I want to write some novels, but I don't know if God approves of any of them.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For what it's worth, I say go for it. A novel is a great way to express your thoughts. Having a fictional demon do something evil, to make a statement about evil, is in my opinion doing God's work. Go by your convictions as God personally speaks to your spirit, but don't be afraid of Him. He is your Father, and He loves you.

Not to piggyback or hijack your thread, but I too am an aspiring writer. I have just finished one novel (self-published), and I have the seed of another one hatching. I may even start on it today. My stories tend to be about healing from trauma and abuse. As they say, write what you know. I'm certainly not going to leave God out of my writing, even in a secular-aimed work, but you can still preach a gospel using analogy and allegory, as C.S. Lewis did.
I agree 100% with you. C.S. Lewis & J.R.R Tolkien are both examples of Christians who wrote fantasy, and used it to get a point across about how good always wins, and to make a statement about how evil can tear one apart, but God can help put one back together. What is the name of your finished novel?

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree 100% with you. C.S. Lewis & J.R.R Tolkien are both examples of Christians who wrote fantasy, and used it to get a point across about how good always wins, and to make a statement about how evil can tear one apart, but God can help put one back together. What is the name of your finished novel?
Answered via PM.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Answered via PM.
Thanks. Books are cool stuff, and hopefully we can bring novels back to the classic 19th and 20th century literature, and not the modern stuff that is overly crass.

Upvote 0