• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

A simple fix for the Transgender issue.

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by Ken-1122, Jun 23, 2019.

1. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+2,055
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    yeah, I understand where you are coming from .... however ... but that's not what is happening. You can't control what a person thinks, but one can control what they say. You can't presume what someone is thinking about their gender/sex.

2. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    That is extremely rare. According to the “American Society of Plastic Surgeons”, 0.5% of gender reassignment surgery involves changing sex organs. IOW 99.5% of what they call gender reassignment surgery it is changing the face or other features to look more like something they are not.

More people are getting ‘sex change’ surgeries than ever before … but it’s not what you think

3. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    If it is disrespectful to call somebody a name to their face, it is just as disrespectful to do it behind their back.

4. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    It doesn't matter what they think, it matters what they say; and when they say he or she, they are referring to sex not gender. When they say mens room, or women's room, they are referring to sex not gender

5. mkgal1

mkgal1 His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33 Supporter

+4,901
    Anglican
    Married
    This is a multi-stall gender neutral public restroom. I've even seen some like that where each stall has their own ADA compliant sink as well (this one has a shared public sink). This is also helpful for people in wheel chairs, and people with young children that are opposite of their gender. It answers a lot of needs:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  6. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+2,055
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    name-call·ing
    /ˈnām ˌkôliNG/
    noun
    1. abusive language or insults.
    not name calling when a person reports something to the police of what they saw or heard etc. as long as they are not abusive or insulting about it.

7. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    If that were the case, there should be nothing wrong with "mis-gendering" someone as long as they aren't abusive or insulting about it.

8. SistrNChrist

SistrNChrist Newbie

+122
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Now that's an instance where the sex you were born with matters, because if you say you're a different gender/sex than the one you were born with, I can't think of too many doctors who would automatically assume you're transgender and treat you for gender specific causes, like pregnancy/miscarriage or prostate cancer

9. Monk Brendan

Monk Brendan Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,762
    United States
    Melkite Catholic
    Private
    US-Others
    This is generally what is called intersexual.

A service veteran, who had always been considered male, had to have a CT scan of his torso. It was discovered that he had a uterus and non-functioning ovaries. Is he a man or a woman?

A 19 year old college girl still had not started her periods, though externally she was a beautiful young woman. Medical examination revealed she was XY, the male genotype. Is she a man or a woman?
    According to the laws of her state, she was a man.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ) Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,757
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I agree with using the pronouns attached to their biological sex. I absolutely refuse to make any more compromises to the progressive agenda...period. Can you believe it has gotten to the point where you could will be labeled a "transphobic bigot" because you would refuse to date a transgender?

11. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+3,569
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    How do tell if it's a he or a she? What do you do with XXY and similar people?

At the moment my thoughts are this is really silly and unhelpful.

12. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    Unless you know them, most will just go by appearance.
    As was pointed out before, the correct terminology for these people is actually "intersexual". For these extremely rare situations, an exception can be made. But that is not where the problem lies; the people complaining about gender identity are biological men and biological women claiming to identify as something else. It seems to me if we take the mental confusion out of the picture and stick with biology, it fixes the problem.
    Why do you see it as silly and unhelpful?

13. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+21,475
    Anglican
    Married
    It probably does make sense, Ken, but that approach has already relegated to the ash-heap.

You cannot just do that since it will make someone within hearing distance "uncomfortable". As we all are supposed to know, not being made uncomfortable is the most basic of human rights, depending of course on whether youre in one of the oppressed or one of the oppressor classes. :rolleyes:

14. mkgal1

mkgal1 His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33 Supporter

+4,901
    Anglican
    Married
    Chromosomes are biology.

Certain things can't be seen, so we shouldn't presume (and - in a polite conversation - it seems as if what you'd like as an identifier, shouldn't been seen either).

15. Tanj

+3,569
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    So...no way at all of knowing then, and you're going to use he or she based on what someone looks like.

Nice one. :oldthumbsup:

How rare is that?, I mean, all I do is work in a pediatric hospital. I'm sure you are far more familiar with the issue.

Well aren't you the magnanimous overlord. Pray tell, how does one find out about somone's intersex problem so that one can make the exception? Perhaps a yellow star worn on their shirt?

Indeed, the problem lies with close minded bigots who feel the loss of their Christian white privilege and are desperately lashing out at a group they can tell what to do.

Take opinions like yours out of the picture also fixes the problem, given the attitude you represent is the entirety of the problem.

See above post.

16. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    Why would someone feel uncomfortable?

17. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    A person who suffers from Gender Dysphoria Disorder knows if they are a biological male or female. If still confused, all they gotta do is check their underwear. If someone refers to them as “She” and this person has female sex organs, they have no reason to be offended because they are a biological “she” regardless of whatever they might be having going on in their heads. Where is the problem here?

18. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    Yes. If you look like a biological male, they shouldn’t be surprised if someone refers to them as a biological male. You know; the ole "looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck" thing.

So you know how rare it is, what's your point?

Intersexual people are not the ones raising a fuss. However If one did, it is up to them to tell people.

White Christian? Speaking of bigotry, is that a racist and religious slant? What do white christians have to do with the points I’ve raised?
    Oh so you attack me now? If the best you can do in response to a statement is to insult or mock the poster, addressing the person instead of the statement, you have already lost the argument.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  19. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,545
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    I could see how anti-trans rhetoric/ideology could be very damaging to those sorts of people... especially because they've just undergone a major shock in their life. Obviously, people in those sorts of circumstances deserve our love and support.

It's funny that today's epistle reading at church said that in Christ there is no "male or female", yet many here seem to not consider the full implications of that. Every human being deserves our respect, regardless of their gender identity.

20. Tanj

+3,569
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Your whole point to this thread is to attack and mock a vulnerable minority in our society, for the sole purpose of what, exactly? Seriously, why do you care? Some poor soul out there born as one gender but identifies as another, why oh why do you feel the need to make such a fuss about it?

You lost the "argument" the moment you made it.