North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People who cling to worthless idols turn away from a faithful God. Salvation is of the Lord Jonah 2:8-9
Salvation belongs to the Lord. Your blessing is upon Your people. Ps 3:8
The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord. Ps 37:39
He is also my salvation, For a hypocrite could not come before Him. Job 13:16
1 Corinthians 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live.'
Psalm 78:54 And he brought them to the border of his sanctuary, even to this mountain, which his right hand had purchased.
55 He cast out the heathen also before them, and divided them an inheritance by line, and made the tribes of Israel to dwell in their tents.
56 Yet they tempted and provoked the most high God, and kept not his testimonies:

Psalm 78:57 But turned back, and dealt unfaithfully like their fathers: THEY WERE TURNED ASIDE LIKE A DECEITFUL BOW.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live.'
Isaiah 26:10 Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the Lord.

Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

Upvote 0

BibleLinguist

Mar 18, 2024
Sukhothai
✟2,003.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As a short rejoinder, life is complicated enough without there being contradictions in the Bible. But rest easy, there are no contradictions in the Bible.

The Bible does not state contradictions, it states God’s Truth. First of all 2 Timothy 3:16 says that every word in the Bible comes from God. It either comes from God directly or it comes through those who were carried along by His Holy spirit, to borrow a phrase from 2 Peter 1:21.

Out of the Bible comes not contradictions, but the Truth. Psalm 119:160 says that the sum of God’s Word is the Truth. If we can make a momentary visit to the secular, Ayn Rand, who has no apparent use for God, says that contradictions do not exist; if you think you see one, then check your premises and you’ll find that at least one of them is wrong. And when a premise is wrong, then the idea of there being a contradiction falls apart.

Take the Book of Jonah. Jonah was upset since God told him to say to the Ninevens that God will destroy their city because of the sins of the people there, yet God ends up not destroying them. Jonah took that as a contradiction to what God told him to say. At first glance it seems like a contradiction. But a premise that would destroy that contradiction is a presumption that nothing happened that caused God to change course and not destroy Nineveh.

But something did happen that ended with God changing course: The Ninevens, upon finding out that God was going to destroy them because of their evilness, prayed to God for forgiveness. As a result, God forgave them and allowed their existence to continue.

Now, a callous person may see that as a contradiction. Problem is, if you can accept the Bible as the Word of truth, you can accept that the supposed contradiction concerning the Ninevans supports several truths in the Bible. One truth is God’s willingness to punish those who inflict evil, and the other is God’s willingness to forgive when you ask for forgiveness. And at the end of the day, if you have faith in God you have faith in the Truth which eclipses thoughts of perceived contradictions or other distractions from the Truth.
I could show you an undeniable contradiction in the Bible, but if I did so, would it shatter your faith?

I believe the Bible. I believe it is fully inspired. There are no contradictions in the Bible when it comes to the truths of salvation which we most need. But the Bible was not written by God. The Bible writers were humans, and used the imperfect human languages of their day by which to record their inspired truths. And there are some minor contradictions in the small details which have no bearing on our eternal salvation.

This should not disturb us. God has allowed these trivial things in part, I believe, because God is the ultimate Gentleman, not wishing to force anyone to believe in Him. Scoffers and skeptics can find some excuse by which to reject God's Word and to live as they desire. God wants all to have that sacred freedom of choice, even if He is disappointed at what they are choosing.

It is okay to hold a simplistic view of the scriptures that says they are completely error-free, just as long as this view is not disappointed when the truth is discovered. It is better to have a mature understanding which accepts that some minor, non-doctrinal details may be amiss, that when one comes face-to-face with them, one does not lose faith entirely.

Reactions: AFrazier
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the end of the world and these guys are trying to establish contradictions, how are they doing this instead, as told by God to do...

2 Peter 3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the LAST DAYS SCOFFERS, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

2 Peter 3:10 But THE DAY OF THE LORD SWILL COME AS A THIEF IN THE NIGHT in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, WHAT PERSONS OUGHT YE TO BE IN ALL HOLY CONVERSATION AND GODLINESSw
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, BE DILIGENT THAT YE MAY BE FOUND OF HIM IN PEACE, WITHOUT SPOT, AND BLAMELESS.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
One of the benefits of the end times will be the cessation of these discussions. We'll be so busy clinging to the Lord we'll have no energy for arguments or debates. When your back is against the wall and all seems lost you'd better hope that book is right. That's all we've got and you'll figure that out sooner or later.

~bella

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the benefits of the end times will be the cessation of these discussions. We'll be so busy clinging to the Lord we'll have no energy for arguments or debates. When your back is against the wall and all seems lost you'd better hope that book is right. That's all we've got and you'll figure that out sooner or later.

~bella
Or we go by Gods word, ( this is Christian scriptures right?) and the natural brute beats don't run out of energy, or fierceness, but have to be taken and destroyed.

2 Timothy 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

2 Peter 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Jude 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it is the situation, that the end is coming as a thief, and instead of preparation ( through belief) everyone talks their own great swelling words of vanity, ( to fool/allure people on the forum/take advantage of them. )as testified by God, to be done.......

2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

Jude 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 78:57 But turned back, and dealt unfaithfully like their fathers: THEY WERE TURNED ASIDE LIKE A DECEITFUL BOW.

Isaiah 26:10
Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the Lord.
‘I will hide My face from them, I will see what their end will be, For they are a perverse generation, Children in whom is no faith.' Deut 32:30
anyone not a hypocrite on the forum , who cant be found out as being subtilly against the Lord ?
A man is not established by wickedness, But the root of the righteous cannot be moved. Prov 12:3

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
do they think their methods work any more, they are too easy to not only spot, they can be shown to not be honest, even without seeing them, who they are.
it's amazing that all you write and all the verses you use against others on all the threads are in fact perfectly tailored to your pitiable behaviour.. just saying. Don't bother with a reply accusing me of ... whatever. I have put you on ignore. I can suffer your abuse of scripture no longer.

I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it's amazing that all you write and all the verses you use against others on all the threads are in fact perfectly tailored to your pitiable behaviour.. just saying. Don't bother with a reply accusing me of ... whatever. I have put you on ignore. I can suffer your abuse of scripture no longer.

I will pray for you.
@Peacemaker1
If you're going to call yourself "peacemaker" it's not a good look to sow discord at every turn. "For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord Jesus be with all of you. 2 Thess 3:16

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What will be will be as far as the big picture goes and we have no say in the matter. The only control we have or will have is whether we kept putting our will ahead of God's or wisely reversed that bad habit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What will be will be as far as the big picture goes and we have no say in the matter. The only control we have or will have is whether we kept putting our will ahead of God's or wisely reversed that bad habit.
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:12-13

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:12-13
Exactly... His will ahead of ours, ours which only as a rule serves self interest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly... His will ahead of ours which only as a rule serves self interest.
That's elementary brother timothy,
a true son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Tim 1:2

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's elementary brother timothy,
Elementary to those who get it but unfortunately the world is full of Lord Lords who continue to put their will ahead of fellow man's, let alone God's. Now there is an example of contradiction shown within scripture (not scripture itself) between the people of the Bible and God. They just don't get it. Turn on the news. Failures all, and even a majority of Christians fail to follow the Gospel of the Kingdom, preferring another than focuses on self preservation... that self thing rearing its ugly head again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Elementary to those who get it but unfortunately the world is full of Lord Lords who continue to put their will ahead of fellow man's, let alone God's. Now there is an example of contradiction shown within scripture (not scripture itself) between the people of the Bible and God. They just don't get it. Turn on the news. Failures all, and even a majority of Christians fail to follow the Gospel of the Kingdom, preferring another than focuses on self preservation... that self thing rearing its ugly head again.
And how does that effect you who are not rearing your ugly head. I chose you out of the world; John 15:19
Speak the truth in love, and grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—Eph 4:15

Last edited:
Upvote 0