United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dan 12:4
  • But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
I believe that in scripture "the time of the end," as well as "the last days," refers to the whole New Testament period. That is when knowledge was increased and when the servants of God were sent to "go forth" (to and fro) with the gospel to the whole earth. It started with Christ's death and resurrection after He witnessed the nation of Israel, and it ended with his triumphant return on the clouds of glory. I believe that this is the time of the increase in knowledge and when many (the elect) run to and fro or "go forth" with the power of the Revelation of God, through the Holy Spirit poured out at Pentecost. I believe this refers to the great knowledge through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us and signified by the sign at Pentecost.

Acts 2:14-21
  • "But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
  • For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
  • But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
  • And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
  • And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
  • And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
  • The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
  • And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
This is the uncovering of the seal on the book, the revelation of the Holy Spirit, the time when His servants will dream dreams and have visions, the time when we understand we have one Priest in Christ where we are all made kings and priests unto God through Him. This is the time when we receive the knowledge to understand that we are now all Kings and Priests unto him in His spiritual kingdom. Thus we prophesy, see visions, dream dreams, and interpret mysteries because our knowledge of the Word has increased. The mystery of God kept secret for so long was uncovered by Christ, yet progressively revealed to us in His own time. The whole New Testament period is the time when "that which was kept a mystery or secret" from the beginning, would be revealed by Christ sending the Holy Spirit to enlighten all His Elect. When Christ sent the comforter to us, He began that revelation to increase knowledge in the earth of Him, and I believe it increases more as we near the end of all things. The latter days when Christ gives us a mouth and words of fire where none can gainsay or resist.

Romans 16:25-26
  • "Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
  • But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:"
The mystery is that the congregation of Israel would be made up of Jews and Gentiles, and according to the gospel revealed in the faith of Christ. Note that in Daniel's passage, he is told to shut up the words and seal the book until the time of the end, meaning it was not meant to be understood until that time. While the apostle John is told not to seal up the visions of the book God had given him, meaning it was now to be revealed. That's why it is called the book of the Apocalypse (uncovering), or revealing the secrets of the knowledge that was before kept secret.

Revelation 22:6
  • "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done."
The Lord sent His Messenger to reveal the mystery of what things would shortly be done. And with Christ's death and resurrection, that revelation started and it is revealed to the election of the New Testament Israel of God, while the nation of Israel (in part) is blinded to it.

Daniel 12:4
  • "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."
God's messenger Daniel was told to keep this a mystery until the time of the end when Christ would come, while after Christ came, God's messenger John was told not to keep the things a mystery, but to reveal these things to the servants of God. This necessarily would increase the knowledge that was before restricted. Revelation is given in cryptic symbolism and parabolic imagery so that the wicked might be confounded by its mystery. By contrast, the election is given "of the Spirit" to understand these mysteries or secrets. A principle God explained plainly in places like Matthew 13:

Matthew 13:10-11
  • "And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
  • He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given."
People often ask me, why did God make the book of Revelation so difficult to understand. My answer is always because it is revealed only to those who hold the word of God as their ultimate authority in interpretations, meaning interpretations belong to God (Genesis 41:15-16; 40:8 ). It is the few who want to do that. While, the rest of those who seek worldly, carnal, and extrabiblical interpretations, are confounded by the symbolism. While those who interpret by scripture alone (Sola Scriptura) through the Spirit of Christ, have these truths revealed to them. These are those called of God to receive truth, while others refuse the truth presented by God in love. Visa'vis, even as Daniel in the previous verse 3 prophesied in the symbolism of us being "as" stars. Something Revelation also carries through in that book.

(Continue from previous post)

Daniel 12:3

• "And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever."
We receive the knowledge with the wisdom of Christ Jesus that we are these stars of heaven! Israel were these stars of heaven that were cast down from the kingdom (Revelation 12) representation. It was a mystery not known in Daniel's time, but is now made manifest in the Revelation or uncovering of the mystery of the true nature of Israel, the chosen people of God. That is how knowledge is being increased! The nation of Israel that rejected Christ is like the fallen stars, or the stars cast down from heaven (Revelation 12) that they no longer represent the Kingdom of heaven on earth. For example, the kingdom of heaven representation where they are as stars there is taken from them and given to the New Testament church. That same knowledge of this mystery that is revealed in Revelation 12:4 of the stars cast down from heaven is reiterated in Christ's parable of the Vinyard and the kingdom was taken from those who rejected its true nature.

Matthew 21:42-43
  • "Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
  • Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."
All these things are part of Revelation, the revealing of the mystery/secret in the last days, which encompasses the whole New Testament era. Daniel's prophecy referred to a distant time when Christ would come and bring that Revelation. Daniel's prophesy was fulfilled in Christ going away and sending the comforter/consoler that reveals this mystery and shows us all things that are to come.

John 16:13-15
  • "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
  • He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
  • All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you."
Just as we read in Revelation that the Spirit was come to show John things that were to come, and God reiterated it was to show His servants things that were to come. This is the mystery being revealed, and the knowledge of God's plans being revealed. For example, to one revealed today, to another revealed 2 years ago, and to another revealed tomorrow. It shows us that the stars falling and the moon not giving her light are the messengers of the church (Revelation 2:5), not physical stars falling to earth. Showing us that the great city of Babylon falling is the unfaithful church in captivity, not the world system, New York, Rome, or Jerusalem. Shows us that the two witnesses of Revelation being killed are the faithful messengers establishing truth (Deuteronomy 19:15) within that church, not two men like Elijah and Moses. Shows us that the famine is of hearing the word of God, not starvation in Africa or the streets fill with homeless in Los Angeles. Or that the great harlot decked out like kingdom royalty is actually the false church who has sold herself for gain, and not worldwide economics. ...and so on and so forth. The Mystery is revealed when knowledge is increased. Israel, to whom Daniel prophesied with premature zeal, sought self-righteousness, physical freedom from the Roman government, and signs of the predicted messiah coming to set them free from the rule of the Romans but received none of it. Because their methodology of interpretation was flawed. Daniel's prophecy remained sealed up to them (in part). Because the language of Scripture was designed so that only those who received the Spirit of truth by grace, could have this knowledge.

Lastly, Daniel's prophecy of those running to and fro is not referring to any modern rapidity of locomotion, nor referring to first-century Jerusalem, as some think, nor to Christian missionaries going about to preach the Gospel to the world at large [BARNES], which the context scarcely admits; but, whereas now but few care for this prophecy of God, "at the time of the end," that is, near its fulfillment, "many shall run to and fro," that is, scrutinize it, running through every page. Compare Hab 2:2 [CALVIN]: it is thereby that "the knowledge (namely, of God's purposes as revealed in prophecy) shall be increased." This is probably now being fulfilled.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
We are living in the last times but it has been the last times since the first century
You can't combine the dispensation (administration) of grace (the period we live in today) with the book of Revelation.
There is/are distinct earmarks in the Word that indicate when this administration ceases and the book of Revelation begins.

Attachments

• Prophecy graph.jpg
    Prophecy graph.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We are living in the last times but it has been the last times since the first century
You can't combine the dispensation (administration) of grace (the period we live in today) with the book of Revelation.
There is/are distinct earmarks in the Word that indicate when this administration ceases and the book of Revelation begins.

I still stand by my testimony. I disagree with your interpretation. There is no such thing as "administration of grace" as a "gap" before the book of Revelation can begin after the rapture. The book of Revelation is not all about the future:

Rev 1:18-20
(18) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
(19) Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
(20) The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Obviously, He was talking about His congregation and his messengers (Elect). The Whole New Testament congregation of Israel is actually part of the Book of Revelation.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I still stand by my testimony. I disagree with your interpretation. There is no such thing as "administration of grace" as a "gap" before the book of Revelation can begin after the rapture. The book of Revelation is not all about the future:

Rev 1:18-20
(18) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
(19) Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
(20) The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Obviously, He was talking about His congregation and his messengers (Elect). The Whole New Testament congregation of Israel is actually part of the Book of Revelation.

The word translated dispensation (Oikonomia) is better translated administration.

An administration (dispensation) is not a period or epoch, but a mode (method) of dealing, an arrangement, or administration of affairs. While an administration is not an epoch or period of time…. every administration covers the same period of time that the stewardship is in effect ….and is terminated by death or decree. I am pretty sure God is still alive and that decree will be as Eph 1:10 (below) states.

1Co 9:17 - For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Eph 1:10 - That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph 3:2 - If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Eph 3:9 - And to make all men see what is the dispensation of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things.

Col 1:25 - Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

We know from the Bible God earmarked the period we are in now as the grace dispensation. And if there is one administration, there has to be at least one previous as a demarcation to whatever was before Grace… And when the grace administration ceases, there has to be another if the text continues…which it does….. So, already we have three…. that’s all I need.

Going back to Eph 1:10 and the words in Christ…Those words … and the words in Jesus only give reference to those of us in this grace administration… nobody prior and nobody afterwards and those words are only used between Acts and Jude in reference to the believers …..nothing in revelation and nothing prior to Acts.

The gap…. Which God calls the mystery (secret)…..the Word speaks for itself

Eph 3:4
Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ ↓
3:5, Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Rom 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints.

1Pe 1:10
Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

1Co 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

If the mystery was not known before Pentecost there can be no Old Testament prophecy including the gospels regarding the Administration of Grace. if it wasn't known ...it didn't exist until God revealed it.
What you reference as non-existent gap Is everything that was accomplished through Christ that God accepted on our behalf.....Thank you Father!

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you :) When Peter talked about the sweet sweet holy Spirit being poured out how it was foretold OT "And in the last days it will be,’ God says, ‘that I will pour out my Spirit on all people, and your sons and your daughters will prophesy, and your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams. ". It I believe started there. We know about Israel and how it will be trodded down "And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled."

So we this generation saw Israel born become a nation in a day as it was written. From that day she became a nation I would say as some say we are on borrowed time. We today are witnessing a once blind nations eyes being open to the Messiah. Theres a sight on Youtube oneforisrael where story after story where Jewish people finding Christ or really Christ finding them.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
His servants will dream dreams and have visions
It is ok to talk about dreams because people do not think they have any meaning anyways, other than to take out the garbage and cleanse the mind. But if you have visions it may be better to keep them to yourself.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is ok to talk about dreams because people do not think they have any meaning anyways, other than to take out the garbage and cleanse the mind. But if you have visions it may be better to keep them to yourself.

Says the one who does not want to hear the truth. :)

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why don't you want to hear the truth? It is the truth that will set you free from all your bondage. (John8:32)

Irrelevant to the OP subject. I do not see that you have offered biblical refutation against my OP with Scripture. All I see is your ramblings filled with personal opinions and animosity against truthful testimony.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
All I see is your ramblings filled with personal opinions
You do know that the Bible says we are to give a personal testimony for God and what He is doing in our life. Christians are to share their personal experiences and testimony of how their faith in God has impacted their life. This is often seen as a way to share the good news of the gospel with others and to give glory to God for His work in their lives. The Bible, particularly in the New Testament, encourages believers to bear witness to their faith and to share the message of salvation with others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God’s Holy People in the Last Days:
Isaiah 62:1-12... ..They will be called the holy people; the Redeemed of the Lord.

Daniel 8:23-26 In the last days, when sin is most prevalent, a powerful leader will arise. He will succeed in whatever he does, and will take control of the mighty nations and of God’s holy people. By cunning and deceit, his plans will come about and cause great harm to many when they least expect it. He will challenge even the Prince of Princes, but then will be broken, but not by human hand.
This prophecy tells of events to happen in the distant future.

Daniel 7:23-25 The explanation given is: There will be a 4th kingdom, one that will encompass the whole earth. Initially ten rulers will govern it, but another leader will take over all this kingdom. He will defy the Most High God and will conquer the holy ones of God.

Revelation 13:7 The ‘beast’ is allowed to wage war on God’s people and to defeat them…. Vividly described in Zechariah 14:1-2

Daniel 11:32 By plausible promises he will win over those who will violate the Covenant, but some will resolutely keep their faith.

The Covenant here, is the one between God and His people, for their protection.

The treaty, the 7 year peace agreement of Daniel 9:27, is between the Leader of the One World Govt, and the leaders of the Christian nation of Beulah. It will be broken by the leader of the OWG after the first 3 1/2 years. Daniel 11:31

These Bible prophesies are proof that God’s holy people, His chosen elect people; all those true born again Christian believers; the One people of God, Ephesians 4:4-6, are not removed from the earth, as some would like to think, but are present in the holy Land during the last few years of this age.

As we see in Daniel 11:32 and in Zechariah 14:2b, they divide into two groups, one remaining in the holy Land and the other goes away. Revelation 12:6-17 again shows these two groups; the faithful ones who refused the peace treaty with the leader of the World Govt, taken to a place of safety and those who did agree; Isaiah 28:14-15, must remain. Revelation 12:17

The fact of all the righteous Christians living in all of the Holy Land, before the Return of Jesus, is well prophesied in all of the Bible. Many do not see it because of false teachings and not comprehending the truth of how Christians are now to be the recipient’s of the promises of God, given initially to ethnic Israel, but now available to all true believers. 2 Corinthians 1:20

We Christians look forward to being at last the people God has always wanted in His holy Land.
That is our promise and our great privilege; to be alive to participate at this critical time of mankind’s history.

What I pray all will do, is see the real truth of what actually will happen.

Do you realize what a joke the rapture to heaven theory is? And Satan is delighted at how Christians argue over whether it going to be pre, mid or post!!!!!!!

For all of our lifetimes, this issue has been discussed, argued over, even fought over. Innumerable books, movies, etc, are made about it and still no consensus about when it could happen. There is no Bible verse that says God will take living people to heaven, but those who promote a rapture say; It is there, you just can't see it! Sorry, I can't see it because it isn't there!

There is a huge deception going on here. People have believed false teachers, Paul said they would. 2 Timothy 4:3-4

And God has allowed those wolves to ravage His flock. So most of the Church is not aware of what God really does plan for our future. They are complacent and careless, which means when the hard times come, they won't have the strength of faith to stand firm. Luke 21:34-36 [and don't think ‘escape all these things’, means a rapture, because that idea is pure assumption and conflicts with scriptures as above.]

Upvote 0