don't prosecute israel for war crimes because israel doesn't commit war crimes.

don't prosecute israel for committing war crimes.

• yes israel doesn't commit war crimes.

• no israel doesn't commit war crimes.

• don't know that israel doesn't commit war crimes.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jan 16, 2014
✟14,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Phileas

Aug 31, 2009
✟8,312.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
don't prosecute israel for committing war crimes because israel doesn't commit war crimes.

this shouldn't be allowed to happen because it just isn't right.

why are more and more people saying prosecute israel for committing war crimes?

because israel doesn't deserve to be prosecuted for committing war crimes because israel doesn't commit war crimes.

Well the 1949 Geneva Convention, signed by Israel in 1951, which sets out the fair treatment of civilians in a war zone states in Article 33, "No persons may be punished for an offense he or she has not personally committed. Collective penalties and likewise all measures of intimidation or of terrorism are prohibited.", and "Reprisals against persons and their property are prohibited." Furthermore Article 53 states "Any destruction by the Occupying Power of real or personal property belonging individually or collectively to private persons, or to the State, or to other public authorities, or to social or cooperative organizations, is prohibited, except where such destruction is rendered absolutely necessary by military operations." If you need any more Article 8 criminalises "Intentionally launching an attack in the knowledge that such attack will cause incidental loss of life or injury to civilians or damage to civilian objects or widespread, long-term and severe damage to the natural environment which would be clearly excessive in relation to the concrete and direct overall military advantage anticipated." There is a pretty strong case that both Hamas and the IDF have repeatedly violated all of these over the past weeks and therefore have indeed broken international law.

A 2013 survey of Jewish Americans by the Pew Group found that only 40% believe that Israel was given to the Jews by God and a mere 38% though Israel was negotiating "in good faith" with the Palestinians.

There are "war crimes" in any conflict - in fact Menachem Begin and Yitzhak Shamir were 2 Israel prime ministers who were leaders of Jewish terrorist groups during the 1940's.
Interestingly I was reading the other day about the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. A Jewish population of 3 million were blockaded into Ghettos by the Germans. They were poorly armed and poorly supplied with disease and starvation rampant. Yet they formed a resistance group digging tunnels to hide civilians and attack the German forces, who labelled them a terrorist group at the time. The irony is palpable.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Well the 1949 Geneva Convention, signed by Israel in 1951, which sets out the fair treatment of civilians in a war zone states in Article 33, "No persons may be punished for an offense he or she has not personally committed. Collective penalties and likewise all measures of intimidation or of terrorism are prohibited.", and "Reprisals against persons and their property are prohibited." Furthermore Article 53 states "Any destruction by the Occupying Power of real or personal property belonging individually or collectively to private persons, or to the State, or to other public authorities, or to social or cooperative organizations, is prohibited, except where such destruction is rendered absolutely necessary by military operations." If you need any more Article 8 criminalises "Intentionally launching an attack in the knowledge that such attack will cause incidental loss of life or injury to civilians or damage to civilian objects or widespread, long-term and severe damage to the natural environment which would be clearly excessive in relation to the concrete and direct overall military advantage anticipated." There is a pretty strong case that both Hamas and the IDF have repeatedly violated all of these over the past weeks and therefore have indeed broken international law.

Interestingly I was reading the other day about the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. A Jewish population of 3 million were blockaded into Ghettos by the Germans. They were poorly armed and poorly supplied with disease and starvation rampant. Yet they formed a resistance group digging tunnels to hide civilians and attack the German forces, who labelled them a terrorist group at the time. The irony is palpable.

There were only around 400,000 in the Warsaw ghetto, not three million. But yes, it seems that a people have become what they once despised.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

GondwanaLand

Dec 8, 2013
✟44,972.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't think the Jews are interested in being the victims of a 2nd Holocaust...
The current Deputy Speaker of the Knesset (among others in the Knesset like that Ayelet chick) sure seems intent on making the first moves toward them being the perpetrators of a 2nd Holocaust....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Blessedj01

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN said:
Maybe our country should spend money in Mexico, instead of richer counties.

You're just biased because you think Israel are the bad guys. Not everybody shares your view. In my country we have people saying the same thing or asking for boycotts, but they forget we rely on millions of dollars worth of trade and exports from Israel and that they buy into our economy. We also rely on things like their research and military's intelligence.

I think you'll also find Mexico receives money as well and probably a lot of law enforcement aid. I'm no expert on financial aid but I think there's a lot of deals and agreements that go into it as well as probably a lot of well thought out reasoning.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think Hamas is either. :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :sorry:

According to their charter, they may well be interested in being the perpetrator of a second Holocaust but you are correct they aren't interested in being the victim of one.

Upvote 0

Senator Cheese

Master of Cheese
Feb 4, 2014
✟16,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't think Hamas is either. :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :sorry:

A government that follows a religion that praises suicide bombers as martyrs and promises virgins for sexual favors in "paradise" doesn't care much for the welfare of its people.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A government that follows a religion that praises suicide bombers as martyrs and promises virgins for sexual favors in "paradise" doesn't care much for the welfare of its people.

wow. Impressive it looks like you've managed to work two stereotypes in to one non rebuttal! :D
tulc(is pretty impressed) :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by faroukfarouk
Hamas needs to renounce violence.
Once Israel does of course. :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :)
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
I don't think the Jews are interested in being the victims of a 2nd Holocaust...
Perhaps because their women have to dress like this:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You're just biased because you think Israel are the bad guys. Not everybody shares your view.
Actually I've never could understand, why our government give money to a country, that doesn't need moneyit. And that was way before this war. Actually I never thought of Israel as the bad guy, until this battle and I read what's going on.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think Israel has committed some serious war crimes.

Israel Charged with War Crimes and Genocide. Complete Judgment of Kuala Lumpur Tribunal | Global Research

10.5 The Tribunal deplores the failure of international institutions to punish the State of Israel for its crimes and its total lack of respect of International Law and the institutions of the United Nations. It urges the Commission to use all means to publicise this judgement and in particular with respect to the Parliaments and Legislative Assemblies of the major powers such as members of the G8 and to urge these countries to intervene and put an end to the colonialist and racist policies of the State of Israel and its supporters.......................

Then there is this:

Bush, Blair found guilty of war crimes in Malaysia Tribunal: Complete Text of JudgmentKuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal Read Extempore Judgment of the KL War Crimes Tribunal (PDF) Download Extempore Judgment of the KL War Crimes Tribunal Judgment of the Court (PDF) WATCH TV NEWS : PressTV - Bush, Blair found guilty of war crimes Bush, Blair found guilty of ...

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0