Germany's sin city - Munich
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I doubt that we will (except if we choose to). Now, the Prophet Isaiah does mention lions lying next to the lamb, but it simply means we no longer have to hunt.

And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat. Genesis 9:1-4

Now, this also shows that we have no dietary laws, with the exception of eating blood, for those laws weren't given to anyone prior to Moses.

Why have lambs been slaughtered anyways? To remind us of Christ and his sacrifice:cool:

That's just my opinion thus far. Animals will be in heaven indeed, but I doubt that God will renounce his original plan. Indeed, Adam and Eve would only eat fruits, but that was prior to the fall. I believe we will keep celebrating Passover as a remembrance for Him for all eternity.

I also do not believe that time will no longer be a thing in eternity :)

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. Revelation 22:2

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The answer is likely "yes".

Don't fall in love with food.

We our corruptible bodies put on incorruptible, changed forever, we will be so happy....

Last edited:
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If there is death in the Age to Come, then that's a problem. Scripture is clear that there is no more death. No death, period.

Why would these glorified immortal bodies need food of any kind in the Age to Come?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. Revelation 22:2

Would eating fish make you a vegetarian?

Notice that what I submitted below, it is involving the same thing Revelation 22:2 is involving, and that what I submitted involves fishing. Fishing for sport? Or fishing to eat?

Ezekiel 47:7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.
8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.
9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.
10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.
11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.
12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

Compare verse 12 with that of Revelation 22:2. Verse 12 indicates neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed. That it is not meaning it won't be consumed because no one will be eating from it. It is meaning it won't be consumed because there will be a never ending supply of it. Which then requires it has to fit in a never ending age and that it has to fit something there is no end of, obviously meaning the tree of life in this case. And once again, in this same context it involves fishing. Which then means death is still taking place, at least in regards to these fish if what they catch they are eating.

Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Compare verse 12 with that of Revelation 22:2. Verse 12 indicates neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed. That it is not meaning it won't be consumed because no one will be eating from it. It is meaning it won't be consumed because there will be a never ending supply of it. Which then requires it has to fit in a never ending age and that it has to fit something there is no end of, obviously meaning the tree of life in this case. And once again, in this same context it involves fishing. Which then means death is still taking place, at least in regards to these fish if what they catch they are eating.
Amen brother. I found nothing to disagree.

Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah no killing in heaven. Trust me there will be FOOD if you want it or not that there is nothing on earth like it.
Hm... do you have a problem with a sacrifice as a remembrance of what Christ has done for us?
Don't fall in love with food.
We will have foot forever tho. Christ did eat on earth. And he also ate meat.
Will we even need food in heaven?
Need? don't think so, but it will be for our pleasure.

Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think we will need to eat since we will have spiritual bodies.
Not need to, but we still will eat. Remember that Christ ate also when He came to earth, and he enjoyed it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Need? don't think so, but it will be for our pleasure.

Here and now we eat because we have to, our bodies physically require sustenance. As such, in this present and fallen world, the death of plants and animals is acceptable because the present conditions are such that living things need sustenance to survive.

Pleasure for pleasure's sake, at the expense of another living thing, is wickedness even in this fallen world. It seems inconceivable that it would exist in the Age to Come.

Rather, in the resurrection and in the life of the Age to Come all God's creatures will exist in perfect harmony and justice--there will be no death. No death, none. If there remains death in the Age to Come, then the Christian hope is either nonsense or monstrous.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Radicchio
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here and now we eat because we have to, our bodies physically require sustenance. As such, in this present and fallen world, the death of plants and animals is acceptable because the present conditions are such that living things need sustenance to survive.

Pleasure for pleasure's sake, at the expense of another living thing, is wickedness even in this fallen world. It seems inconceivable that it would exist in the Age to Come.

Rather, in the resurrection and in the life of the Age to Come all God's creatures will exist in perfect harmony and justice--there will be no death. No death, none. If there remains death in the Age to Come, then the Christian hope is either nonsense or monstrous.

-CryptoLutheran

If ppl are fishing in the next age and then are eating what they catch, explain how that is possible without anything dying? Even if someone were to eat fish while they were still alive, they couldn't remain still alive once they have chewed them up and digested them, though.

It seems rather contradictory to apply Revelation 22:2 to the next age and then not also apply Ezekiel 47:12 to that same age when both accounts are undeniably involving the same tree of life , thus the same era of time, eternity in this case, and that in that same context it involves fishing.

Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When we die won't we no longer be on Earth?
Actually, God will make a new earth according to Isaiah 65, 2 Peter 3:10 and Revelation 21 :)
If ppl are fishing in the next age and then are eating what they catch, explain how that is possible without anything dying?
God does not per se define killing and death we do. "Thou shalt not murder/kill" was never a commandment prohibition the slaughter of animals.
Look, no way i am going to be a vegy in eternity!

I need my daily marrow bone!
As do I LOL. Why should we not eat what Christ ate at Passover?
No death, none.
Correct, no death among humans, for we will be as the angels. No such promise is made for animals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Actually, God will make a new earth according to Isaiah 65, 2 Peter 3:10 and Revelation 21 :)
So where should we stack the bodies that are to be reincarnated? I'm starting to think that when we die we are just dead period.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So where should we stack the bodies that are to be reincarnated? I'm starting to think that when we die we are just dead period.
Bodies will not be reincarnated, but resurrected. Believers resurrected to life. Unbelievers resurrected but experience the second death in the lake of fire.
Revelation 20:15
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hm... do you have a problem with a sacrifice as a remembrance of what Christ has done for us?
I wouldn't if I could find a scripture where such a continuation of "animal sacrifice as a rememberance of Christ's sacrifice" is taught.
Got any?

Every scripture I can find that mentions ANY and ALL post Cross animal sacrifice is that it is of no positive effect at all, and actually serves to separate one from Christ and His perfect sacrifice. Hebrews 10, for example, has very clear teaching on this, and I have found no scripture that negates or renders null and void the clear and direct teaching found there and elsewhere.
Have you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't if I could find a scripture where such a continuation of "animal sacrifice as a rememberance of Christ's sacrifice" is taught.
Got any?
Nope, but I got verses where Christ taught slaughtering the passah lamb. Also, it's not about remembrance (Easter), not animal sacrifice. Bit of a difference.

In the seventh month, in the fifteenth day of the month, shall he do the like in the feast of the seven days, according to the sin offering, according to the burnt offering, and according to the meat offering, and according to the oil. Isaiah 45:25

Keep in mind this is indeed about the Millenial Reign, see Verse 4:
The holy portion of the land shall be for the priests the ministers of the sanctuary, which shall come near to minister unto the Lord: and it shall be a place for their houses, and an holy place for the sanctuary.

I guess the argument depends on whether you believe animals have souls and get resurrected too. If they do, then no way can you kill them again.
Animals, do not have souls. I at least found no verses that say they did. Also, as I stated before, slaughtering in the context of animals has never been refered as "killing" in the Bible :) I believe we will have pets in heaven.

That thinking's not exactly Christian, is it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0