manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am half blind too, cant drive a car, no job nearly lost my foot last week from infection but I am lucky.

The fridge has food, theres fresh running water and I have a car and shoes. I buy a new shirt for 3 bucks when I feel like it.

Jesus had no toilet, drank wine from a dead goat skin, no car, got whipped, no social security freebies and no TV.

If your using a computer too were probably in the top 5% of wealthy people in the world. Rich man eats when he wants to and poor man eats when he can..

We all suffer from our mortality I guess and inevitable demise of health but I think many in the world would trade places with us, ailments and all.

I'm blind and thats never getting fixed but Im not complaining and i sure wouldn't trade with Jesus or the first christians.

I find when I begin to self pity its from envying others so I try not to do that and be thankful for what I do have and it stops unhappiness.

This really puts it into perspective the abundant blessing bestowed on us all except these poor guys..
Westpac’s e-waste found in world’s worst dump where African children live

I often wonder why God blessed me so as to give me so much in my first world country yet others go without.

OPI am empathising with you as I have felt the same at times, and then when I discovered what the rest of the world goes through i suddenly stopped complaing how hard I have it and asked things might stay this good lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm struggling to carry my cross (my hearing loss, tinnitus, blindness in one eye, glaucoma, etc). I'm struggling with my faith. I'm struggling with the idea that if I do what I think God wants me to do right now I'm going to lose even more than I've already lost (losing friends, losing more of my health, losing pretty much everything). I feel like my prayers are reaching God but that He's not inclined to answer them at this time which is so frustrating. I feel like Job and I feel like the person who wrote Psalm 88 and I'm struggling with the idea that everything is according to God's will even if it is that I suffer and never experience any happiness in this life (I often wish Jesus would come again sooner so I can escape this life and have a new body and new and more wonderful life with God). I'm at a loss as to what I should do or what I should pray for. How can I know that I'm praying for the right reasons and where can I find comfort from the Holy Spirit if I'm not sure exactly how the Holy Spirit even does that?

Well, Derpytia, the Holy Spirit is known as the Comforter, isn't he ? And I would imagine more than a few of us feel you could have been writing about our own impatience with our crosses and yearning for the prompt arrival of relief and a heavenly future. Sometimes, I laugh grimly at the intricate lengths God goes to, in order to corner me. I mean it really seems uncanny, spooky - as if he knows everything going on all around us !!!! (joke)

Still, the intensity of our suffering is relative, in the sense that many of us believe we've been 'under the blackjack' more than most ; and yet it's rather like the proverbial 'fastest gunfighter', isn't it ? Proverbially, there was always someone who was faster on the draw.

And if we look around, read the newspapers, and take it in, it's not hard to believe that there are others worse off than ourself. Can you magine being a mother or father with a young child that has cancer or some other illness that requires that child of theirs to undergo seemingly endless painful treatments, and yet with no certainty that the child will be cured? Personally, without being specific, it seems to me that the Apocalypse began several years ago, and the end cannot be far off ; soon after which, 'every tear will be wiped away'. (As for the time-scale, I don't know whether to tell you not to start boiling an egg, or not hold your breath.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0