United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm struggling to carry my cross (my hearing loss, tinnitus, blindness in one eye, glaucoma, etc). I'm struggling with my faith. I'm struggling with the idea that if I do what I think God wants me to do right now I'm going to lose even more than I've already lost (losing friends, losing more of my health, losing pretty much everything). I feel like my prayers are reaching God but that He's not inclined to answer them at this time which is so frustrating. I feel like Job and I feel like the person who wrote Psalm 88 and I'm struggling with the idea that everything is according to God's will even if it is that I suffer and never experience any happiness in this life (I often wish Jesus would come again sooner so I can escape this life and have a new body and new and more wonderful life with God). I'm at a loss as to what I should do or what I should pray for. How can I know that I'm praying for the right reasons and where can I find comfort from the Holy Spirit if I'm not sure exactly how the Holy Spirit even does that?

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry to hear about your health, I myself am deaf in one ear, partially blind in one eye, crippling back pain and screwed up knees, so I feel ya.

I've always suffered, always had problems with God, up until about a year or so ago.
But, what I've learned through it is this.

God gave me what I need, I'm not meant to stay here, no one is.
He gave me, you, and everyone, Christ. Salvation.

Anything that happens to us, the pain, depression, the horrible things that just happen, I think we wont even think about em once we get to Heaven.

The Holy Spirit gives us comfort in the sense that we're assured by it, that we will go to Heaven, and that Gods got it all covered.

You just pray, there's no real stipulations to what to pray about. Just talk to God, tell em about your struggles.

Never been happy a day in my life, I know what it's like, it sucks.

I'll be prayin for you

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)

My qualification ...
69 and approaching "3 score and ten"
_______________ Heart failure, stiffened left ventricle (chamber)
and three out of four heart valves regurgitate mild to moderately
and moderately (Atrial, Tri-cuspid and Aortic)
_______________ Bronchiectasis.... a lung condition, whereby fluid (mucus) collects in larger 'pockets' inside the lungs, reducing lung function
(I have been taught 'to-cough' -it away, by a physiotherapist)
Originally diagnosed as COPD

I also take FUROSEMIDE, to re-route excess fluid
OUT of my body, via my kidneys and blood circulation
and prevent it building-up in my heart and lungs

I have two calcified blockages
(inoperable, save in a life or death situation)
One in my Carotid Artery, right-side
and the other in my Femoral artery, also right-side

I have undergone four Angioplasty procedures to help open up my circulation, with a noticeable improvement in perambulation and endurance

One Day At A Time.................

upload_2016-11-12_21-9-47-png.185454

Last edited:
Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Your post is a little vague. What is it you want to do? Does it align with the Bible and the expressed will of God?

Why should you lose your health if you do whatever it is you are wanting to do?

I feel that God wants me to talk about Him more with my friends and family and try to bring more people to Him. I'm just worried because every time I get closer to God and do what He commands his followers to do, Satan decides to attack me with more health problems and temptations and catastrophes. I don't want anymore health problems, I'm already struggling with the ones I have and they drive me to despair. :(

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel that God wants me to talk about Him more with my friends and family and try to bring more people to Him. I'm just worried because every time I get closer to God and do what He commands his followers to do, Satan decides to attack me with more health problems and temptations and catastrophes. I don't want anymore health problems, I'm already struggling with the ones I have and they drive me to despair. :(
Well, I have good news for you. He will not allow you to be tested more than you are able to bear.

I Corinthians 10:13- There hath no temptation taken you but as such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

If you are feeling the conviction of the Holy Spirit to witness to others, I think you should listen and rest in Christ.

I will tell you, I feel more regrets about not witnessing than whenever I did witness (even though it was very clumsy on my part).

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm struggling to carry my cross (my hearing loss, tinnitus, blindness in one eye, glaucoma, etc). I'm struggling with my faith. I'm struggling with the idea that if I do what I think God wants me to do right now I'm going to lose even more than I've already lost (losing friends, losing more of my health, losing pretty much everything). I feel like my prayers are reaching God but that He's not inclined to answer them at this time which is so frustrating. I feel like Job and I feel like the person who wrote Psalm 88 and I'm struggling with the idea that everything is according to God's will even if it is that I suffer and never experience any happiness in this life (I often wish Jesus would come again sooner so I can escape this life and have a new body and new and more wonderful life with God). I'm at a loss as to what I should do or what I should pray for. How can I know that I'm praying for the right reasons and where can I find comfort from the Holy Spirit if I'm not sure exactly how the Holy Spirit even does that?
I hear "the garment of praise works against the spirit of heaviness".
Praise HIM through the pain baby......Press in and show satan, he is not gonna win this time. The devil don't know what to do, with somebody that just won't quit. Praise the Lord and see what God does for you :amen:

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm struggling with the idea that everything is according to God's will even if it is that I suffer and never experience any happiness in this life

First of all, we are to pray Let thy will be done one Earth as it is in Heaven. Is there suffering in Heaven? I don't think so.

Second, two stories come to my mind. Joseph suffered being sold as a slave, then imprisoned under false accusation. One might think that the suffering Joseph went through was God's will. I don't. That came from the fallen world. But God works all things for good for those who love him and are called according to his purpose. And in the end it worked out well for Joseph, Egypt and his family. What is notable is that Joseph kept a good attitude in his trial.

The other story is of an anonymous prisoner in the Gulag Archepelego with whom Alexandr Solzhenitsyn was imprisoned. This man was a Christian and led Alexandr to Christ. Alexander went on to win the Nobel prize in literature and brought the gospel back to Russia. This anonymous prisoner may have thought his life was wasted, but it was not.

No matter what the circumstance I have learned to be content. Paul, 1 Cor. 7

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Just hang in there, derpytia. God is not outdone in generosity. My experience has always been that sorrow never lasts long. When I'm feeling on top of the world is when sorrows suddenly hit me. When I'm feeling down and maunder to God querulously. but keep plodding on, He suprises me with joy.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

You know, I've learned a lot from the bible about the Lord, no matter what come his way, he continued honoring
his Heavenly Father...whether it was the devil coming against him, or the religious leaders, or his family members...or
even his own disciples.
Jesus didn't hesitate for a minute to hit a knee(pray), he knew the road be rough, he'd
be persecuted, homeless, friendless... he'd accepted the bitter cup handed to him...the Lord prayed for that cup
to pass but it was not to be, Jesus accepted that bitter cup...he accepted his heavenly Father's Will.

Those who witnessed Jesus' death on a cross didn't see no good coming from his death, to them it was all over.
It wasn't over...death couldn't hold him, the holy spirit of God empowered Jesus to arise!
To me, that's joyful news...and it's a good thing!
How I see all this is like this... Jesus' life when he was on this earth... shows me that it's possible to live in this
world whether our family, friends, spouses, our leaders etc... treat us badly, reject or persecute us.
Jesus would often go out to desolate places to pray, he prayed a lot...it seems to me that Jesus and Daniel
were some praying people...both were in given hard tasks in life and both accepted that and they continued
to pray and honor God regardless of what happened to them...we should do likewise.

I got my own health issues that's why I had to stop working, my back is nearly gone...some days it be hard
to even walk.
I know this life can be rough but this life ain't all there is...we here to show/share the love of Christ, I know people
going to hate us Christians, family going to turn on us (I've had that happen), husband leave-- my first husband
left me cause I decided to get back walking with the Lord faithfully-- that was many years ago now.

My happiness in this life be found in Jesus, the one who died for me...I don't have any children of my own...
I do have step-children and step-grandbabies cause I married another man back in 2002; you see, he too suffered
a failed first marriage but they had 3 children.

I am acquainted with sorrow and much suffering in this life...I'm a black woman who learned early in life
that my skin color wasn't favorable...my family was poor and we went without many comforts...unlike others
we knew...I was in my late twenties before I'd have my own car...my relatives all had cars but none of them
helped me to get a car and it be only a couple of times I could even get a ride with them.

It be a real honor for me to be around others who suffered and served the Lord, I have had several friends
who passed away recently that battled cancer, all the while they were being a "light in dark places"...
even when they laying in their hospital beds they still letting others know about the Lord... so I do the same
as they do...regardless if I'm feeling good or not, what be important is sharing the Good News of the Gospel
with those who aren't saved.

Jesus said we'd be hated, he know about that because he went through it first hand...but remember, Jesus
overcame this world.
Jesus suffered greatly in this life, his heavenly Father didn't stop that from happening to his only begotten son...we will experience suffering in this life.

Our bodies will fail, this can happen at any time to anybody... I know unsaved people, way younger than myself
and their bodies failed them...you see, I use to be a caregiver and I've encountered all sorts of people with all
kind of health problems.

What to do? be faithful, be like Jesus and Daniel...pray and purpose to honor God with your life, no matter
what come your way.
Daniel did that as a slave in a pagan's king's house...as did his friends.
Daniel and his friends would die in captivity and they kept faith in God.

• Agree
Reactions: davedajobauk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You could give this a reading through ....

God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.

Amen.

The Serenity Prayer
by Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)
Complete, Unabridged, Original Version.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Obey Him and you will be blessed. Thats a promise in the Bible.

When we comfort others going through the same difficulties. We bring more people to Him. They can identify with you, few lost people identify with those already in perfect health! They will see the strength of your faith under trial and it will change their hearts. You are going to bring more glory to Him through the fruit of longsuffering (patience) than if you had everything instantly cured. We are all looking toward the resurrection, and lets face it we all need to die so we can be truly born again. Thats our faith we hold on to. But despite whatever the devil tries to throw at us, we perservere.

A well known preacher called David wilkerson said to a gang member wanting to kill him you could cut me into a thousand pieces and lay the, in the street and every piece of me would still love you.

Thats Jesus!

• Agree
Upvote 0

restored_one

Mar 5, 2017
Philippines
✟8,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Im so sorry to hear your health condition. You may have all those things, but the Scripture, the Bible, tells us how to deal with that. 1 Corithians 10:13 tells us that the things we experience, one, we are not alone. Someone, somewhere is also experiencing the same thing, may it not be the exact experience, but everyone experience discomfort, lost of friends, etc. Two, that God has provided a way to overcome those things.

It is good thing that you remember Jobs condition. But I believe you have not reached the point where you lost everything in one day. But, please do not focus your eyes on what Job experiences, read the end of the story, God blessed Job twice of what he lost. God can do the same thing with you, He can bless you more than what you have lost, only if you will hold on to God and not loose heart, Only if you wil hope in God who is able to save you. That's what Job did, he hope for the salvation of God upon his life.

We may not recieve what Job receieved at the end of his life, what will be our response then? Paul said in Romans, that the present sufferings in this world cannot be compared to the glory that awaits for him in heaven. Paul and Job have one thing in common, they hope in the Lord, we may recieved the fruit of that hope here on earth as Job did, or as Paul, he hope of what he will recieve when he face his creator and Lord. Paul learned this thing in his life...that all things, good or bad even worst, work together for good that loved the Lord.

My friend, I believe, that the key in our walk with God, as we carry the cross, is Not to give up. Never, never, ever give up.

I encourage you as Paul said, "press on" for God is waiting for at the of the line for Jesus is your exceeding great reward.

I hope this words ministerd to you and encouraged you to move on and press on with God...never, never, ever give up.

I'm making an ebook, I'd love to hear your input. Will you share your ideas? You click on the link below...
New ebook Topic Survey

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Be sure it is coming from God. Three months prayer. Really listening and being still. A verse is "Be still and know I am God"

Comfort from God comes in leaving our problems at the throne. Jesus said, "My burden is light, yours is heavy. Cast your cares on me". Let go of them, the problems and walk in faith that God does all things for the good of Gods plan.

Casting your cares on Him and LEAVING THEM THERE is the most wonderful thing. Very hard at first but after your faith and trust grows it will be AWESOME :clap: :hug: :hug:

Also try fasting. I've heard many people say they fast when they need an answer from God and that is Biblical. Read about fasting in the Bible.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
For your context, there is no right or wrong way to pray, so stop worrying about that. It's better to pray a silly or foolish prayer than nothing at all in your case. But I do wonder if you take the time to appreciate the things that God has given you. There is more to prayer than simply asking God to do what you want. Do you think about eternal life and the sins that God has forgiven? Appreciation is hard to feel when you are dealing with illness (I know quite a bit about that) but it's important to struggle with these things. Don't let your illness get you wrapped up only in yourself and your needs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For your context, there is no right or wrong way to pray, so stop worrying about that. It's better to pray a silly or foolish prayer than nothing at all in your case. But I do wonder if you take the time to appreciate the things that God has given you. There is more to prayer than simply asking God to do what you want. Do you think about eternal life and the sins that God has forgiven? Appreciation is hard to feel when you are dealing with illness (I know quite a bit about that) but it's important to struggle with these things. Don't let your illness get you wrapped up only in yourself and your needs.
Good advice. Being thankful and thankfulness have big spiritual blessings.

Christ said "In everything give thanks".

Faith is built by thanking God for things and being thankful even when we do not see what God is doing or understand how it is for good. God's Word says that "God works all things for the good of those who are His Children". Many times we must wait in faith because we do not see the good in situations when they inherintly seem bad at the time.

It is a hard thing to do, but it builds our faith and trust in God. God does things on His timing, not our timing or anyone's timing.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Obey Him and you will be blessed. Thats a promise in the Bible.

When we comfort others going through the same difficulties. We bring more people to Him. They can identify with you, few lost people identify with those already in perfect health! They will see the strength of your faith under trial and it will change their hearts. You are going to bring more glory to Him through the fruit of longsuffering (patience) than if you had everything instantly cured. We are all looking toward the resurrection, and lets face it we all need to die so we can be truly born again. Thats our faith we hold on to. But despite whatever the devil tries to throw at us, we perservere.

A well known preacher called David wilkerson said to a gang member wanting to kill him you could cut me into a thousand pieces and lay the, in the street and every piece of me would still love you.

Thats Jesus!
That is a very good testimony of David Wilkerson. There is a book, I'm trying to think of the name. Great book.

Upvote 0

Courage Ampadu

Feb 27, 2017
Uk
✟23,122.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to read about your suffering. May the God of peace soothe your pain and comfort your heart.

On a different note I must say that I am concerned that no one here seems to be talking about healing. I understand seeking comfort through scripture but surely He was bruised for our iniquity, the chastisement for our peace was upon him and by his stripes we are healed. The same scriptures that talk about our salvation and peace also talk about healing, yet we seem more willing to administer the gospel of salvation and preach peace than healing. Perhaps it is because of all the strange doctrines we hold in our denominations. The bible is clear, however on this topic and it is that which I will always point people to.

Be comforted in your pain my fellow believer but know also that the price for your healing has been paid. I would imagine that you have prayed for healing already, if so here's my advice; healing does not come merely because we believe but also because we are able to receive it. There are many obstacles to receiving from God unbelief being chief among them but surround yourself with the love of God and it will dissipate for faith works through love. Give yourself over to the study of the word especially scripture on healing and listen to sermons that promote faith in the area of healing and your faith will receive a boost. God bless you.

Upvote 0

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm just worried because every time I get closer to God and do what He commands his followers to do, Satan decides to attack me with more health problems and temptations and catastrophes. I don't want anymore health problems, I'm already struggling with the ones I have and they drive me to despair. :(

That's how it will be. Satan wants to tear down people's faith so when one's faith is getting stronger, one method of attack is that he will throw up obstacles and problems into people's life to make them think that if they lose the faith, their problems will get better (which they may, for a time; perhaps as long as you're on this earth. This world is passing away quickly though. It may not seem that it's quick enough, but soon enough you'll be at the end of it. I've heard also that once it comes it doesn't feel like it's been your whole life, that it went so quickly).

If you don't feel like you can do what God wants you do, pray for guidance and strength. Confess your weakness to him and tell him you can't do this without him giving you the strength to.

• Prayers
Upvote 0