and war erupts, or other disasters in the name of the fear of a virus, are those who voted for and supported mandates responsible in any way? I think they are.

As I see it, widespread violence as a result of mandates is inevitable, and those promoting mandates live in a fantasy land, imagining that it couldn’t possibly happen. But I have already seen the despair and desperation that a year and a half of government measures have produced. Mandating these things ratchets them up hard, and seeking to impose such things on others is a form of lust of power (see the prayer of St Ephraim) to achieve a false sense of self-security from death from a virus, covered by a (false) assumption that it will do good for all.

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
DeMoCrAcY (and any derivations thereof) is a type of Tower of Babel. God is so good to us that He reveals these things in real-time. We get to see the folly unfold. Remember, God allowed the tower to be built about halfway before confusing the people. God allowed democracy to reign for a few hundred years before the modern people became so confused and foolish.

There still is a real concern about the mandates, and that is the gap between people who believe they are promoting good and not harm or threat for themselves and others by requiring vaccines by force, and those that believe that it is harm and not good, and therefore it is assault and violence by force, aka tyranny.

There is a huge problem for the first group in any event, and that is the simple fact of forcing people to actively do anything at all by law and the precedent that it creates, with no guarantees at all that that precedent will not be used in the near future against those promoting that use of force in the case. Worse, many do not see that they are using force at all, imagining that voting for a policy leaves the voter as good, kind and gentle. They do not see that mandating anything at all must mean punishment by the government for those who will not comply, which can spark a chain reaction of increasing hostility. Some may say that that is just what those who resist deserve, but it is not terribly Christian to say so. Voting for or supporting any such law is what a fat wise man once called “wielding the fleur-de-lis”, the vicarious use of force. The voter for capital punishment does not pull the trigger, swing the axe, or flip the switch. But he does do so vicariously. If he votes for it, morally, it is the same as if he literally did swing the axe. If people lose their jobs because of a vx mandate, then those here, on this forum, who support that mandate bear equal moral responsibility for firing the recalcitrant and doubters, for leaving them unemployed when the latter make the decisive choice to not obey the mandate, and so, bear responsibility for the consequences of THAT. If such people who reject mandates fall into depression, despair, drinking, thinking of harming or killing others in self-defense or even suicide, if civil conflict and war erupts, or other disasters in the name of the fear of a virus, are those who voted for and supported mandates responsible in any way? I think they are.

As I see it, widespread violence as a result of mandates is inevitable, and those promoting mandates live in a fantasy land, imagining that it couldn’t possibly happen. But I have already seen the despair and desperation that a year and a half of government measures have produced. Mandating these things ratchets them up hard, and seeking to impose such things on others is a form of lust of power (see the prayer of St Ephraim) to achieve a false sense of self-security from death from a virus, covered by a (false) assumption that it will do good for all.

Reactions: truefiction1
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
DeMoCrAcY (and any derivations thereof) is a type of Tower of Babel. God is so good to us that He reveals these things in real-time. We get to see the folly unfold. Remember, God allowed the tower to be built about halfway before confusing the people. God allowed democracy to reign for a few hundred years before the modern people became so confused and foolish.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Justin-H.S.
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sharing this. Thought it was crucial.

GET UP FOR PRAYER, EVERYONE, ALL ORTHODOX!

From Father Elpidius, a Greek hieromonk.

"My dear children, I would like to ask you, before the events that are approaching very quickly, before the greatest grief for all mankind, a grief that has never been before in the life of mankind, to become a prayer chain, a chain of love - a prayer for your street, a prayer for your city, a prayer for your homeland, a prayer for your people.

Get up for prayer, everyone, all Orthodox. To pray for the Protection of God, the protection of the saints, a prayer for our Orthodox brethren.

If you stand for prayer, many places and people will be saved, protected by the Lord Himself.
Under the watchful control of Satan, technology has reached such a development that human life - for none of these builders of the kingdom of Antichrist, has no value and significance. It is Satan, chosen by his followers, who brings technology to all spheres of human life. The devil and his pawns have prepared a terrible fate for humanity. The catastrophe that they intend to commit, BUT the LORD ALLOWS IT, will take millions of human lives. And your prayer chain of love will save entire countries from destruction. The Lord will not give us trials beyond our strength and the prayer that He wants to hear we all know: LORD JESUS CHRIST, SON OF GOD, HAVE MERCY ON US SINNERS - we begin to read every day in

6 a.m.
9 a.m.
12 p.m.
3 p.m.
6 p.m. and who can at midnight at 12 am.

For 15 days

Every three hours, according to the number of the earthly life of our Lord Jesus Christ, we will pray to the Lord 33 times to remember and know to us why the Lord came to earth, why he suffered, and most importantly, so that everyone understands to the end that the Lord saved us from eternal death. I don't think such a prayer will be a burden to anyone.

All these hours at which the Lord wants to hear our prayer are very important hours in our Church, in our teaching. In our Faith, everything matters, and nothing is meaningless. Our Lord's heart bleeds for us, about what we have become and how we are moving away from Him. For very many of you, the Lord's ears are closed, He no longer wants fake prayers and prayers that do not lead to the salvation of the soul for eternal life. The Lord knows all the secret thoughts of each of you. Even the smallest of the smallest is not hidden from Him.

When each of you falls in love with a life partner, he knows what words to say and what actions to do. To the Lord, who gives us life, and everything to life - most of us do not have any words of love or words of respect. Everything is superficial, and everything is only for the fulfillment of our selfish desires. And very often, your verbosity about absolutely unnecessary things, most likely, bothers the Master. Because we were not born to acquire material things here, but we were born to live with dignity, to live according to the Orthodox, and to approach the end of our life, to a worthy entrance into the Kingdom of Heaven.
The Lord no longer believes us. There is no truth in us. We must understand this ourselves.

No matter how much has been said, but it is better to do the work, and not to talk. Take the prayer rope in your hands, and begin to pray, a prayer that is familiar to everyone in our Church as the strongest. Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on us. And don't make excuses for yourself. don't look for excuses. To your own detriment, you will do it. The time of deeds has come - the time of prayer. Prayers are for those who are not indifferent, for those who want to be saved, for those who care about his parents, his brothers and sisters, children and grandchildren, for those to whom God is the Father and the Church is the Mother.

33 times, repeating the prayer, remember the Sacrifice that the Lord made for us at such a young age by human standards. Remember that everything we have is from the Lord.
From early morning, every three hours - the Lord wants you all to meet in your prayers. Everyone who considers himself a believer - all in one prayer. EVERYTHING IS LIKE ONE LIT CANDLE, a candle lit for the Lord. In this prayer we ask the Lord for mercy. But know that Satan burns from such a prayer. His affairs are burning. Demons and their charms are burning!"

Upvote 0

Melily

Feb 3, 2021
Noblesville
✟33,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A patient today told me he has friends in the military taking a dishonorable discharge rather than take the vaccine. He also said having a dishonorable discharge is equivalent to having a felony record which I didn’t know. Really sad.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A patient today told me he has friends in the military taking a dishonorable discharge rather than take the vaccine. He also said having a dishonorable discharge is equivalent to having a felony record which I didn’t know. Really sad.
Yes. So sad this is happening, and happening to so many people in different jobs. This is really not right.

Upvote 0

Antoni

Aug 17, 2019
NorthEast
✟51,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sharing this. Thought it was crucial.

GET UP FOR PRAYER, EVERYONE, ALL ORTHODOX!

From Father Elpidius, a Greek hieromonk.

"My dear children, I would like to ask you, before the events that are approaching very quickly, before the greatest grief for all mankind, a grief that has never been before in the life of mankind, to become a prayer chain, a chain of love - a prayer for your street, a prayer for your city, a prayer for your homeland, a prayer for your people.

Get up for prayer, everyone, all Orthodox. To pray for the Protection of God, the protection of the saints, a prayer for our Orthodox brethren.

If you stand for prayer, many places and people will be saved, protected by the Lord Himself.
Under the watchful control of Satan, technology has reached such a development that human life - for none of these builders of the kingdom of Antichrist, has no value and significance. It is Satan, chosen by his followers, who brings technology to all spheres of human life. The devil and his pawns have prepared a terrible fate for humanity. The catastrophe that they intend to commit, BUT the LORD ALLOWS IT, will take millions of human lives. And your prayer chain of love will save entire countries from destruction. The Lord will not give us trials beyond our strength and the prayer that He wants to hear we all know: LORD JESUS CHRIST, SON OF GOD, HAVE MERCY ON US SINNERS - we begin to read every day in

6 a.m.
9 a.m.
12 p.m.
3 p.m.
6 p.m. and who can at midnight at 12 am.

For 15 days

Every three hours, according to the number of the earthly life of our Lord Jesus Christ, we will pray to the Lord 33 times to remember and know to us why the Lord came to earth, why he suffered, and most importantly, so that everyone understands to the end that the Lord saved us from eternal death. I don't think such a prayer will be a burden to anyone.

All these hours at which the Lord wants to hear our prayer are very important hours in our Church, in our teaching. In our Faith, everything matters, and nothing is meaningless. Our Lord's heart bleeds for us, about what we have become and how we are moving away from Him. For very many of you, the Lord's ears are closed, He no longer wants fake prayers and prayers that do not lead to the salvation of the soul for eternal life. The Lord knows all the secret thoughts of each of you. Even the smallest of the smallest is not hidden from Him.

When each of you falls in love with a life partner, he knows what words to say and what actions to do. To the Lord, who gives us life, and everything to life - most of us do not have any words of love or words of respect. Everything is superficial, and everything is only for the fulfillment of our selfish desires. And very often, your verbosity about absolutely unnecessary things, most likely, bothers the Master. Because we were not born to acquire material things here, but we were born to live with dignity, to live according to the Orthodox, and to approach the end of our life, to a worthy entrance into the Kingdom of Heaven.
The Lord no longer believes us. There is no truth in us. We must understand this ourselves.

No matter how much has been said, but it is better to do the work, and not to talk. Take the prayer rope in your hands, and begin to pray, a prayer that is familiar to everyone in our Church as the strongest. Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on us. And don't make excuses for yourself. don't look for excuses. To your own detriment, you will do it. The time of deeds has come - the time of prayer. Prayers are for those who are not indifferent, for those who want to be saved, for those who care about his parents, his brothers and sisters, children and grandchildren, for those to whom God is the Father and the Church is the Mother.

33 times, repeating the prayer, remember the Sacrifice that the Lord made for us at such a young age by human standards. Remember that everything we have is from the Lord.
From early morning, every three hours - the Lord wants you all to meet in your prayers. Everyone who considers himself a believer - all in one prayer. EVERYTHING IS LIKE ONE LIT CANDLE, a candle lit for the Lord. In this prayer we ask the Lord for mercy. But know that Satan burns from such a prayer. His affairs are burning. Demons and their charms are burning!"

Hi Dorothy, do you have a link you could share with this? Thank you!

Upvote 0