Does learning about evolution make you uncomfortable?

Does learning about evolution make you uncomfortable?

• I am an evolutionist and learning about evolution makes me uncomfortable.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I am an evolutionist and learning about evolution does NOT make me uncomfortable.

Votes: 34 73.9%
  • I am an creationist and learning about evolution makes me uncomfortable.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I am an creationist and learning about evolution does NOT make me uncomfortable.

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Btw, sorry I didn't mean to insult your beliefs but I just find that I don't have enough faith to be an atheist.
Excellent video! Superb!

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
There’s seven billion people on this planet, and you think he’s making time for you? Really?

Yeah, sadly the devil is everywhere just as much as God is. I've learned to ignore the devil and focus on the Lord though because once he learns he can't bother me he just vanishes. :)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There’s seven billion people on this planet, and you think he’s making time for you? Really?
1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You’ve ran the numbers, right?
Don't need to.

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Don't need to.

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Satans’s in prison?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the purpose of this thread, the following definitions apply:

Evolution - Biological evolution as explained by the modern scientific Theory of Evolution.

Evolutionist - One who accepts the modern theory of evolution including common ancestry of life on Earth.

Creationist - One who believes that organisms / populations of organisms were created independently, and that life on Earth does NOT share common ancestry.​

For learning about evolution, this includes credible sources for education on the subject of biological evolution. Learning about evolution does NOT include material published from creationist sources.

Imagine you had to take a university-level course on biological evolution. Consider the material you would need to learn/study in such a course.

Disclaimer: This is not a discussion about atheism versus theism. This is not about whether one is a Christian or not.

It is quite telling that you define credible sources as only those that are known to support your position. For that reason alone, this ends my discussion in this debate.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reading an actual book on ToE?

I heard that someone who was writing one of those books started to evolve an extra finger, for faster typing. Apparently it was quite painful. Maybe Evolution is dangerous?

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,076.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It is quite telling that you define credible sources as only those that are known to support your position. For that reason alone, this ends my discussion in this debate.

There are plenty of credible sources out there that critique the current modern evolutionary synthesis. Look at the work of Germ Mueller, Stuart Newman and Massimo Pigliucci, for instance.

It's just that none of them are inserting religious beliefs into the biological sciences.

Upvote 0