Your opinion of UFOs, ESP, poltergeists, etc?

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What is your opinion of UFOs, ESP, poltergeists, etc? I realize that many people think these topics are laughable, but there are probably others who have experienced them (whatever they are). So what do you think is the explanation for this stuff?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not sure of all cases; but IMO the majority of the "true" cases where no one was trying to ply a hoax, I believe there is demonic activity.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Not sure of all cases; but IMO the majority of the "true" cases where no one was trying to ply a hoax, I believe there is demonic activity.
What about angelic activity or other possibilities?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think just as many don't think they're laughable. When it comes to UFO's stories like the Phoenix Lights or things that are on 911 where police are chasing strange objects are most interesting, for the reason that there's hundreds if not thousands of witnesses. Stories like farmer Joe being abducted on some back country road....fun stories to hear around a camp fire but with no large number of witnesses all that can be said is that they're amusing. I do suspect it's really a spiritual thing of deception taking place rather than physical.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I approach these topics with the same skepticism as with religious claims. I assume there is likely a more plausible, non-fantastic, naturalistic explanation than what is being described. Most of the time we can't know for sure what's going on with any of these events since they are rarely observed in a context that would allow them to be vetted thoroughly. I freely admit it's a bias and is based on assumptions, but they are assumptions which are reasonable based on past experiences and phenomena that have been explained.

To date, I am unaware of any phenomenon in the history of the world that was initially explained by natural processes that was later over-turned by a fantastical, non-naturalistic explanation.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,754.00
Faith
Atheist
What is your opinion of UFOs, ESP, poltergeists, etc? I realize that many people think these topics are laughable, but there are probably others who have experienced them (whatever they are). So what do you think is the explanation for this stuff?
I think they're mostly misperceptions and misinterpretations, with a bit of 'telephone' exaggeration (i.e. the story becomes increasingly exotic with retelling), and occasional fraud.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since God's angels seem to need no vehicle for travel, I doubt an angelic explanation.

What "other possibilities" do you have in mind+

Upvote 0

Ojpalosa

Jan 19, 2018
Bästkusten
✟30,329.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where there is real activity, hauntings and such going on there is definitely pure demonic stuff present. Origins of that may be a suicide, a ritual, murder or things of that nature (can be quite a few things as far as I know).

Concerning the UFO-phenomenon I tend to agree with the idea of it being fallen angels/nephilim, a more higher in rank demonic spirit i guess you could say?

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Let's take unexplained UFOs with some decent witnesses (such as the Blue Book cases). Imagine there are robotic alien probes in the air and there are also undiscovered natural causes (such as ball lightning) and there are also secret government aircraft.

If we try to analyze the data from these three different causes it seems that we might get nowhere. Somehow we need to analyze the data for secret government aircraft separately from the data for ball lightning. Otherwise we can't see the patterns and form a hypothesis.

It seems to me that the problem is a lack of a workable hypothesis to get the scientific work started. Scientists just scratch their heads and move on to more promising problems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ojpalosa

Jan 19, 2018
Bästkusten
✟30,329.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

There is a different presence about angels, and they don't need a vehicle or "vessel" - But primarily they are not here to scare, harass and get attention in that kind of way, I believe...

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have seen two flying objects that are not identifiable. I believe they are, however, something related to fallen beings if they are anything at all. :)

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi cloudy day,

Well, a UFO is properly defined as an 'unidentified flying object'. Anyone who looks into the sky and sees something flying in the air that isn't able to identify said object has seen a UFO. I've seen them, but then I'm not much good at identifying things that are far away. But, are they something from other creatures of another planet? Naaah! That reality doesn't exist. People being taken up into 'spaceships'? Listen, there are people who don't believe we've ever gone to the moon so I can be pretty unbelieving of far fetched stories. I know for a fact that there aren't any spaceships for them to have gone up in and so I know that there must be another explanation. However, my not having been there precludes me from being able to make any claims as to what it may have been and I just let them go on with their tales. They don't hurt me in any way.

Drug addicts who take drugs that affect their brains and imaginations often see things and feel things that aren't there. There's no reason to believe that other people might not have similar brain traumas that would cause them to believe that some imagining of their mind seemed to really be happening in reality to them.

That's my 2 cents worth on the subject.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never seen a ufo/alien but I do believe people are experiencing it. I used to think it was bogus, but after hearing so many personal testimonies from credible people on the disclosure project I found it more problematic to doubt. After many years of learning about the phenomenon I, like many other Christians who have researched it, have come to the conclusion that it is not aliens but fallen angels.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Drug addicts who take drugs that affect their brains and imaginations often see things and feel things that aren't there. There's no reason to believe that other people might not have similar brain traumas that would cause them to believe that some imagining of their mind seemed to really be happening in reality to them.

Summer, 1992... I was on a south Jersey beach at sunset with my dog... I wasn't high nor drunk. Off the shore, what I guessed at being perhaps 2 miles out, was a white light that was stationary save for it doing loop-da-loops and figure 8's in a confined area. After about 2 minutes I determined that this had to be some joker on a clam boat, with a spot light on the mast swinging it with a rope. As I was about to get up and leave, the object sped away at a speed I still, 26 years later, am taken aback by, to the south. There, probably off the coast of Atlantic City, it was shimmering. But being that many miles away now, I figured it went back to the figure 8's and loop-da-loops. About 30 seconds later it sped back to the same spot in front of me, did a couple of figure 8's and loops and then sped away straight up into the night sky.

It made no noise, gravity was under it's control, and the speed at which it moved (I have been in the Army, been on air bases and seen many air shows) was NOT even close to anything we have. What was it? Not sure.... but my account is not the account of a drug addict, but rather a very sane individual.

There was a second event a couple of years ago. My son and I were out chopping wood in the fall. A disc shaped object went right over our heads, slowly, I am guessing about 3000' off the ground and made no noise at all. It was grey, same color as the sky but just contrasting enough that it caught my son's eye. Not wanting to scare him, and not knowing what it was anyway, when he asked what it was I told him a drone. It wasn't... we don't have drones that are silent. Again... no drugs involved.

There have been many policemen, firemen, pilots, and so forth... who have seen things that might not be ET related, but do not fit into ANY aircraft descriptions we have. If we take off the top 99% of sighting and call them all kooks or, well, drug addicts if you insist... the remaining 1% of respected people who have seen unknown objects runs into the thousands, many thousands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
To date, I am unaware of any phenomenon in the history of the world that was initially explained by natural processes that was later over-turned by a fantastical, non-naturalistic explanation.
The trouble is that there usually isn't a naturalistic explanation. There is typically only a smug dismissal of the witness's report as a hoax or an illusion or a hallucination - no need to investigate, move along, nothing to see here.

If you actually have witnessed these types of things, then you can rule out hoax, and you can usually rule out illusion (depending on the duration and clarity of your experience). That leaves you with hallucination, and if you have multiple witnesses then you can also rule this out usually.

I think the approach to take on these phenomena is the approach of a CIA analyst. You can't put the hypothesized new Russian submarine in a laboratory, and the Russians are trying to keep it secret. So you take the crummy data that you have and you work with it rather than simply ignoring it. The risk of ignoring something real is too great.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the approach to take on these phenomena is the approach of a CIA analyst. You can't put the hypothesized new Russian submarine in a laboratory, and the Russians are trying to keep it secret. So you take the crummy data that you have and you work with it rather than simply ignoring it. The risk of ignoring something real is too great.
I can't remember if it was the CIA or the FBI files released from the FOI act but one them hypothesized the use of simulating a UFO to infiltrate air space based on the fear of an antendant reporting the sighting due to that very same smugness and ridicule.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
UFO’s could be lots of things. I’m not prepared to dismiss the possibility of government prototype aerial vehicles in some cases. Something is definitely flying around though. The Phoenix Lights got covered by CNN so there’s no denying that some of these are real rather than scams or hallucinations or something.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think they're generally a reminder that this world isn't all there is to things.

Also, if indeed life is a dream of sorts, then the occasional, surreal randomness is going to be a given.

I used to consign such things strictly to demonic activity, but have since softened my stance on it. Some of it could indeed be demonic, but not all of it.

One theory, especially when dealing with manifestations that appear to be just observing things, is that they're overseeing our progress here. We probably even know these beings from before we came into this world, but, for the purposes of growing in this environment, a certain suspension of disbelief is needed which consequently renders us temporarily forgetful of who these beings are.

They're probably the ones we meet with, after we leave this world, to go over our life-reviews:

"Hank, I remember you now; good to see ya!"

"Good to see you too, Joe!"

"Hey were you by chance the 'hat man' entity standing in the corner of my room that scared the hell outta me last Tuesday?"

"Yeah, that was me. You weren't supposed to actually see me -- sorry about that -- glitch in the program, there."

"No worries; I'll just remember that next time you participate in the Earth Games and I'm one of the Observers!"

*both have a good chuckle before going into Room 5B for Joe's Life Review Session*

Or something like that there... seriously, the possibilities are endless...
-

Upvote 0

brocke

Supreme Ruler of Universe
Mar 13, 2014
Illinois
✟12,410.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I hope they never stop making UFO, ESP, etc. documentaries. I find my entertainment from watching them and laughing at how people jump to conclusions about all that stuff. I don't believe any of it. I use too but then I got into my engineering education and physics. Realized from that that this stuff can't be true. With that said I do wish the Ancient Alien guys would go away - they just flat out make stuff up. And why doesn't that one guy comb his hair? Is he trying to be a new Einstein or something?

Upvote 0