Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The point was that in sin the woman had 5 husbands.

From a practical standpoint procreation for all in heaven already happened on earth.

So filling up Paradise is not via procreation again in Paradise.

It is being filled up by procreation on earth. The caveat is that one must accept the gift of God to take one's place in the Garden where they would have had a place had Adam and Eve not disobeyed God once in the last 6,000 years.

Paradise has only been about one family and that of Adam and Eve. Not really millions of families, unless it had remained sin free.

Paradise now is serving God day and night in His Temple. All one equal and happy family. All equal sons of God, not individuals nor families. One house with many rooms, not necessarily a city with many houses, nor dormitories.

Yeah, the human marriages will be gone, but we can still be close to our spouses or boyfriend/girlfriends or become close to new people in the age to come. There's just no human sex though.

There will be only one marriage and that will be between the Lord Jesus and His bride, the church.

You'll just have to trust God that His rewards are so great, we won't even miss sex.

To be honest, a quite depressing idea on eternity.
That's what Earthly kings did to their slaves, made them eunuchs so that they wouldn't be distracted and be totally focused on serving the king.

God and His millions and millions and millions of eunuch slaves, neutered so that all they know is being a slave.
Is that really what people look forward to?

Remember when you were a kid when you first heard about sex and thought, "Eww! I'd rather have (whatever your favorite thing was at that age)? But then you hit that certain age and lost your virginity, you thought, "oh wow! This is much better than I imagined! So much better than (whatever your favorite thing was when you were younger)!"

Well when this age and the millennial age passes, when Judgement Day books are settled and we're in our immortal glory, God is going to give us rewards that will be amazing and satisfying, that we'll all say, "Oh WOW! This is so much better than sex!"

You just have to trust God for that. In the meantime, don't put a dark spin on your thoughts. You're practically accusing God that He'll turn us in to miserable eunuch slaves when He isn't like that. Maybe your dark thinking is what's keeping you afflicted.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, the human marriages will be gone, but we can still be close to our spouses or boyfriend/girlfriends or become close to new people in the age to come. There's just no human sex though.

There will be only one marriage and that will be between the Lord Jesus and His bride, the church.

You'll just have to trust God that His rewards are so great, we won't even miss sex.

Remember when you were a kid when you first heard about sex and thought, "Eww! I'd rather have (whatever your favorite thing was at that age)? But then you hit that certain age and lost your virginity, you thought, "oh wow! This is much better than I imagined! So much better than (whatever your favorite thing was when you were younger)!"
Well no, not really, because I am still a virgin.
God put something like guardrails up around that particular sin. Oh everything else, sin, regret it, repent it..
but that one.. blocked from happening. Even when I tried
even when I got close
SOMETHING happened, that prevented it from happening. Someone barging in, uh... her period suddenly starting, a tornado warning started, her boyfriend I didn't know about called on the phone and was on his way unplanned..

Something always happened.
I still got chastised for the attempt.
until I just gave up.
Well when this age and the millennial age passes, when Judgement Day books are settled and we're in our immortal glory, God is going to give us rewards that will be amazing and satisfying, that we'll all say, "Oh WOW! This is so much better than sex!"
really it's not about sex, it's about intimacy, it's about having a complimentary companion, a help meet for you, and about having a family.

Physical sensations I'm not concerned about, even drugs can produce sensory sensations superior to sex, I've been told as such by a lot of people.
Relationships are what I'm concerned about.
I've been alone all my life, at times feeling totally isolated, even within my own family even within church, even with my "closest" friends I always felt like I was more "tolerated" than "accepted" often not invited for things, unless I invited myself then I was tolerated tagging along. I have always felt like I'm on the outside looking in. Like a homeless child staring into the house of a loving family sitting down to eat dinner with each other. It's cold outside, they look warm. The food looks good, and you're starving, you're all alone, and they're all together, smiling, enjoying each other's company.

Knowing there's nobody for me but a king to serve, makes me feel worthless.. like a robot, just designed to do duties.
no inanimate object reward could trump relationships and love.
You just have to trust God for that. In the meantime, don't put a dark spin on your thoughts. You're practically accusing God that He'll turn us in to miserable eunuch slaves when He isn't like that. Maybe your dark thinking is what's keeping you afflicted.
The imagery came up because of thinking about Daniel, he and his buddies were made Eunuchs to serve Nebuchadnezzar, and it hits a little on the nose. It's what a king does when he wants servants focused on serving him and not having goals of their own happiness.
Make Eunuchs.

Matthew 22:30.

My only bright spots, are that Song of Solomon is scripture, forever.
and Isaiah 65:23.
that maybe we interpret Matthew 22:30 incorrectly.

Upvote 0

Second Time is the Charm

Feb 17, 2023
The South
✟14,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well no, not really, because I am still a virgin.
God put something like guardrails up around that particular sin. Oh everything else, sin, regret it, repent it..
but that one.. blocked from happening. Even when I tried
even when I got close
SOMETHING happened, that prevented it from happening. Someone barging in, uh... her period suddenly starting, a tornado warning started, her boyfriend I didn't know about called on the phone and was on his way unplanned..

Oh my goodness! o_O

Something always happened.
I still got chastised for the attempt.
until I just gave up.

really it's not about sex, it's about intimacy, it's about having a complimentary companion, a help meet for you, and about having a family.

Well, in the age to come after Judgement Day, we will all get to know each other over time. You WILL make close friendships among God's family. Please remember that and take comfort in it.

Physical sensations I'm not concerned about, even drugs can produce sensory sensations superior to sex, I've been told as such by a lot of people.
I've been alone all my life, at times feeling totally isolated, even within my own family even within church, even with my "closest" friends I always felt like I was more "tolerated" than "accepted" often not invited for things, unless I invited myself then I was tolerated tagging along. I have always felt like I'm on the outside looking in. Like a homeless child staring into the house of a loving family sitting down to eat dinner with each other. It's cold outside, they look warm. The food looks good, and you're starving, you're all alone, and they're all together, smiling, enjoying each other's company.

We are first and foremost created to fellowship with God, so make Him your focus. And He will take away that loneliness.

God also knows you need fellowship with other people, but if you prioritize Him and keep Him first, He will send other brothers and sisters into your life too.

Knowing there's nobody for me but a king to serve, makes me feel worthless.. like a robot, just designed to do duties.
no inanimate object reward could trump relationships and love.

The imagery came up because of thinking about Daniel, he and his buddies were made Eunuchs to serve Nebuchadnezzar, and it hits a little on the nose. It's what a king does when he wants servants focused on serving him and not having goals of their own happiness.
Make Eunuchs.

But Daniel and his buddies never came across as unhappy with their lot. The Bible did say they made God their top priority and wouldn't eat the King's food because it was sacrificed to idols. They showed willing loyalty to the Lord.

Matthew 22:30.

My only bright spots, are that Song of Solomon is scripture, forever.
and Isaiah 65:23.
that maybe we interpret Matthew 22:30 incorrectly.

The Song of Solomon isn't just about a human romance though. It's symbolic of the romance between the Lord Jesus and His bride.

Isaiah 65 is believed by many to be about the Millennial Age but there's some debate over that which then involves Matthew 22:30.

I'm just going to wait until the Millennial Age to see how things work out because even though people have various theories about it, it's still not very clear. The only thing I know is when we're transformed, we're no longer married to our spouses and not given in marriage if we're single.

For you, I want to encourage you to delight in the Lord and He WILL give you the desires of your heart (Psalm 34:7). This is something you can do right now. No need to wait until the next age.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
To be honest, a quite depressing idea on eternity.
That's what Earthly kings did to their slaves, made them eunuchs so that they wouldn't be distracted and be totally focused on serving the king.

God and His millions and millions and millions of eunuch slaves, neutered so that all they know is being a slave.
Is that really what people look forward to?
I guess it would be depressing for carnal people expecting to have sex all the time.

Can you imagine how the angels felt? Did they leave the firmament to have sex? Many claim that.

We complain about over population on earth. If God allowed procreation in Paradise, does that mean Paradise is larger than the earth, and needs to be populated?

There is a reason why God removes the memories of sin and death, and lust. Not because God is worried about overpopulation. Some must think life will be boring without sin, death, and sex. Probably Satan's theme after he is loosed and deceives people who never "enjoyed" those things.

Does not Islam promise all that in their eternity?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I can assure you that having a wife and many children can never take that feeling of loneliness away. People cannot solve each other's problems. We cannot even solve the issue, if we are honest with ourselves. You can only deal with it, as something to overcome, instead of being overcome by.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
We are first and foremost created to fellowship with God, so make Him your focus. And He will take away that loneliness.
Adam had fellowship with God, and God said it was not good for him to be alone so, with God.. God still considered Adam alone
and God took away that loneliness by giving Adam a wife.
God also knows you need fellowship with other people, but if you prioritize Him and keep Him first, He will send other brothers and sisters into your life too.
Actually I found myself increasingly isolated due to health, mobility issues, poverty, and frankly even in church, I feel alone in a crowd. I'm not even sure I could convey what that means to someone else but it's the only terms I know to express the most familiar feeling I have.
I'm even allergic to dogs and cats, God does not even permit me to have pets for companionship.
So I have an intangible, invisible spirit as a companion, and a book. Neither of those can even give a hug when you need one.
But Daniel and his buddies never came across as unhappy with their lot. The Bible did say they made God their top priority and wouldn't eat the King's food because it was sacrificed to idols. They showed willing loyalty to the Lord.
Well it also didn't seem like very happy service.. more just resigned to it. It was their willingness to SUFFER for their faith and their God. But that does not make it not suffering.

On the subject of Nebuchadnezzar and Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, not only did the King make them Eunuchs so that they would be better servants, but he also gave them new names, and had them reeducated.

and in the view of eternity that Timtofly and many others seemingly yourself also purport.. what's the promises?
To not marry or be given in marrage and not seek to have spouses and children (made Eunuchs)
To be given a new name (Isaiah 56:5, Revelation 2:17), like the Hebrews were given new names by Nebuchadnezzar
and to be "changed" so that while now I hate singing, in eternity I'll want to do nothing but sing, and reeducated, as Nebuchadnezzar had the hebrews reeducated in the ways of the Chaldaeans.

See I hold a different view of Eternity, where I have been pointed in scripture is a new Earth, not a new Temple, where ALL THINGS are made new (Revelation 21:5-7), including relationships between men and women, including romantic relationships at that, including procreation and childbirth, made anew, different than we know it now, I do not know how it will work, but those things are NOT products of the fall to be corrected.

What I look forward to is:
Romans 8
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also [u[freely[/u] give us all things?

When I begin to believe most of you guys' views of eternity... I don't see glorious liberty, I see Nebuchadnezzar, and bondage as a eunuch in Babylon, brainwashed to love doing something I hate doing, and given a new identity that isn't really who I am, but an identity to make a better slave.
The crazy thing is, there's biblical evidence to point to that bondage eternity so it's easy to believe when people profess it, and even when they profess it in a positive light as you do, I see bondage and slavery in it, rather than liberty

You guys will emphasize service in the temple, and I will see there is no temple on the New Earth, because God Almighty and the Lamb themselves dwell on it.

The Song of Solomon isn't just about a human romance though. It's symbolic of the romance between the Lord Jesus and His bride.
Never mentions God once, and it is about romance, and well, I'm a man, Jesus is a man, romance doesn't exist between men.
Isaiah 65 is believed by many to be about the Millennial Age but there's some debate over that which then involves Matthew 22:30.
Isaiah 65 professes to be about the New Earth.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I can assure you that having a wife and many children can never take that feeling of loneliness away. People cannot solve each other's problems. We cannot even solve the issue, if we are honest with ourselves. You can only deal with it, as something to overcome, instead of being overcome by.
Proverbs 18
22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.

Proverbs 31
10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

Psalm 127
3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Genesis 2
18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

I mean.. the bible seems to disagree with this view.

Upvote 0

Second Time is the Charm

Feb 17, 2023
The South
✟14,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Adam had fellowship with God, and God said it was not good for him to be alone so, with God.. God still considered Adam alone
and God took away that loneliness by giving Adam a wife.

I don't know. You'll have to pray to God about that. If you haven't noticed, that doesn't necessarily apply to everyone.

Actually I found myself increasingly isolated due to health, mobility issues, poverty, and frankly even in church, I feel alone in a crowd. I'm not even sure I could convey what that means to someone else but it's the only terms I know to express the most familiar feeling I have.
I'm even allergic to dogs and cats, God does not even permit me to have pets for companionship.
So I have an intangible, invisible spirit as a companion, and a book. Neither of those can even give a hug when you need one.

Well it also didn't seem like very happy service.. more just resigned to it. It was their willingness to SUFFER for their faith and their God. But that does not make it not suffering.

On the subject of Nebuchadnezzar and Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, not only did the King make them Eunuchs so that they would be better servants, but he also gave them new names, and had them reeducated.

and in the view of eternity that Timtofly and many others seemingly yourself also purport.. what's the promises?
To not marry or be given in marrage and not seek to have spouses and children (made Eunuchs)
To be given a new name (Isaiah 56:5, Revelation 2:17), like the Hebrews were given new names by Nebuchadnezzar
and to be "changed" so that while now I hate singing, in eternity I'll want to do nothing but sing, and reeducated, as Nebuchadnezzar had the hebrews reeducated in the ways of the Chaldaeans.

See I hold a different view of Eternity, where I have been pointed in scripture is a new Earth, not a new Temple, where ALL THINGS are made new (Revelation 21:5-7), including relationships between men and women, including romantic relationships at that, including procreation and childbirth, made anew, different than we know it now, I do not know how it will work, but those things are NOT products of the fall to be corrected.

What I look forward to is:
Romans 8

When I begin to believe most of you guys' views of eternity... I don't see glorious liberty, I see Nebuchadnezzar, and bondage as a eunuch in Babylon, brainwashed to love doing something I hate doing, and given a new identity that isn't really who I am, but an identity to make a better slave.
The crazy thing is, there's biblical evidence to point to that bondage eternity so it's easy to believe when people profess it, and even when they profess it in a positive light as you do, I see bondage and slavery in it, rather than liberty

Hmm.... I think one of the reasons why you don't have friends or a girlfriend/wife is because you're extremely pessimistic and negative about everything. I don't know if you know this, but that kind of attitude and POV is just so LIFE-DRAINING. No one would want to be around some one who drains all the joy and energy out of them. And quite possibly why God won't give you a social and romantic life if you're going to drain the life out of the people He wants to give you for company.

You need to spend more time with the Lord and submit to Him so that He can heal and renew your mind and give you a more positive attitude and outlook that is not draining on other people.

Anyway, gotta bounce.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know. You'll have to pray to God about that. If you haven't noticed, that doesn't necessarily apply to everyone.

Hmm.... I think one of the reasons why you don't have friends or a girlfriend/wife is because you're extremely pessimistic and negative about everything. I don't know if you know this, but that kind of attitude and POV is just so LIFE-DRAINING. No one would want to be around some one who drains all the joy and energy out of them. And quite possibly why God won't give you a social and romantic life if you're going to drain the life out of the people He wants to give you for company.

You need to spend more time with the Lord and submit to Him so that He can heal and renew your mind and give you a more positive attitude and outlook that is not draining on other people.

Anyway, gotta bounce.

The Pessimism stems from the isolation.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 18

Proverbs 31

Psalm 127

Genesis 2

I mean.. the bible seems to disagree with this view.
The Bible disagrees with your perfect view of life while living in Adam's dead corruptible flesh.

Nothing is perfect. Life is just a distraction.

No-one compares eternity to life under Nebuchadnezzar.

We don't even live in eternity in the future. We will live in a different creation totally different from this one. Not a perfect version of this one. Paradise is now, in this creation, the time when they are like the angels. No one is currently having babies in Heaven. They are serving God day and night, and perhaps they have relationships, but not like Adam and Eve in the garden on earth. They are all the descendants living as one extended family of Adam and Eve.

They all were born physically on earth, and only on earth does Adam's family still procreate. We really have no clue what happens after Revelation 21, except what is in that chapter and the next, and even 22 is still talking about current creation after verse 5.

Yes, those verses are true. But only when two people are submitted to God. Two people trying to do their own thing, and just coexisting is the norm in Adam's dead flesh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You may have a point, but pessimism in a marriage can be worse than when one is single.

Getting married cannot fix pessimism. That can be an unbearable burden placed on the spouse of a person who is pessimistic. Unless pessimism is taken away first, a marriage will not take it away after the fact. People should never get married to fix their problems. That is not even what marriage is about.

God instituted marriage with Adam and Eve. But Adam was whole prior to Eve, just lonely. Does marriage make us whole. I don't think so. Not in sin and corruption. It only creates a single fallen Adam with issues. Perhaps people are less lonely, but only if in agreement. A marriage without agreement still causes loneliness.

Many may disagree with me, but God took Adam away from all the other sons of God, and did place him by himself in the Garden. God knew that Adam was alone at that point. God was not taken by surprise that that would happen. Many don't think there were thousands and perhaps millions of sons of God when Adam was placed alone in the Garden. The Garden was not an experiment.

It is interesting that God did not take another son of God and place them with Adam. Probably one reason why many refuse to see there were other sons of God.

Instead, God literally split Adam into two sexes. Now there were two halves of an Adam and that made Adam less lonely being with an opposite copy of himself. Instead of one Adam in peace, there were now two parts of Adam to come together and make one. But neither one would be lonely if they were in agreement with each other.

It would seem that Adam seemed more willing to follow Eve in eating than to loose Eve and be alone again. Certainly Adam could not be split again after Eve was gone. We will never know the alternate, as Adam willfully disobeyed God.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The Bible disagrees with your perfect view of life while living in Adam's dead corruptible flesh.

Nothing is perfect. Life is just a distraction.

No-one compares eternity to life under Nebuchadnezzar.

We don't even live in eternity in the future. We will live in a different creation totally different from this one. Not a perfect version of this one. Paradise is now, in this creation, the time when they are like the angels. No one is currently having babies in Heaven. They are serving God day and night, and perhaps they have relationships, but not like Adam and Eve in the garden on earth. They are all the descendants living as one extended family of Adam and Eve.

They all were born physically on earth, and only on earth does Adam's family still procreate. We really have no clue what happens after Revelation 21, except what is in that chapter and the next, and even 22 is still talking about current creation after verse 5.

Yes, those verses are true. But only when two people are submitted to God. Two people trying to do their own thing, and just coexisting is the norm in Adam's dead flesh.
Adam wasn't dead until he sinned.
God looked at what He had made and it pleased Him.

Upvote 0

Second Time is the Charm

Feb 17, 2023
The South
✟14,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You may have a point, but pessimism in a marriage can be worse than when one is single.

Getting married cannot fix pessimism. That can be an unbearable burden placed on the spouse of a person who is pessimistic. Unless pessimism is taken away first, a marriage will not take it away after the fact. People should never get married to fix their problems. That is not even what marriage is about.

I agree with you. But I never said that Jamdoc should get married to fix his pessimism. I did urge Jamdoc to come to the Lord and let God heal and renew his heart and mind. And then maybe God will send people his way to befriend him and give him someone to marry at that time.

As things are right now, he'll just drain the life out of them with his pessimism.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Adam wasn't dead until he sinned.
God looked at what He had made and it pleased Him.
He was lonely, not dead.

Two lost people in Adam's dead corruptible flesh, can have a perfect relationship.

Your verses don't just apply to redeemed people.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
He was lonely, not dead.

Two lost people in Adam's dead corruptible flesh, can have a perfect relationship.

Your verses don't just apply to redeemed people.
Adam wasn't "dead flesh" until sin
God created a companion for Adam before sin.
God was pleased with what He had made
They weren't created in sin, their relationship wasn't sin, there was nothing about Eve's creation, or Adam and Eve's relationship as God has made it, that was sin, none of it.
They chose to sin after the fact.

but up until that sin, nothing that God had created.. was a product of the fall that had to be corrected. It was very good in God's eyes, it was what He wanted. He could have solved Adam's loneliness in a number of ways. God chose a way and God said it was good.

now unfortunately for this topic, eating flesh is a product of the fall, actually a result of the world that resulted from God's taking out His wrath on the world after the fall
So.. it could be said.. that eating flesh, was not part of God's good design, and, is a byproduct of sin, and is something that will be corrected.
To what extent, I don't know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RevealedTruths

May 28, 2022
London
✟25,199.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm going by what Jesus said in the Bible:

Matthew 22:29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Jesus says you're wrong.
He doesn't. The verse does not say there is no marriage, but that there is no "marrying and giving in marriage". That's not the same as the marriage relationship. In the context, this refers to the principles of sexual competition, not the marital love and relationship itself. Taking this verse out of context to mean that there is no marriage in eternity is like taking the verse "all flesh is like grass" out of context to say that there will be no resurrection - while ignoring all the Scriptures that say there WILL be.

If you still insist that Jesus really meant that humans will stop being made in God's image, please first read Isaiah 65-66, Jeremiah 31, Ezekiel 37, and other passages, which speak otherwise.

Upvote 0

Second Time is the Charm

Feb 17, 2023
The South
✟14,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He doesn't. The verse does not say there is no marriage, but that there is no "marrying and giving in marriage". That's not the same as the marriage relationship. In the context, this refers to the principles of sexual competition, not the marital love and relationship itself. Taking this verse out of context to mean that there is no marriage in eternity is like taking the verse "all flesh is like grass" out of context to say that there will be no resurrection - while ignoring all the Scriptures that say there WILL be.

If you still insist that Jesus really meant that humans will stop being made in God's image, please first read Isaiah 65-66, Jeremiah 31, Ezekiel 37, and other passages, which speak otherwise.

Not being married any longer doesn't mean we stop being made in God's image. You're just twisting things to try to sway the argument your way.

Marriage vows in this age says "Till death do us part." So when one of the spouses die, that marriage is over.

Let's look at the verse again:

Matthew 22:30 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Read in the context to which it was placed:

Matthew 22:23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

The Sadducees were asking who will the woman be considered married to at the resurrection. Just like you're thinking as well that a marriage from earth continues after resurrection. But even the Lord says you and the Sadducees are wrong:

29 Jesus replied, “
You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

This is very clear teaching that Jesus Himself explained.

The only marriage after all this is done after Judgement Day is the one between the Lord and the Church. Earthly marriage was an illustration to us of how it will be between the Lord and the Church and will no longer be needed since the real marriage will take place.

With that said, you can still be close to your ex-spouse and children.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Not being married any longer doesn't mean we stop being made in God's image. You're just twisting things to try to sway the argument your way.

Marriage vows in this age says "Till death do us part." So when one of the spouses die, that marriage is over.

Let's look at the verse again:

Matthew 22:30 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Read in the context to which it was placed:

Matthew 22:23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

The Sadducees were asking who will the woman be considered married to at the resurrection. Just like you're thinking as well that a marriage from earth continues after resurrection. But even the Lord says you and the Sadducees are wrong:

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

This is very clear teaching that Jesus Himself explained.

The only marriage after all this is done after Judgement Day is the one between the Lord and the Church. Earthly marriage was an illustration to us of how it will be between the Lord and the Church and will no longer be needed since the real marriage will take place.

With that said, you can still be close to your ex-spouse and children.
Unless you never had those.
for those without ever having had those, all your version of eternity offers is religion.
It's a new Earth that never has new life, an eternity where you'll never see children playing or a baby lamb frolicking or salmon leaping through the air to climb a river (which they do for spawning), never see birds nesting, never see baby sea turtles racing across a beach to the surf... ever again.
It's a world where nothing will ever be new after that first instant of everything being new.
after awhile you'll never meet a new person ever again.
So all there is is religion.

Upvote 0

Second Time is the Charm

Feb 17, 2023
The South
✟14,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Unless you never had those.
for those without ever having had those, all your version of eternity offers is religion.
It's a new Earth that never has new life, an eternity where you'll never see children playing or a baby lamb frolicking or salmon leaping through the air to climb a river (which they do for spawning), never see birds nesting, never see baby sea turtles racing across a beach to the surf... ever again.
It's a world where nothing will ever be new after that first instant of everything being new.
after awhile you'll never meet a new person ever again.
So all there is is religion.

*Shrug* You'll live.....

Upvote 0