Helena
✟206,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Like do you truly not see how stale and sterile that imagined world is? Where nothing grows or is born?

Like I'll look at Isaiah 11
6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

or Isaiah 65
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.
24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

and you'll say "oh that's Millennial Kingdom, the New Earth won't have that stuff"

Eating flesh is a result of the fall, procreation is not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RevealedTruths

May 28, 2022
London
✟25,199.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not being married any longer doesn't mean we stop being made in God's image. You're just twisting things to try to sway the argument your way.

Marriage vows in this age says "Till death do us part." So when one of the spouses die, that marriage is over.

Let's look at the verse again:

Matthew 22:30 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Read in the context to which it was placed:

Matthew 22:23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

The Sadducees were asking who will the woman be considered married to at the resurrection. Just like you're thinking as well that a marriage from earth continues after resurrection. But even the Lord says you and the Sadducees are wrong:

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

This is very clear teaching that Jesus Himself explained.

The only marriage after all this is done after Judgement Day is the one between the Lord and the Church. Earthly marriage was an illustration to us of how it will be between the Lord and the Church and will no longer be needed since the real marriage will take place.

With that said, you can still be close to your ex-spouse and children.
You still don't understand anything at all. All you are trying to do here is just parrot old chlichés from church organizations. Humans are made in the image of God and His agapé love. The paternal and marital love of the father and husband to his wife and children is the direct image of God's love for man and Christ's love for His bride, the church. Therefore, the interpretation that there will be no marriage and families in eternity IS saying that humans will stop being made in God's image, no matter how hard you try to make it sound like something different. "Marrying and giving in marriage" is not the same as "becoming one flesh" with your wife, and in this context refers to sexual competition, not the marital love for the wife. "Till death do us part" is an unbiblical vow that is not found anywhere in Scripture. There are promises that speak of children and marriage relationships continuing on the new Earth (Isaiah 11 and 65-66, Jeremiah 31, Ezekiel 37, Enoch 10...).

Upvote 0

RevealedTruths

May 28, 2022
London
✟25,199.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess it would be depressing for carnal people expecting to have sex all the time.

Can you imagine how the angels felt? Did they leave the firmament to have sex? Many claim that.

We complain about over population on earth. If God allowed procreation in Paradise, does that mean Paradise is larger than the earth, and needs to be populated?

There is a reason why God removes the memories of sin and death, and lust. Not because God is worried about overpopulation. Some must think life will be boring without sin, death, and sex. Probably Satan's theme after he is loosed and deceives people who never "enjoyed" those things.

Does not Islam promise all that in their eternity?
Sex is only "carnal" if it is done outside of God's Law (which, in the end times, is the vast majority of instances, for Lawlessness will abound). Islam promotes a Lawless version of "eternity" in which all of man's lawless desires are fulfilled by God without activity, as if God was some beta provider for man.

Angels are not sexless ghosts or amorphous plasma. The fallen angels mated with the daughters of men and procreated the nephilim. The angels sent by God to warn Lot's family to leave Sodom were so attractive that the lawless Sodomites wanted to rape them. The Seraphim in heaven standing before God's throne use the third pair of their wings to cover their "feet", a biblical euphemism for sex organs. There are indications of female angels in both Scripture (Zechariah's vision of two winged women) and the world's nations and their legends about female demonesses (Lilith, succubus etc.).

The question about marriage and procreation in eternity is not a question of whether it is "needed" for survival. It is a question of being made in God's image or being turned to some completely different, ethereal, sexless, immaterial, non-human being, no longer made in God's image.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Carnality is a part of our eternity because God meant for us to be incarnate beings, physical beings on a physical world.
to put it simply God approved of everything He made in Genesis 1 and 2. None of that is an error from the fall that needs to be corrected.

that includes physical bodies
physical earth
water and seas
day and night
plants and animals
eating plants as food
and yes, sex and procreation.

Upvote 0

Second Time is the Charm

Feb 17, 2023
The South
✟14,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You still don't understand anything at all. All you are trying to do here is just parrot old chlichés from church organizations. Humans are made in the image of God and His agapé love. The paternal and marital love of the father and husband to his wife and children is the direct image of God's love for man and Christ's love for His bride, the church. Therefore, the interpretation that there will be no marriage and families in eternity IS saying that humans will stop being made in God's image, no matter how hard you try to make it sound like something different. "Marrying and giving in marriage" is not the same as "becoming one flesh" with your wife, and in this context refers to sexual competition, not the marital love for the wife. "Till death do us part" is an unbiblical vow that is not found anywhere in Scripture. There are promises that speak of children and marriage relationships continuing on the new Earth (Isaiah 11 and 65-66, Jeremiah 31, Ezekiel 37, Enoch 10...).

This is a non-salvific issue. Believe what you want and twist what the Bible says plainly. It won't matter because it will all come to pass the way God wants as He outlined it in scripture. Your argument isn't with me, it's with God and you should talk about it with Him instead.

Plus this argument is boring and I'm not into endless debate. Please find someone else to argue with.

Upvote 0

RevealedTruths

May 28, 2022
London
✟25,199.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is a non-salvific issue. Believe what you want and twist what the Bible says plainly. It won't matter because it will all come to pass the way God wants as He outlined it in scripture. Your argument isn't with me, it's with God and you should talk about it with Him instead.

Plus this argument is boring and I'm not into endless debate. Please find someone else to argue with.
Want to keep believing that humans will become ethereal, sexless being no longer made in God's image, believe on. But don't accuse anyone of not believing this Lawless interpretation of twisting, when the ones twisting here are Lawless pastors in your church organizations promoting this idea.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Carnality is a part of our eternity because God meant for us to be incarnate beings, physical beings on a physical world.
to put it simply God approved of everything He made in Genesis 1 and 2. None of that is an error from the fall that needs to be corrected.

that includes physical bodies
physical earth
water and seas
day and night
plants and animals
eating plants as food
and yes, sex and procreation.

The creation from God in the beginning was perfect and it is what God meant for us. What is revealed beyond that, after the fall, is with concessions for our fallen ways, not what is best for us.

There is no issue to salvation but coming to God in faith with repentance according to ways God provided, which is made possible in Jesus Christ who was sent to this world for that. This still won't exclude growing to turn from sin, and grow further toward God's higher will for us, and that can include the ways meant for us shown in the design in the beginning, which was perfect for us. We still should work, with our own sweat, growing the vegetation for what we need including for our food, whatever we wear, or don't.

Genesis 1:29-30
Isaiah 11:6-9
Proverbs 12:10

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The creation from God in the beginning was perfect and it is what God meant for us. What is revealed beyond that, after the fall, is with concessions for our fallen ways, not what is best for us.
I guess you're agreeing with me?

I'm looking at anything after the fall as being less than what God wanted, which would include religion in it's entirety, from sacrifices to ceremonial rituals even to prayer (trying to relate to God through any means than how Adam related to God which was in person), eating meat (which I mean I like that concession but.. I have to admit it was not part of God's original design)... and.. here's one that I think most people think will remain as a concession at least.. wearing clothing of all things.
Some of these concessions seem to continue like wearing clothing and some religious activities.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess you're agreeing with me?

I'm looking at anything after the fall as being less than what God wanted, which would include religion in it's entirety, from sacrifices to ceremonial rituals even to prayer (trying to relate to God through any means than how Adam related to God which was in person), eating meat (which I mean I like that concession but.. I have to admit it was not part of God's original design)... and.. here's one that I think most people think will remain as a concession at least.. wearing clothing of all things.
Some of these concessions seem to continue like wearing clothing and some religious activities.

I am showing what I agree with. In this world there is still reproduction with there being sexuality. I would not say this is for the hereafter with heaven. I agree that the design of creation from God that was experienced, before the fall, is the ideal. Everything for us after the fall, and then with civilization later with all things with that, is lesser and what God has left with us that is not ideal. And what we have with just whole food that is all from plants is still what is best for us, as it had always been, and we have widespread health problems that there are largely because almost all of us people are not having that way of eating. And people who do eat meat which is the flesh of animals have that without blood first removed from it, which they do not have permission from God to have even though they foolishly claim they do. And God never wanted animals to be used as they are being used in the industry using animals for that demand for any products from them. Proverbs 12:10

There will be return to the way the world was designed for with work toward that from those of us here who have been destructive in this world with our lives, when Christ returns, and prophecies in visions will be fulfilled.

And having to be clothed was not a requirement from God, indeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums