✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I HAD NO IDEA! - YOU?

Wow..Hey all...it's been a while since I hung out here...
I'm a lot more humble now...not sure if that's a good thing or not yet.

Now, I certainly don't claim to know it all, but i just didn't see this one...
What am I talking about? Well, it kinda has to do with everything, but I'll try to explain quickly.

When we're warned about the number of the beast in Rev, we are told to "count". I believe the proper definition for the word is "to count over a long period of time, as with stones worn smooth from rushing water"...meaning that it is not something that we can "count" only today, or at any one particular time...as it is a "thing" that has been occurring or re-occurring over and over again in our history, just as a stone is constantly being worn smooth by the rushing water in a stream.

Daniel covers this same subject when he speaks of the former, present (to his day) and coming major kingdoms of the world. The same "force" has been present in each of those kingdoms and it's still with us today...but it's not confined to one major city center as some suggest. It's not Rome or Jerusdalem or Washington or London...Just as all of those "empires" of old spread well beyond their centers, so has our current day's bad guys. Today, it is a truly global confederation of corporate giants headed by bankers and secret societies that run our world, because the power behind it all has spread everywhere thanks to tech and how "small" the world has become.

The force behind it we can call Satan for now, and he as well as his angels that follow him are currently in the pit awaiting their release for the final tribulation period...no matter how long that is. I personally think that most of us who consider ourselves christians might not even know that it's the end times until the final 5 months of it, as it is shortened for the elect's sake...but that is really not the argument I want to have with this post.

Satan and his, were punished for corrupting mankind, and according to Enoch's record, for teaching them all things that lead to evil, greed, lust, etc, and while they are right now cast in the pit, they still have certain influence that they can "cast" upon the willing and the weak among us.

Now, I've just started to study Enoch more closely, but I don't think it's so far removed from the truth...at least that which I've gathered from it so far.

The contention I am trying to make, and hopefully gain knowledge from via other poster's remarks, is that it was the same main figures, renamed, in all of the major religions of their times. So, what ever form of weird god worship existed preflood (other than those in Seth's lineage who worshiped YHVH), carried over past the flood, and surfaced...the Assyrian gods came first, and they are the same as the Egyptian gods who followed, who are the same as the Persian gods, who are the same as the Greek gods, who are the same as the Roman gods (and the Norse and Hindu gods too). There's slight changes, but they key players are basically the same...so much so that once you being to study them it's pretty easy to see.

The One needle in the haystack is Christ....
Those other religions emulated the promises of God to man, but did not even come close to doing so. as it will be with Our Lord.

Christianity is supposed to be the opposite of the evil system that has been repeating itself since the flood, but something has been happening to Christianity since the early years, as it's under attack constantly by that same evil force, and it's basically been corrupted at almost every single level.

By Constantine's time, Christianity adopted many of those gods and their dates and their practices, and it has even gotten worse since then, even if the masses of today have no idea. I was raised Roman Catholic and I see the symbols everywhere within that organization. But it's certainly not limited there. ALL major religious denominations show signs of the same type of corruption, whether it's as obvious or not. Most people are not ungry for the Word of God like YOU are here at this forum...most are pew potatoes...agreeing with everything pastor Joe Blow says that God says, or everything Dr Jane May says that God says we should do. (fictional names)

I don't want to pick apart denominations, rather learn exactly what within Christianity has been changed into the old "bad" religions symbols and meanings.

My hope is to open up discussion about these "gods" from our history, and see if I can learn more. See how they are connected and what they are today. To see if something is an "innocent" Christian tradition or a "dangerous" ritual...

I believe that many professing Christians shall be fooled into accepting false christ who must come first before the true Christ. The point is that if your not ready for what is coming, you'll be deceived even if you "think" you follow Christ in an acceptable way, doing what He would have you do.

There's always a lot of bickering on Christian forum sites, so I'd rather not have bickering, but of course anyone is welcome to chime in. If a heated discussion begins, please move it to your own thread of private conversation.
Let's have fun and help each other learn something useful, because time is running out. It's time for a bunch of us to wake up, learn what to do, put the Armour of God on, walk through the valley of the shadow of death and have no fear of evil.

I believe the fallen angels and their leader will be released from their pit for the end of the tribulation. I believe Satan and his angelic followers will pretend to be Christ returning with His angels, and they will attempt to fool the world's population into believing and worshiping him in is false kingdom.

It is said that all those "other" religions had gods and/or half god representations right here on earth. If it's happened repeatedly in history before, we should be willing to accept the possibility that it could happen again...and since the bible tells us so, we better get ready for it.

So, since I think that time is quite possibly close at hand, I'd like to study some of the possibilities further. Anyone interested in this line of thought, please post and I'll be glad to reciprocate.

Thanks
Chris