Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The “argument” over the “elipse-speech” is over whether Trump incited the crowd to riot.

I’m as lefty as they come, (not “let’s burn everything down and build a leftist-uptopia!” version but the kind that says “let’s see what needs to be tweaked and changed so that we’re not at each other’s throats so much, huh?”), but no, Trump did not incite the crowd at the elipse to riot.

He made them afraid.
The “anger” that drove them into the Capitol was all their own.

Trump’s clean in this.
I tend to agree. Mostly.

Clean, though? That's a question....

Here's my take, for anyone who cares. Trump's words on that day, coupled with his lies and rhetoric leading up to it about the "stolen" election and all that, did incite what followed. He wanted it to happen, and he goaded his loyal acolytes toward that end.

Does that make him criminally liable for what followed? That, I'm not so sure about. I'm enough of a free speech advocate to err on the side of him not being guilty of a specific crime. Although, I would leave it up to those who are more knowledgeable about the law to make a final determination, should it come to that.

HOWEVER....I do hold him responsible for what happened. He wanted it to happen, and he did what he could to make it happen. For his own selfish benefit, not the nation's. This, in my mind, was completely irresponsible, and a direct violation of his oath of office. Which makes him completely and utterly unqualified to ever hold the office again, under any circumstances.

Take that for what it's worth.

-- A2SG, so it doesn't matter if Biden or any other Democrat is running, they'll get my vote......

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I tend to agree. Mostly.

Clean, though? That's a question....

Here's my take, for anyone who cares. Trump's words on that day, coupled with his lies and rhetoric leading up to it about the "stolen" election and all that, did incite what followed. He wanted it to happen, and he goaded his loyal acolytes toward that end.

Does that make him criminally liable for what followed? That, I'm not so sure about. I'm enough of a free speech advocate to err on the side of him not being guilty of a specific crime. Although, I would leave it up to those who are more knowledgeable about the law to make a final determination, should it come to that.

HOWEVER....I do hold him responsible for what happened. He wanted it to happen, and he did what he could to make it happen. For his own selfish benefit, not the nation's. This, in my mind, was completely irresponsible, and a direct violation of his oath of office. Which makes him completely and utterly unqualified to ever hold the office again, under any circumstances.

Take that for what it's worth.

-- A2SG, so it doesn't matter if Biden or any other Democrat is running, they'll get my vote......
He’s not criminally liable for what his followers did on January 6th, (unless/until proven in a court of law).
Morally he’s a dead skunk.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He’s not criminally liable for what his followers did on January 6th, (unless/until proven in a court of law).
Morally he’s a dead skunk.
On that, we agree.

-- A2SG, though, not sure that's being fair to dead skunks.....

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
MSM propaganda pushed on the public for 2.5 years

Plus things like this :

A video clip of another group of rioters mobbing the steps of the Capitol caught one man screaming at a police officer: “We were invited here! We were invited by the president of the United States!”

Tucker Carlson clearly showed what took place at the capitol

Isn't that the guy whose employer said that no reasonable person should take seriously.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Plus things like this :

A video clip of another group of rioters mobbing the steps of the Capitol caught one man screaming at a police officer: “We were invited here! We were invited by the president of the United States!”

Isn't that the guy whose employer said that no reasonable person should take seriously.
No, that was his personal lawyer. His employer said he should no longer be employed.

• Useful
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country