How can I have faith that Jesus will answer my prayer, without going against his will?

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My heart is having conflict about this and I'd like to hear your thoughts. My mom is in the hospital right now, in ICU, for various reasons. We believe and pray that she will be healed, and get out of this alive, but my heart is torn between asking for healing, and allowing God to do his will.

I am very against this doctrine of almost demanding God to do what you want regardless of his plans for you. How can I ask for healing, and have faith that it will be done, without feeling like I'm demanding Jesus do heal someone he maybe does not want to heal, someone he wants to take to heaven with him? I am scared of putting all of my faith into this prayer, and realize God had different plans.

I read your post and the one later where you said your Mom wasn't doing too well. I've been down the road you're on. My 95 years old Mother passed away on two months ago. As to how you should pray almost feeling guity of releasing too much faith.....why not? Don't you think you're better off using your faith as strong as you can as compared to not doing so? It seems you've almost left the impression that the Lord would be upset with you for caring that much about your Mom.

Not so. Think of when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead but think before that when Mary and Martha put out a request for the Lord to come and heal their brother. Why should you think God would be mad at that? If say the Lord would feel it's better now for her to come on to Heaven he will kindly and lovingly just tell you that by not answering our prayer.

But you say don't I always have to be absolute perfect in KNOWING for certain the will of God? No you don't. Just pray the best you can . Last thing you need is going through being concerned about your Mom and adding on to that worried that God will consider you presumptuous in praying? Presumptuous in wanting to see mercy be brought to another human being? Just consider if there's any thing God can quickly forgive this would be it.
But I am, as a daughter, asking God to have mercy and heal my mom, and I want to pray with faith, since that's something Jesus literally said himself — but for some reason, I don't know why, I am so scared of believing this can happen since I am quite terrified of making God feel like I'm demanding it,
God, Jesus didn't rebuke or reprove Mary and Martha for putting in a request for Jesus to come and heal their brother. (in the Bible, John 11:21) And when your heart weeps Jesus feels your sorrow , He again doesn't want you feeling troubled about whether you should pray and ask for mercy for another.

Is it possible God might say no? Possibly but maybe for good reason, one that it might be the best time for them to come on home. (to heaven) I know with my Mom (95) who passed away two months ago she wanted to go on. She had a variety of chronic physical problems she'd had for years. Two of m y brothers passed away in the last 5 years which impacted her as well. She didn't want to

be here any more. So you can understand I could pray but God would say no. Not because he was being unmerciful but because he was being so. He felt it was time for her to come on. But never would God be upset with me for praying for her healing. God understands that we love our loved ones and it's hard to see them go. So again I'd encourage you to pray as BEST as you think you can.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
In this case, I think the wisest course is to pray and to tell God what you just told me. Pray and ask Him for his will, and ask him to show you the way that He wants you to pray for your mom. Pour out your concern before Him and give him the opportunity to respond sovereignly.

You may also benefit from using the words "if it be your will" in your prayer phrasing. Or just make it clear that it is a request, not a demand. Say "please". :)

I pray for strength and wisdom for you, and for another caregiver to come alongside you from the Body of Christ in your moment of need.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Gods Elect.

Nothing wrong with praying for loved one. It's not selfish. Fellow brethren from chapel I study with. Had cancer. The congregation prayed for him and God healed him.
Psalm 147:3 . God can heal wounds.

103:3 . God forgives sins and heals diseases. If your Christian and obedience to God.
I documented it.

Don't demand it. Ask within Gods will. Jesus knows what is best.

In 2011. My dad died of cancer. Before he died. I was being selfish. I wanted my dad to live longer. But he was suffering. He wanted to move on. I stopped being selfish, and said to Jesus, you can take him. I had lot of pain at that time. I didn't want to let him go. Human side was selfish. I put the spirit side in charge. Get the picture.

As humans we can be selfish. I'm Christian and example of it.

Pray in God's will, and let Jesus decide what happens.

I hope you understand.

Upvote 0