International Women’s Rights Orgs Quiet On Kidnapping And Sexual Violence In Israel

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
A spokesperson for Equality Now told the DCNF that it condemns “any use of sexual and gender based violence as a weapon of war, which is a grave violation of international human rights” and that the protection of women and children should be “prioritized.” The spokesperson did not answer the DCNF’s questions about why the organization had not made a public statement on Hamas’ attacks against Israeli women.

The Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) and the Global Fund for Women (GFW), have similarly not mentioned the violence in Israel. GFW blames Israel’s “military occupation” for gender-based violence and has an entire section of its website dedicated to the “gender-based violence against Palestinian women, girls, and gender nonconforming people.”

The MeToo Movement...

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,096.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A spokesperson for Equality Now told the DCNF that it condemns “any use of sexual and gender based violence as a weapon of war, which is a grave violation of international human rights” and that the protection of women and children should be “prioritized.” The spokesperson did not answer the DCNF’s questions about why the organization had not made a public statement on Hamas’ attacks against Israeli women.
They had. The same day as this rag complained that they hadn't. The spokesperson from Equity Now was quoting from that public statement.

"As we witness the escalation of conflict in the Middle East, we condemn any use of sexual and gender based violence as a weapon of war, which is a grave violation of international human rights. All perpetrators must be held to account within the context of the rule of law.

The specific needs and vulnerabilities of women and children on all sides should be prioritized.

We highlight the importance of working towards lasting and sustainable peace through reinvigorated efforts via the Middle East Peace Process. This should be done in accordance with international law, with women involved at every stage."

And from the GFW web page: Global Fund for Women (GFW) - Cultures of Resistance

"During times of crisis, such as the drastic escalation of violence in Palestine and Israel, women’s organizations are among the first groups to coordinate relief for their communities and to organize for peace. Global Fund for Women believes that strong women’s and civil society organizations are critical to decreasing the violence. They therefore support both Israeli and Palestinian women’s rights organizations inside Israel and Palestine – both Gaza and the West Bank. Global Fund is one of the few organizations that actively provide funds, over $1 million since 1989, and support for women working for peaceful change in this region."

Did you bother checking yourself? I guess not. Am I surprised? Not in the slightest.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
They had. The same day as this rag complained that they hadn't. The spokesperson from Equity Now was quoting from that public statement.
Well I'm glad that, as you would put it, "this rag" gave them a heads up to speak up.

WILPF, MeToo and GFW did not immediately respond to the DCNF’s request for comment.

Did you bother to check that for yourself? I guess not. Am I surprised? Not in the slightest.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,096.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Did you bother to check that for yourself? I guess not. Am I surprised? Not in the slightest.
Good grief. That's not much better than 'I am, so what does that make you?' If you want a little quip to finish your posts, emphasise your position and have a little dig at the same time then make one up yourself.

They didn't have to reply because they already had comments on their web pages stating their position. Unequivocally. The rag you quoted said 'they didn't reply' and they used that to try and convince you that they didn't want to because of some perceived bias against Israel. They didn't expect you to check. But now you've read both websites you know better.

You should look for better 'news' outlets that don't treat their readers like fools. And hey, you'll never guess who founded the thing? That bastion of truthful journalism, Tucker Carlson!

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I'm glad that, as you would put it, "this rag" gave them a heads up to speak up.

WILPF, MeToo and GFW did not immediately respond to the DCNF’s request for comment.

Nor am I surprised that in the face of US unity, you're out grazing the internet trying to stir up dissension.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
They didn't have to reply because they already had comments on their web pages stating their position. Unequivocally. The rag you quoted said 'they didn't reply' and they used that to try and convince you that they didn't want to because of some perceived bias against Israel. They didn't expect you to check. But now you've read both websites you know better.
If they had replied to the DCNF before they updated their websites; the DCNF wouldn't have run the story.

I'm glad that the DCNF lit a fire under their butts, to get them on board, to speak out against these atrocities.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Nor am I surprised that in the face of US unity, you're out grazing the internet trying to stir up dissension.
I find it interesting that you view rallying up unity as stirring up dissension.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,096.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If they had replied to the DCNF before they updated their websites; the DCNF wouldn't have run the story.

I'm glad that the DCNF lit a fire under their butts to speak out against these atrocities.
Yeah, some insignificant rag of a 'news' outlet has a stopwatch running and decide that some organisations that they are trying to convince you are pro Palestine haven't updated their web sites quickly enough to reflect some terrorist action in the Middle East that happened on the Saturday. So quick, call them immediately and if they don't reply by Monday morning, run the story. Doesn't matter if one of the organisations already had comments up and forget that the other updated it on the Monday. Because everyone who reads the rag will trust whatever they write and no-one will check.

And your position is that we can all thank Carlson's 'news' outlet for prompting the organisations to do the right thing and prove that they are not pro Palestininan. Because gee, otherwise you'd think that they were. Lucky for us that we now know the truth.

Thank you, Tucker!

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
And your position is that we can all thank Carlson's 'news' outlet for prompting the organisations to do the right thing and prove that they are not pro Palestininan. Because gee, otherwise you'd think that they were. Lucky for us that we now know the truth.

Thank you, Tucker!
Why would anyone think such a thing?

"Palestinian women, girls, and gender diverse and gender nonconforming people face multiple sources of violence—from the Israeli military occupation to a society dominated by patriarchy. Activists and women human rights defenders are fighting to end the widespread—and, in some cases, legally sanctioned—impunity for violence against women, sexual and gender-based violence, and femicide in Palestine."

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,096.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why would anyone think such a thing?
They'd think that because the 'news' outlets they read selectively quote from one of the web pages which specifically deals with Israeli violence and don't bother to tell you about their overall views about violence from both sides. They'd think that the 'news' outlet had a reasonable position. If all they did was trust what they told them without checking for themself.

Lucky that someone did so at least we know the truth of the matter. But unfortunately I will guarantee that whatever number their readership is, not one of them will check. And so the 'news' outlet has convinced people that they know what the truth is. When they actually don't.

Kinda Carlson's MO, isn't it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
the web pages which specifically deals with Israeli violence and don't bother to tell you about their overall views about violence from both sides.
Hmm... that seems a little biased. Why wouldn't their website talk about the violence on both sides?

Doesn't it seem a wee bit lopsided that Palestine has a full blown spot on their home page, in the wake of the atrocities in Israel; but Israel gets no mention (other than how terible they are in the article)?

1696906469371.png

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,096.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hmm... that seems a little biased. Why wouldn't their website talk about the violence on both sides?

Doesn't it seem a wee bit lopsided that Palestine has a full blown spot on their home page, in the wake of the atrocities in Israel; but Israel gets no mention (other than how terible they are in the article)?
I'm sure you'll use it to confirm anything that you'd prefer to believe. But my work is done...

Upvote 0