Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let's see if biden gives his own child the chance to do the right thing concerning his laptop before punishing him. Beyond that, he has no authority to "punish" citizens of the United States for making decisions about what goes into their own body.
Those unvaccinated citizens are punishing our entire nation. My point was Biden gave them a chance to unify with the rest of sane Americans against this covid pandemic. Their immaturity forced his hand, much like my children did mine. When did public health become unimportant to your ilk? Y'all complain about the economy and jobs and businesses being closed yet are not willing to help with the remedy. What the heck does Hunter have to do with anything? Biden has a responsibility to ALL Americans, not just his base.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Those unvaccinated citizens are punishing our entire nation. My point was Biden gave them a chance to unify with the rest of sane Americans against this covid pandemic. Their immaturity forced his hand, much like my children did mine. When did public health become unimportant to your ilk? Y'all complain about the economy and jobs and businesses being closed yet are not willing to help with the remedy. What the heck does Hunter have to do with anything? Biden has a responsibility to ALL Americans, not just his base.

Thank you for expressing your own opinion.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
If the government had just said "we've now fulfilled OUR obligation; there's a vaccine waiting for you IF you want it" - and left it at that, then we wouldn't have so much controversy surrounding this and MORE people would have taken it.

But no. It had to be complicated and banal didn't it?

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Statement from Nancy Pelosi in a Press conference on April 29th, 2021

"So here’s the thing: We cannot require someone to be vaccinated. That’s just not what we can do, it is a matter of privacy to know who is or who isn’t. I can’t go to the Capitol physician and say, ‘Give me the names of people who aren’t vaccinated so I can go encourage them to,’ or make it known to others to encourage them to be vaccinated,” she told reporters.

“So we can’t do that. But you would hope that science would guide them to protect themselves, their family members and be good colleagues in the workplace to get vaccinated. And the sooner that happens, the better for everything.”
Nancy Pelosi will not mandate lawmakers to get vaccinated

Now, biden is contradicting this statement and issuing mandates.
Keep this in mind the next time they give you their word about what they can/cannot/will/will not do.
Did Nancy give her word ?

Also, Pelosi, of the House ... is a different part of the Federal government than Biden, who is head of the Executive ...

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's still unnerving to realize that the occupant of the White House decided to order near-universal vaccinations and to that end instructed the FDA to approve the vaccine.

Do you have any proof of this? I sincerely doubt that the President -- any President -- can instruct the FDA to approve any vaccine. They approve or disapprove based on the best medical information. If you can prove otherwise then do so. Otherwise it's just rumor.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I just started to listen to this. It does seem to be pretty coercive etc. Usually I thought we had laws passed for this kind of thing. I thought there was some bit of news that the Supreme Court would weigh in the near future, but maybe I'm getting my issues confused.

Youtube? Really? Now there's a reliable source of information -- NOT!

• Agree
Reactions: Tiberius Lee
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So you think GOV mandating citizen to take vaccine to end/control this pandemic to save lives is unconstitutional or violate citizens’ freedom of choice?
I didn't say that it's unconstitutional, but there's a case to be made about a violation of individual liberties. However, courts can spring some surprises, so we ordinary people can't really know how this will finally be resolved. I see that there isn't a united front among prominent Democrats for Biden's stance in this case, though, and that's unusual.

• Useful
Reactions: Tiberius Lee
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is hilarious. They’re two different people. How can he contradict her?
"Hilarious?" There's nothing peculiar about using the word to mean that one person disputed the statement made by another.

Definition of contradict
transitive verb

1: to assert the contrary of : take issue with. She contradicted her brother's account of what happened.

Source: Merriam-Webster Dictionary

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I sincerely doubt that the President -- any President -- can instruct the FDA to approve any vaccine. They approve or disapprove based on the best medical information.

That kind of credulousness is almost charming.

However, most Americans know that those days are gone and not likely to come back. And it isn't just about this one agency.

2 top FDA officials resigned over the Biden administration's booster-shot plan, saying it insisted on the policy before the agency approved it, reports say (yahoo.com)

FDA Lied–Vax Not Approved Still Experimental | Greg Hunter’s USAWatchdog

Biden admin signals intent to force FDA approval of COVID vaccines | The Planet Today News From The World. (planet-today.com)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say that it's unconstitutional, but there's a case to be made about a violation of individual liberties. However, courts can spring some surprises, so we ordinary people can't really know how this will finally be resolved. I see that there isn't a united front among prominent Democrats for Biden's stance in this case, though, and that's unusual.
Such an order is a violation of the U.S. Constitution.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did Nancy give her word ?

Also, Pelosi, of the House ... is a different part of the Federal government than Biden, who is head of the Executive ...

Watch the video and you can hear her words.
"We cannot require someone to be vaccinated. That’s just not what we can do."

“So we can’t do that."

Was she telling the truth? Or is biden overstepping his authority? Can't have it both ways.

But let's forget about Pelosi for a moment and listen to what biden himself said. He said, "I wouldn't demand it be made mandatory". Also said the same thing concerning masks. Here's the video. Start watching from 1:55 to 2:05.

So now we have it from biden himself, AND Pelosi. Too bad neither of them told us the truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Watch the video and you can hear her words.
"We cannot require someone to be vaccinated. That’s just not what we can do."

“So we can’t do that."

Was she telling the truth? Or is biden overstepping his authority? Can't have it both ways.

But let's forget about Pelosi for a moment and listen to what biden himself said. He said, "I wouldn't demand it be made mandatory". Also said the same thing concerning masks. Here's the video. Start watching from 1:55 to 2:05.

So now we have it from biden himself, AND Pelosi. Too bad neither of them told us the truth.
That was back in Nov. of 2020 many things have changed since then. He probably couldn't imagine so many people refusing to get vaccinated, many of us have a really hard time believing it.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That was back in Nov. of 2020 many things have changed since then. He probably couldn't imagine so many people refusing to get vaccinated, many of us have a really hard time believing it.

He no doubt assumed people would do what he wanted. When they didn't, he mandates it.
What else does he want? Gun bans, social tracking, digital dollars, multi-trillion dollar green new deal spending? If we don't go along with it, he would simply mandate it. That's the pattern he's already shown he follows.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He no doubt assumed people would do what he wanted.
The statement above is what I found funny.
Would you think it would be so funny if a Republican president started mandating "conservative" measures?
I have voted for Republican presidents, representatives both federal and state.
Under these same circumstances with a Republican president, I would be supporting his/her decision to do the same thing because I believe it's the safest thing for our people, this nation.
I'd even support Trump making these decisions and I can hardly stomach the man.
I'm not a Dem., I'm an unaffiliated voter. I don't vote party ticket, I vote for individual people that I think will do a good job and play well with others.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Statement from Nancy Pelosi in a Press conference on April 29th, 2021

"So here’s the thing: We cannot require someone to be vaccinated. That’s just not what we can do, it is a matter of privacy to know who is or who isn’t. I can’t go to the Capitol physician and say, ‘Give me the names of people who aren’t vaccinated so I can go encourage them to,’ or make it known to others to encourage them to be vaccinated,” she told reporters.

“So we can’t do that. But you would hope that science would guide them to protect themselves, their family members and be good colleagues in the workplace to get vaccinated. And the sooner that happens, the better for everything.”
Nancy Pelosi will not mandate lawmakers to get vaccinated

Now, biden is contradicting this statement and issuing mandates.
Keep this in mind the next time they give you their word about what they can/cannot/will/will not do.

And you are imagining that she was lying?
That's giving way to much credit.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

73% of eligible Americans have had at least 1 shot, and well over 60% already have both. That was prior to mandates, all happy willing people.

You know of those who have had 1 shot either can't have a second due to having really bad reactions, or are about to get the second installment.

That's close to the 80% the government wanted in the first place... it's just 27% of Americans that are hold outs for whatever reason.

It's apparent that this is an all out attack on 27% of eligible Americans and for reasons that are beyond me. The vaccinated can still get sick with COVID and can still spread it to others so why pick on the relatively few who prefer to either wait for more vaccines (that they may view as more trustworthy in nature) to come onto the market or who don't want one at all (prefer their chance with natural immunity)... ?

If you want people to distrust the vaccine this is the how in action!

If you want people to trust it you'd let them take their time without force, if it's the best thing since sliced bread time will bear that out... no force needed.

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0