Wisconsin, United States of America
✟649,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I vote for individual people that I think will do a good job and play well with others.

Considering how biden is playing with our allies, our Troops, Republicans, and those who didn't vote for him (that would be the 80 million he made frequent reference to), I'm hoping people consider that when voting next time. I know, some don't learn (or care).

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟649,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And you are imagining that she was lying?
That's giving way to much credit.

Either that, or she was telling the truth, and biden's mandate being overthrown will be proof of that.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟649,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
73% of eligible Americans have had at least 1 shot, and well over 60% already have both. That was prior to mandates, all happy willing people.

You know of those who have had 1 shot either can't have a second due to having really bad reactions, or are about to get the second installment.

That's close to the 80% the government wanted in the first place... it's just 27% of Americans that are hold outs for whatever reason.

It's apparent that this is an all out attack on 27% of eligible Americans and for reasons that are beyond me. The vaccinated can still get sick with COVID and can still spread it to others so why pick on the relatively few who prefer to either wait for more vaccines (that they may view as more trustworthy in nature) to come onto the market or who don't want one at all (prefer their chance with natural immunity)... ?

If you want people to distrust the vaccine this is the how in action!

If you want people to trust it you'd let them take their time without force, if it's the best thing since sliced bread time will bear that out... no force needed.

Parents figure this out when they tell their kids not to do something. The more forceful they are in saying not to do it, the more determined the kid is to do it, because it sounds all the more interesting. Same with government telling you that you must do something. The thinking people automatically start wondering why, and will start questioning it. When they're called names for even asking the questions, it only raises more red flags about the motivation behind the demand.

It's good practice for recognizing when the mandate comes that we take a mark on the right hand or on the forehead.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
73% of eligible Americans have had at least 1 shot, and well over 60% already have both. That was prior to mandates, all happy willing people.

You know of those who have had 1 shot either can't have a second due to having really bad reactions, or are about to get the second installment.

That's close to the 80% the government wanted in the first place... it's just 27% of Americans that are hold outs for whatever reason.

It's apparent that this is an all out attack on 27% of eligible Americans and for reasons that are beyond me. The vaccinated can still get sick with COVID and can still spread it to others so why pick on the relatively few who prefer to either wait for more vaccines (that they may view as more trustworthy in nature) to come onto the market or who don't want one at all (prefer their chance with natural immunity)... ?

If you want people to distrust the vaccine this is the how in action!

If you want people to trust it you'd let them take their time without force, if it's the best thing since sliced bread time will bear that out... no force needed.
Maybe you should read the local papers down south and listen to the doctors pleading for people to get vaccinated. There are states where only about 30% are vaccinated mostly in the south. But even some places in other states like Ohio where individual counties and cities/towns have the same problem.
You can't take the national average and say everything is hunky dory.
If I could keep unvaccinated people out of my state or even my part of the state I would but we are a tourist area and here they come bringing the virus with them.
Right now in my county, 25% of active cases are non-resident people. Almost 90% of my county is vaccinated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, it isn't.
"I don't think we should require someone to be vaccinated" would be a statement of opinion.
"We cannot require someone to be vaccinated" is a statement of fact.

You think so? You’ve never said ‘you can’t do that” ro anyone, or ‘they can’t do that!’ To the tv? Someone can always respond ‘yes I can…’ We can’t get everyone to agree or we can’t get to the moon on a bicycle would be statements of fact, we can’t mandate vaccinations is a political opinion.

As she’s talking about house and senate members, not the general population, it’s kind of a moot point as far as the idea in the OP goes, but it certainly isn’t factual.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Either that, or she was telling the truth, and biden's mandate being overthrown will be proof of that.
Likely she was giving her legal opinion on what the house could do and not what the president could sign as a directive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟649,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You think so? You’ve never said ‘you can’t do that” ro anyone, or ‘they can’t do that!’ To the tv? Someone can always respond ‘yes I can…’ We can’t get everyone to agree or we can’t get to the moon on a bicycle would be statements of fact, we can’t mandate vaccinations is a political opinion.

As she’s talking about house and senate members, not the general population, it’s kind of a moot point as far as the idea in the OP goes, but it certainly isn’t factual.

She not only said they can't do that, she even explained why. Further evidence of it being a statement of fact------
"We cannot require someone to be vaccinated. That’s just not what we can do, it is a matter of privacy to know who is or who isn’t. I can’t go to the Capitol physician and say, ‘Give me the names of people who aren’t vaccinated so I can go encourage them to,’ or make it known to others to encourage them to be vaccinated,” she told reporters.

Maybe we should look at joe's mandate as being just an opinion as well?

• Agree
Reactions: Valletta
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟212,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So are a lot of other things that we never thought any court would allow, but they did.
In my opinion it is to distract from his Afghanistan disaster, realize that Joe has orchestrated the largest super spreader of COVID event at our southern border, sending infected immigrants around the country. He has disobeyed the border laws and now issues orders like a king. His threat against duly elected governors make a far better case for insurrection than anything President Trump did-- there was nothing in Joe's statement about "peacefully" or "patriotically." There are a handful of countries that have vaccine mandates, China, Russia, and Saudi Arabia come to mind, but in those countries such orders are lawful.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟212,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The statement above is what I found funny.

I have voted for Republican presidents, representatives both federal and state.
Under these same circumstances with a Republican president, I would be supporting his/her decision to do the same thing because I believe it's the safest thing for our people, this nation.
I'd even support Trump making these decisions and I can hardly stomach the man.
I'm not a Dem., I'm an unaffiliated voter. I don't vote party ticket, I vote for individual people that I think will do a good job and play well with others.
No president has such authority under the United States Constitution. Joe has greatly endangered Americans, he has helped spread COVID by giving rides to those infected with COVID variants from the southern border to the city of their choice. No vaccines are required for immigrants crossing our southern border. His latest mandate is, in my opinion, is a ploy to take away from the calls for him to step down over his causing the death of Americans in Afghanistan. A president should lead, not threaten those who may disagree with him. No American should have to go against their doctor's advice because of Joe's ideas about medicine. What Joe should do is get rid of any doctor who lied (Fauci) and appoint a panel of doctors to provide information and ASK the American people to present it to their friends and neighbors who are hesitant to take the vaccine.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She not only said they can't do that, she even explained why. Further evidence of it being a statement of fact------
"We cannot require someone to be vaccinated. That’s just not what we can do, it is a matter of privacy to know who is or who isn’t. I can’t go to the Capitol physician and say, ‘Give me the names of people who aren’t vaccinated so I can go encourage them to,’ or make it known to others to encourage them to be vaccinated,” she told reporters.

Maybe we should look at joe's mandate as being just an opinion as well?

I’m not sure what your point is. A political decision is based on what someone thinks is the better option (etc). A fact is a fact. Different things. It is a fact that 5 months ago NP was of the opinion that lawmakers in govt couldn’t be required to follow the science. This is not fact, there is no law of the universe that would prevent it. It is a personal opinion rather than an immutable reality. Now, Biden’s WH is introducing vaccinate or test mandates in workplaces across the country. Presumably this isn’t the result of the discovery of a previously unknown force of nature, but a political decision based on the views and opinions of the decision-makers.

Whatever point the OP was intended to make, the OP contents don’t support it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟212,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I’m not sure what your point is. A political decision is based on what someone thinks is the better option (etc). A fact is a fact. Different things. It is a fact that 5 months ago NP was of the opinion that lawmakers in govt couldn’t be required to follow the science. This is not fact, there is no law of the universe that would prevent it. It is a personal opinion rather than an immutable reality. Now, Biden’s WH is introducing vaccinate or test mandates in workplaces across the country. Presumably this isn’t the result of some discovering of a previously unknown force of nature, but a political decision based on the views and opinions of the decision-makers.

Whatever point the OP was intended to make, the OP contents don’t support it.
Biden put out an Executive Order which is in violation of the U.S. Constitution. The political decision is to distract away from Afghanistan.

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟212,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I’m assuming you realise those are opinions.
The Executive Order is in violation of the U.S. Constitution. As to intent, I'm not a mind reader, but Biden has orchestrated the spread of COVID from our southern border. I am quite pro-vaccine, much of the failure to sign people up can be attributed to the numerous false narratives put out by the Biden administration. Keeping Fauci is not going to win people over.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Watch the video and you can hear her words.
"We cannot require someone to be vaccinated. That’s just not what we can do."

“So we can’t do that."

Was she telling the truth? Or is biden overstepping his authority? Can't have it both ways.

But let's forget about Pelosi for a moment and listen to what biden himself said. He said, "I wouldn't demand it be made mandatory". Also said the same thing concerning masks. Here's the video. Start watching from 1:55 to 2:05.

So now we have it from biden himself, AND Pelosi. Too bad neither of them told us the truth.
Vaccines are not mandatory.

Nobody is forced to get a vaccine.

But, just as it has been since I started school 55 years ago, ... vaccines are required for participation in certain social settings ... like public schools, where being unvaccinated would be a risk.

To put COVID behind us, Biden is simply expanding that type of requirement to anything having to do with the Federal government. And he is encouraging private businesses and associations to do the same. That’s within his prerogative.

I suppose that it's just a matter of how critical he judges the situation to be. Likely, he doesn't want a half million Americans dying from COVID on his watch ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you think it would be so funny if a Republican president started mandating "conservative" measures?
There's nothing particularly liberal about encouraging vaccination against a pandemic which has killed 650,000 Americans in less than 2 years ... unless,of course, you consider the preservation of human life to be particularly liberal in nature ...

• Winner
Reactions: Tiberius Lee
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As to intent, I'm not a mind reader, but Biden has orchestrated the spread of COVID from our southern border.
Immigrants have been crossing the southern border since before GWB's tenure. That's hardly something that Biden orchestrated.

And there's is no evidence for spread of the virus from the southern border. Florida is currently where the virus is spreading most rapidly ... and it's not on the border with Mexico ...

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
He no doubt assumed people would do what he wanted. When they didn't, he mandates it.
What else does he want? Gun bans, social tracking, digital dollars, multi-trillion dollar green new deal spending? If we don't go along with it, he would simply mandate it. That's the pattern he's already shown he follows.

My fiend Biden did not say any of this. It is all fake news. There are media who are there to get him.. there are “deep state” working against Biden, there are Biden hater continually attacking him , and never Biden people are making this up. He is the best president ever.. Thank God for Biden .. yea .. praise the Lord for Biden.. ..so what if he lie once in a while .. we didn’t elect him to be Sundays school teacher or our Pastor .. we elected him to be President of USA

Upvote 0