Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
White House claiming these accomplishments.

1 -- moving US Embassy to Jerusalem

2 -- leaving the Iran deal

3 -- release of prisoners and Summit with Kim Jong-un

4 -- rising approval ratings

5 -- making the economy great again

Your comments regarding any or all of the above?

M-Bob

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I voted a B grade only because I don't think the issue of Jerusalem is necessary... not bad just superfluous. I know to pre-trib rapture adherents it might be important but I see no need according to prophetic scripture.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sparked renewed bloodshed in Middle East.
Paved the way for Iran to restart its nuclear program.
Demonstrated that a negotiated agreement with the US is meaningless.
Promised denuclearized Korea, a promise the WH is already backing away from.
Annoyed US allies again.
Lets Chinese company off the hook for violating Iran sanctions.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's a very mixed collection. #1 and #2 were probably serious mistakes, but #3 has the potential for great good. We'll have to see how all three decisions play out to know for sure.

#4 is unimportant. The president's popularity/unpopularity is much less important than whether his policies work.

#5: I hope the president has success here, but it's too early to tell yet.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi MM,

I am certainly one who wants to give credit where credit is due and I wholly support this administrations efforts to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capitol by moving our embassy there. However, Jerusalem has always been Israel's capitol but foreign nations have always been hesitant to proclaim so boldly for fear of reprisals from the other factions concerned with Jerusalem.

However, it must be noted that while President Trump has been instrumental in moving the American embassy to Jerusalem, the U.S. actually passed a law declaring Jerusalem to be the capitol of Israel way back in 1995. We just never had the guts to put our money where our mouth is in moving our embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. For making that move finally, after some 20 years of kicking the can down the road, I give President Trump credit and approve of his work in that.

As for the other 'accomplishments' on your list, I think the jury is still out on any benefit or 'goodness' accomplished through most of them. I am hopeful that North Korea will step into the 21st century and take it's place as a nation of people governed by an open and fair government of those people. Yes, three prisoners were released ahead of President Trump's summit with North Korea's Leader and hopefully some good progress can be made in that summit, but as yet, we don't know how that's going to work out. It's a step in the right direction just as when Reagan called on Gorbachev to 'tear down this wall'. However, President Reagan was a much more polished diplomat than President Trump.

There is still a lot to question about President Trump's accomplishments. For example, he has instituted some sanctions and within a few days of instituting such sanctions is now trying to work side deals to offer exemptions to those for whom those sanctions apply. He just doesn't seem to have a cohesive foreign policy plan and keeps stepping on his _____ (fill in the word of your choice) in doing some of the things that he's doing and then pretty quickly backtracking. This doesn't seem to be someone who leads with the decisiveness and clear headedness that we generally expect in our national leader. We'll see.

Personally, I still rate the president fairly low on the 'how am I doing as your president?' scale, but he has stepped up half a grade for his accomplishment in Israel. We'll see.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Nice idea and probably reflective of reality, but going to cause a lot of bloodshed, division and be a bomb magnet. I hope he insured the building. I give it about 12 months give or take 6. I'm not sure why he felt this was necessary at this time. On the other hand, I feel like it has to happen sometime. B for ballsy / D for wisdom = C

F. Seems to have torn down an infrastructure that took years to put in place largely out of personal vendetta for all things Obama, which is a trend. No plan going forward, put nation at increased risk for spite. No reason for Iran not to fully restart nuclear program. Propagation of misinformation about the deal sold to the public in sound bytes.

A for encouraging summit and meetings. Hope he is able to be part of moving forward and be part of a peaceful integration of North Korea sometime in the next 20 years. There's a long way to go, but he can be a part of it if he wants to.

Only applicable in his mind and the minds of his followers as an achievement. Does not count.

Not going to rate the white house on this achievement. Too many factors and I don't believe most of their self-press releases. I'm ok to give him a C on this. It could be more properly rated at the end of his term.

So overall grade is a C for these activities

Upvote 0

Dropout_Theologian

Not an ant in God's glorious library.
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
Southern United States
✟64,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I voted an A. That's my first impression but I'm not well enough educated on this to give a well-thought answer. Regardless I honestly believe the President is seeking the Lord so I'd give him an A for that. God bless.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Then there's always this little juicy tidbit as to 'why' President Trump might have expressed such concern that we were putting so many Chinese out of work:

Trump Orders Help For Chinese Phone-Maker After China Approves Money For Trump Project

Not saying that there is a link, but certainly needs to be looked at. How a man spends very, very much of his campaign rhetoric decrying all the bad things about China, but as soon as they seem to be willing to pour some money into one of his 'private' ventures, well...

One thing I've learned about Donald Trump is that the 'what's in it for me' is likely the most important question that he ever asks anyone.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said "blessed are the peace makers..."

Nice for Israel, but US loses credibility as a peace maker. A tremendous loss for peace in the ME, but perhaps the US doesn't really care. Divide and manipulate (then backtrack) seem to underlie the de facto but unintended "strategy" as witnessed in the Qatar vs Saudi/UAE issue.

Raises a lot of irritation, especially with US's allies, adding to previous similar irritations. Raises the prospect of more violence and strife in the ME. Hardly a peace promoting move.

Story not finished on this one. Potentially positive, but I'm not holding my breath. Certainly good for the prisoners. US was not alone in this effort. Arrogant to claim all the credit.

irrelevant.

the economy was doing fine when he took over. Threats of tarrifs and renegotiated agreements have increased tensions (rather than cooperation and collaboration), and these specific stories are not finished either. Trump has never defined, as far as I can tell, in which way he wants "America" to be great again.

Summary
It's too early to give Trump and his Administration a grade. The very suggestion that one can do this on a weekly basis shows (me) that the age of "instant ..." remains strong, and that the lessons of (long) history have not been well digested.

Regardless I honestly believe the President is seeking the Lord

Jesus also said "Seek FIRST the kingdom of God and HIS righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you." This applies to nations as well as individuals, as the entire OT is meant (among other things) to prove. I see little evidence of this being done by Trump or his administration.

Upvote 0

Dropout_Theologian

Not an ant in God's glorious library.
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
Southern United States
✟64,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus also said "Seek FIRST the kingdom of God and HIS righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you." This applies to nations as well as individuals, as the entire OT is meant (among other things) to prove. I see little evidence of this being done by Trump or his administration.

Respectfully, he's on good terms with Israel, which are physically (sometimes spiritually) speaking God's people; he moved the embassy to Jerusalem under the given assumption that this was God's will (article); and very recently he's increasing the effective rights of religious groups in America while receiving mostly negative news coverage for it (screenshots). I respect your opinion sir but, in my opinion, either religion or religious voters are on his mind, and I believe the former. Though he's rough around the edges I believe our president is actually a Christian and he's showing that he serves God.

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Annoyed US allies again.
Gave another reason for terrorists to kill innocent people, as if they need an excuse.
Annoyed US allies again.
Gave the terrorists another reason to kill innocent people. Not that they need a single reason to kill..They kill because they like to kill..

Iran never stopped their nuclear program.

Demonstrated that the United States can admit they made a mistake and can correct it.

Promised to work with North Korea to denuclearize...North Korea still has the decision.

If standing for the truth and for right annoys people...So be it.

Trump is president of the United States...not of the World...

It takes time to clean up the mess the democrats did in the last eight years.

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's a very mixed collection. #1 and #2 were probably serious mistakes, but #3 has the potential for great good. We'll have to see how all three decisions play out to know for sure.

#4 is unimportant. The president's popularity/unpopularity is much less important than whether his policies work.

#5: I hope the president has success here, but it's too early to tell yet.
Why would #1 & 2 be mistakes?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting because at this point in time the poll is pretty much split down the middle. Kind of like the United States population. Close to half love Trump and close to half do not approve of Trump.

Probably should not have used the word love, I'm sure there will be somecomplaints.

M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why would #1 & 2 be mistakes?
#1 contributes to instability in the Middle East, as it's probably going to make a peaceful settlement between Israel and Palestine more difficult.

#2 allows Iran to resume its development of nuclear weapons. It's not for me to tell a sovereign nation what to do, I suppose, but I'd rather not see Iran become a nuclear power.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Completely unnecessary and has caused death and injury to hundreds plus lessened any hope of peace.
Again, hurts US ability to broker deals in the world. Deal can go on without US.
Thanks President Xi.
Ratings improved but still low.
If the economy is great now, it was great before he was elected.

M-Bob
God bless

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
#1 contributes to instability in the Middle East, as it's probably going to make a peaceful settlement between Israel and Palestine more difficult.

#2 allows Iran to resume its development of nuclear weapons. It's not for me to tell a sovereign nation what to do, I suppose, but I'd rather not see Iran become a nuclear power.

Palestine is being controlled by Hamas and they don't want peace.

You need not tell Iran what to do, we have Trump for that.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Reckless.

He has nothing to replace it, careless.

Nice for them but pointless politically, North Korea does stuff like this.

At 42% according to fivethirtyeight, nothing to brag about.

Baloney.

M-Bob

He should spend as much time as possible on the gold course.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Well for people who are basically natural realm people not really seeing any spiritual significance to the act....not a big deal after all it's just a bunch of offices taken to a new location. As it comes to my faith however....I believe Israel has been brought back into the land to fulfill a prophecy....basically that Jesus would rule some day as King from Jerusalem. He comes back to the Earth, the exact time when world nations rail against Israel and go down into the land to rout them out....commonly referred to as the Battle of Armageddon. God haters will lose that battle and it can be read about in Rev 16. The fact that the United States at least it's leader has shown to be a friend to Israel just even having the courage to stand against the status quo I'm thinking will fare well for President Trump. I'm guessing God will show favor to his administration even for this very act. Could be wrong but we'll see.

Upvote 0