Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
adam was made to the specifications God intended which was in an unfallen state. so yes, he was made perfect as ecclesiastes 7:29 states.

What race was Adam? I read he was a red man, and I also heard that he wasn't part of a race. Just Genesis : Adam Was a Red Man

Not that his race matters-it is irrelevant.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They don't?
Then how do they explain job 1, Zechariah 3 and Ezekiel 28

I've read Reform Jews believe the devil is an agent of God. I read Jews view him as part of the heavenly council.

The OT talks about the devil tempting, accusing, and afflicting people, but it doesn't link him to Heylel in Isaiah 14.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's unclear: "Satan" is derived from a Hebrew word meaning "adversary", but considering names mean something Satan may be his "created name" or it may be more of a title.

Isn't Lucifer definitley not his name? That was a Latin Vulgate translation-a word that already existed.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've read Reform Jews believe the devil is an agent of God. I read Jews view him as part of the heavenly council.

The OT talks about the devil tempting, accusing, and afflicting people, but it doesn't link him to Heylel in Isaiah 14.
I can see that. It's why I didn't mention Isaiah 14. I know that some want to imply that tnis is just th king of babylon being spoken of

But just as GOD uses history to point us to hidden and higher spiritual truths, GOD wasn't really talking about the king of bsbylon but Satan

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I can see that. It's why I didn't mention Isaiah 14. I know that some want to imply that tnis is just th king of babylon being spoken of

But just as GOD uses history to point us to hidden and higher spiritual truths, GOD wasn't really talking about the king of bsbylon but Satan

Why do jews not believe in satan as people know it-the devil tempting people to do bad?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually, the Bible does not describe the primordial environment in which the first single-celled organisms evolved. The Bible does not discuss the Cambrian explosion, the mass extinctions, or discuss the fact of natural selection. The Bible also does not talk about heart surgery, but it's a good thing that we know about it now!
Genesis 1 describes the creation of life, what you are describing is a myth.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is that really a fact?
That makes all of us reddish brown

So we don't know if they a totally different race than exists today? I heard they could have been all the races.

Not that it matters.

What Adam or Jesus looked like to me are irrelvant mysteries.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's unclear: "Satan" is derived from a Hebrew word meaning "adversary", but considering names mean something Satan may be his "created name" or it may be more of a title.

How can a sinful being stand before God's presence? Can't no man see God or live?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is that really a fact?
That makes all of us reddish brown

Just Genesis : Adam Was a Red Man

The Hebrew word for red is edom and it is a cognate to the Hausa word odum, meaning red-brown. Both are related to the word dam, meaning blood, and to the name of the first man Adam, who was formed from the red clay which washed down to the Upper Nile Valley from the Ethiopian highlands. These soils have a cambic B horizon. Chromic cambisols have a strong red brown color. It is evident then that the Upper Nile is the urheimat of the Adam and Eve story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Raphael Jauregui

Episcopalian, liberal Anglican, Mdiv
May 3, 2017
Mesa
✟28,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Genesis 1 describes the creation of life, what you are describing is a myth.
In terms of literature, the Genesis story is myth or 'story.' It is poetic and is not literal. The context and style points to that. Science is not myth. Evolution is a proven fact. It has been peer reviewed and experiments/observations have been done to confirm that. That is what a theory is like the Theory of Gravity.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In terms of literature, the Genesis story is myth or 'story.' It is poetic and is not literal. The context and style points to that. Science is not myth. Evolution is a proven fact. It has been peer reviewed and experiments/observations have been done to confirm that. That is what a theory is like the Theory of Gravity.

Adam and Eve are real people-giving in to the devil's temptations caused sin to enter the human race.

Upvote 0

Raphael Jauregui

May 3, 2017
Mesa
✟28,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes he is
Just as "removing the hedge" in job 1 resulted in the same prophecied outcome spoken of in 2 Thessalonians 2 when "he who holds all things back is taken out of the way"
The 'satan' in Job is a member of the celestial court. The devil in the NT is not the same character and is outside the court.

Upvote 0

Raphael Jauregui

May 3, 2017
Mesa
✟28,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Natural man has to be created on the 6th day

You speak about poetic inuendos?

Well 6 is very significant
Just as 7 and 8 are

And it is the order of spiritual man born again of GOD
But, in Genesis 2 God creates humanity (Adam) before the plants and animals.

Upvote 0