midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen the Lord is faithful to those who have faith.
Luke 6:46 - “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?
1 Romans 5 Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake.
But to those who are corrupted and do not believe, even their minds and consciences are corrupted. Titus 1:15

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
But to those who are corrupted and do not believe, even their minds and consciences are corrupted. Titus 1:15
Amen, kind of the same way that
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen, kind of the same way that
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
So that you may be mature and complete, James 1:2-4
In order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Col 2:2-3
Him we preach, in all wisdom, that we may present every man complete in Christ Jesus. Colossians 1:27-28

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
So that you may be mature and complete, James 1:2-4
In order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Col 2:2-3
Him we preach, in all wisdom, that we may present every man complete in Christ Jesus. Colossians 1:27-28
Are you teaching that all you need to do is accept Christ and you have no obligation to actually act as a Christian? Are you implying that all one needs to do is pay lip service and not actually follow Christ's commandments like repent, be baptized or at least follow the golden rule? Do you believe that all one needs to do is accept Christ and change nothing of your lifestyle.

You see, this is the problem with Protestantism. People build different interpretations that fit with their worldview and lose sight of the proper interpretation of scripture. I assume you feel that anyone can glean the proper interpretation of scripture by drawing their own conclusions rather than following the teachings of the original and Apostolic Church. People draw conclusions based on their own personal interpretation of scripture rather than learn from that Apostolic Succession which is the most accurate way to interpret scripture. From the people that put together the books of the Bible which are properly interpreted by the people who established THE Church. Your personal interpretation of scripture does not stand up to the proper interpretation by the Apostles and their students.

Upvote 0

AFrazier

Site Supporter
Apr 1, 2016
Mauldin, South Carolina
✟161,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know of too many contradictions in the Bible. Contradictory statements, by definition, are in opposition. Nothing I know of in the Bible opposes itself in meaning or message.

But there are errors in the Bible, some "typographical," so to speak (scribal errors), and some misplaced facts. I won't waste time arguing with nay-sayers on this point. Those who can read the Bible objectively and learn will know the truth of it.

I will say, however, that I agree with a post made earlier on. I still accept it as the divinely inspired word of God. But God didn't write it. Man did. And there are plenty of instances where the hand of man has clearly gotten in the way of the inspiration afforded them.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you teaching that all you need to do is accept Christ and you have no obligation to actually act as a Christian? Are you implying that all one needs to do is pay lip service and not actually follow Christ's commandments like repent, be baptized or at least follow the golden rule? Do you believe that all one needs to do is accept Christ and change nothing of your lifestyle. You see, this is the problem with Protestantism.
You are called to repent and believe.
Trust in Christ for salvation.
People build different interpretations that fit with their worldview and lose sight of the proper interpretation of scripture. I assume you feel that anyone can glean the proper interpretation of scripture by drawing their own conclusions rather than following the teachings of the original and Apostolic Church. People draw conclusions based on their own personal interpretation of scripture rather than learn from that Apostolic Succession which is the most accurate way to interpret scripture. From the people that put together the books of the Bible which are properly interpreted by the people who established THE Church. Your personal interpretation of scripture does not stand up to the proper interpretation by the Apostles and their students.
It's not about your own opinion/personal interpretation rt, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. 2 Thess 2:13

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Agreed

It's not about your own opinion/personal interpretation rt, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. 2 Thess 2:13
Well, if someone preaches that we need only proclaim Christ is a different interpretation of the New Testament that the original one that indicates that one must also live as a Christian. I know that we can only achieve this through the free gift of Faith. However, I believe that there's more to being a Christian than proclaiming Faith because it can be considered dead faith if one does not at least strive to BE a Christian. Through grace, our inability to behave like a perfect Christian is forgiven. Still I believe some effort must be made to live one's faith and not just proclaim it.

I also believe in free will so it would seem that our interpretations of the New Testament are contradictory but the Bible has never changes and does not contradict itself, only our interpretation of the Bible.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed

I know that we can only achieve this through the free gift of Faith. However...
I also believe in free will ...
Therefore, knowing to do good and not doing it, to him it is sin. James 4:17

• Useful
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Therefore, knowing to do good and not doing it, to him it is sin. James 4:17
So, by your interpretation of this verse does it mean that we are better off following Christ rather than just agreeing that he is our savior and not without following the commands of Christ in the New Testament?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, by your interpretation of this verse does it mean that we are better off following Christ rather than just agreeing that he is our savior and not without following the commands of Christ in the New Testament?
You are the one who brought your free will to the table when everybody knows you are saved by grace through faith.
You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. 1 Cor 10:21

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You are the one who brought your free will to the table when everybody knows you are saved by grace through faith.
You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. 1 Cor 10:21
How is being granted free will interfere with grace? Are you a Universalist? Then that would make sense.

From what I have gleaned from your posts, it would seem that you follow Calvin's interpretation of the Bible. Did Calvin have more insight into saving Grace than the disciples like St Peter and St James the brother of Jesus?

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is being granted free will interfere with grace? Are you a Universalist? Then that would make sense.
To complacent univeralists believing in Christ is irrelevant. It doesn't matter to them if you continue in your rebellious "free will".
From what I have gleaned from your posts, it would seem that you follow Calvin's interpretation of the Bible. Did Calvin have more insight into saving Grace than the disciples like St Peter and St James the brother of Jesus?
There is no private interpretation rt. We have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 2 Peter 1:18-20

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
there are no contradictions in the Bible.
The Bible indeed contains paradoxes—statements that appear contradictory on the surface but, when properly understood, reveal deeper truths. These paradoxes serve to explore the full scope and nuance of God’s wisdom.

I have researched many many times when people claim there is a contradiction but they always, always turn out not to be a contradiction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Contradiction is not in the scripture but within the religion.
Remain in the doctrine because by doing this you will save both yourself and your hearers. 1 Tim 4:16
Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. 2 John 1:9

Upvote 0