• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

A simple fix for the Transgender issue.

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by Ken-1122, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    I have and the questions I have are never answered. Perhaps you can answer them.

2. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    No, there has never been a single case when a person spent his entire life with male sex organs then went to sleep and woke up with female sex organs without surgery. So if such a miracle were to happen, it would not be the same.

3. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    Gender is about the social roles associated with the sex of a person.

Sex and gender distinction - Wikipedia

When I look at a woman, I don't assume any type of role for her, I see her biology, but the role she is supposed to play in life because she is female is not something I assume.

4. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    In Canada it’s considered a hate crime to use the wrong pronouns when describing someone
    Canadians Could Face Hate Crimes Over Using The Wrong Gender Pronouns

In Virginia a teacher was fired for using the wrong pronoun.
    Teacher Fired for Using Correct Gender Pronouns

Then this guy, takes his clothes off in the girls restroom in a park not far from where I live, and is allowed to do it because of our state transgender laws.
    Man strips in front of girls in locker room, says transgender law allows it

Then of course the Transgender law passed by Obama
    Obama: Let Transgender Students Use Bathroom They Want

I’ve heard some of the schools in my area the girls feel a need to get another girl to act as a guard in front of the door to keep boys from entering while her friend does her business. I find this unacceptable; do you?

Those social constructs aren’t offending anybody. The social construct that allows men access to the women's public restroom and shower facility does.

Unless you talk to them, how else are you supposed to recognize people?

Not just the toilets, the shower facilities as well.

How does identifying men and women biologically throw away 4000 years of social interaction? Please explain that one.

And when your way involves direct emotional harm to vulnerable members of our society like school girls who are afraid to use the restroom at school, I will call you on it as well.

5. ToddNotTodd

ToddNotTodd Iconoclast

+2,334
    Seeker
    Married
    So your suggestion regarding how to address people is somewhat pointless. If you’re going to abide by what people refer to themselves as, then your suggestion is just initially guessing at what someone’s sex is.

Which is what everyone does anyway.

6. ToddNotTodd

ToddNotTodd Iconoclast

+2,334
    Seeker
    Married
    Yes, I find it unacceptable that we’re teaching girls to think that trans women are monsters, terrifying them in the process.

Since Christians seem to be the biggest offending group, we’ll need to take steps to make sure they’re never left alone with impressionable people, so that our young people grow up without this trauma...

7. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    How people see themselves or want to be addressed isn't the issue; the solution I suggested is about when the law gets involved.

8. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    The girls have a problem with boys in their restrooms. Boys know they can just go in and nobody is allowed to say anything.

9. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+2,393
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Why don’t you ask a transgender person or do some research? I already said imagine waking up tomorrow and having the body of the opposite sex but nothing else has changed. You would feel like a man in a woman’s body.

10. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+3,588
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Well, no, the dailycaller quoting lifesite news made that garbage up, and even then they weaseled a "could" into it. I wouldn't use either to line a parrot's cage.

Again no, you really should stop using these muck dwelling "news" sites, you'll feel much better. What actually happened was:
    "Mr. Vlaming was asked repeatedly, over several weeks and by multiple administrators, to address a student by the pronouns with which this student identifies. The issue before us was not one mistaken slip of the tongue. Mr. Vlaming consistently refused to comply going forward — including in a statement made at the hearing — a willful violation of school board policy."

I'm really going to need a shower after all these dips into lifesitenews, but once again, not a single shred of evidence that any of this is some kind of attemot by men to do...something...to women in their toilets.

Good. That's exactly how the law should be.

I've heard unicorns like to eat gnomes at the bottom of my garden. I find this completely unevidenced hearsay unacceptable.. Do you?. As an aside, why don't the business rooms have locks like every single toilet cubicle everywhere else in existence?

So what, it's my fault it took you 4 pages if using he/she to get to your toilet fetish?

11. Sparagmos

+2,393
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    That’s how it would feel.

12. Sparagmos

+2,393
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    What have you read?

13. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    First of all I am a man not because of how I feel, I am a man because of my biology. If I were had a womans biology but felt exactly as I do now, I would consider myself a woman; not a man in a woman's body, a woman (a lesbian woman)
    To say I feel like a man suggests there is a feeling that only men feel that women do not, and there are biological women who have this feeling. I don't think such a feeling exists. But I could be wrong; if so please explain this feeling that only men have that women do not.

14. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    You aren't getting it; I would freak out because my body has changed! Not because I am a biological woman.

15. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    Mostly opinion pages, discussion boards, and on line articles.

16. ToddNotTodd

ToddNotTodd Iconoclast

+2,334
    Seeker
    Married
    Your OP specifically mentions pronouns. So apparently it is part of the issue.

17. Sparagmos

+2,393
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Look, I’m not playing games with you. You’re not remotely interested in learning or empathy. Gender dysphoria is real, it’s a medical term. Go read a book.

18. Sparagmos

+2,393
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Such as?

19. ToddNotTodd

ToddNotTodd Iconoclast

+2,334
    Seeker
    Married
  20. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    Are you saying Bill C-16 does not exist?
    Bill C-16 | openparliament.ca

How is this different than what I said? Again; I said a teacher was fired for using the wrong pronoun. Nothing you said refutes what I said.

I said nothing about men attempting to do something to women in their toilets. C’mon; address what I said and quit making stuff up.

I disagree, that’s why I suggested an alternative when it comes to the law getting involved.

It’s the guys with the Toilet fetish who like this law. Wait a minute; you like this law! Hummm……