• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

biden contradicts Pelosi on vaccine mandate

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by Aldebaran, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,665
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Statement from Nancy Pelosi in a Press conference on April 29th, 2021

"So here’s the thing: We cannot require someone to be vaccinated. That’s just not what we can do, it is a matter of privacy to know who is or who isn’t. I can’t go to the Capitol physician and say, ‘Give me the names of people who aren’t vaccinated so I can go encourage them to,’ or make it known to others to encourage them to be vaccinated,” she told reporters.

“So we can’t do that. But you would hope that science would guide them to protect themselves, their family members and be good colleagues in the workplace to get vaccinated. And the sooner that happens, the better for everything.”
    Nancy Pelosi will not mandate lawmakers to get vaccinated

Now, biden is contradicting this statement and issuing mandates.
    Keep this in mind the next time they give you their word about what they can/cannot/will/will not do.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tiberius Lee

Tiberius Lee Well-Known Member

+2,197
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    I will remember and go back and vote for Demarcate again. I will not vote for any GOP for long , long time!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. .Jeremiah.

.Jeremiah. Active Member

+342
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I’m guessing that things evolve from day to day, with Covid just like everything else. If we don’t evolve, we don’t grow in wisdom.
    Last year, at this time, I had plenty of plans for my life. This year, they have all changed dramatically.
    It would be quite sad if politicians were unable to change their minds, once new information came available.
    Well, some don’t, but that’s another story.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+4,962
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    Well as much as I loathe Biden in fairness I have to post that the Pfizer vaccine has been approved recently since he said that. When the vaccines were not FDA certified it was unconstitutional to require them, but now it is the same thing or at least similar as requiring other vaccines like polio, measles etc. for school kids, and other people.

5. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,964
    Anglican
    Married
    Nothing very surprising there. What Pelosi said was sufficient for her purposes several months ago. It isn't so any longer, so expect her to agree with Joe and claim that she always did believe in the necessity of what he's just ordered.

6. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+11,492
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    She has an opinion? This is terrible. Perhaps the universe will implode. What's next? Will Melania confess her dislike of greasy fast food? If only everyone could be made to think the same things!

7. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,964
    Anglican
    Married
    It's still unnerving to realize that the occupant of the White House decided to order near-universal vaccinations and to that end instructed the FDA to approve the vaccine.

8. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,964
    Anglican
    Married
    Psst. It's about what her opinion IS, not that she has an opinion.

9. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,964
    Anglican
    Married
    Sounds like a reference to the third Triumverate. But who's included?

Pelosi, Schumer, and Valerie Jarrett?

10. Tom 1

+11,492
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    You might want to think that through for a moment.

11. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+2,773
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    This administration is so messed up. I can still see Biden saying he didn't think there should be a vaccine mandate. Thats another one of those "shhh never happened".

12. Tiberius Lee

+2,197
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    As long as they don’t have “R” next to their name , I am ok with any one!

13. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+4,962
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single

I just started to listen to this. It does seem to be pretty coercive etc. Usually I thought we had laws passed for this kind of thing. I thought there was some bit of news that the Supreme Court would weigh in the near future, but maybe I'm getting my issues confused.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  14. Tiberius Lee

+2,197
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    So you think GOV mandating citizen to take vaccine to end/control this pandemic to save lives is unconstitutional or violate citizens’ freedom of choice?

15. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+6,513
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    This is hilarious. They’re two different people. How can he contradict her?

16. Brihaha

Brihaha Active Member

+411
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Biden gave the unvaccinated folks a chance to do the right thing to help America recover from the pandemic. He is now forced to make the tough decision to implement a mandate for federal workers because many people who won't get vaccinated are prolonging the pandemic and preventing America's recovery. This is in the best interest of our nation, not just his base. Plus, when Joe said that, none of the vaccines had approval from the FDA. Pfizer is now approved. I gave my children a choice to do the right thing too before punishing them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,665
    Non-Denom
    Single
    "We cannot require someone to be vaccinated. That’s just not what we can do" isn't an opinion.

18. Tom 1

+11,492
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    It isn't?

19. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,665
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Let's see if biden gives his own child the chance to do the right thing concerning his laptop before punishing him. Beyond that, he has no authority to "punish" citizens of the United States for making decisions about what goes into their own body.

20. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,665
    Non-Denom
    Single
    No, it isn't.
    "I don't think we should require someone to be vaccinated" would be a statement of opinion.
    "We cannot require someone to be vaccinated" is a statement of fact.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List