• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured WHERE DOES IT SAY GOD'S SABBATH IS ABOLSIHED AND WE ARE COMMANDED TO KEEP SUNDAY AS A HOLY DAY?

Discussion in 'Sabbath and The Law' started by LoveGodsWord, Feb 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoveGodsWord

LoveGodsWord Well-Known Member

+1,154
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    If God's LAW (10 Commandments) are the KNOWLDGE of GOOD and EVIL, what do you think MATTHEW 7:16-23 is talking about? Of course JAMES is talking about sin read JAMES 2:8-12 and 1 JOHN 3-4 and what PAUL says in ROMANS 3:20 and ROMANS 7:7

2. LoveGodsWord

+1,154
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    I think there are quite a few here sister LaBèlla, floating around the place. I think we are the minority however. It's so nice to meet you to. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. ace of hearts

ace of hearts Well-Known Member

+1,137
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I don't.

4. LaBèlla

LaBèlla Well-Known Member

+1,172
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Likewise, I am happy to know I'm not alone.

5. LoveGodsWord

+1,154
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    You know sister even if no one was here you would never be alone ;)

6. ace of hearts

+1,137
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Maybe for some. It wasn't the case for me. God got me before the age of 12. I had no idea why I needed a Savior. A sweet lady teaching children said I needed one and I said OK.

7. LoveGodsWord

+1,154
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Brother, If your mirror is lost or broken how do you know how you are? Or if your lamp has gone out how can you find your way when the road is dark or narrow?

8. ace of hearts

+1,137
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Read verse 5.

9. LoveGodsWord

+1,154
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Here you go let me help...

FORTOLD IN THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURES….

DEUTERONOMY 30:6 [6] And the LORD your God will CIRCUMCISE YOUR HEART AND THE HEART OF YOUR DECENDENCE, TO LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND WITHYOU’RE YOUR SOUL, THAT YOU MAY LIVE.

JEREMIAH 4:4 [4] CIRCUMCISE YOURSELF TO THE LORD, AND TAKE AWAY THE FORESKINS OF YOUR HEART, you men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

DEUTERONOMY 10:16 [16] CIRCUMCISE therefore THE FORESKIN OF YOUR HEART, and be no more stiff-necked.

NEW COVENANT FULFILLMENT of the SHADOWS of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION pointing the CIRCUMCISION of the HEART through faith in Christ…

ROMANS 2:25 [25] For circumcision verily profits, if you keep the law: but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision is made uncircumcision. [26], Therefore if the uncircumcision keeps the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? [27], And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfils the law, judge you, who by the letter and circumcision do transgress the law? [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW, WHO IS ONE; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OF THE OUTWARD FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; AND CIRCUMCISION IS THAT OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT AND NOT IN THE LETTER; WHOSE PRAISE IS NOT OF MEN BUT OF GOD.

1 CORITHIANS 7:19 [19] CIRCUMCISION IS NOTHING, AND UNCIRCUMCISION IS NOTHING, BUT THE KEEPING OF THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD.

This is the operation of GOD in the NEW COVENANT…

HEBREWS 8 [10], For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people

Hope this helps

10. ace of hearts

+1,137
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Mat 7:16-23 doesn't address the law.

James is talking about the law of liberty we have, which isn't the law of Moses. Yes verses 9-11 address the law. He says we'll be judged by the law of liberty in 12.

You never say anything about Rom 7:6.

11. ace of hearts

+1,137
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Here you go making false statement again. I'm led by the Spirit - Gal 5:18 and I walk in the Spirit 5:16 because I abide in Jesus and He abides in me - Jn 15. I don't live in and by the covenant given only to Israel in the desert after departure from Egypt.

12. ace of hearts

+1,137
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Your post has nothing to do with Acts 15:5.

13. LoveGodsWord

+1,154
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Of course it does God's LAW (10 commandments) define what GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS is *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172 e.g..

MATTHEW 15:19 [19], For out of the heart proceed EVIL thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.

Not consider the above with..

MATTHEW 7:17-23
    [17], Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.
    [18], A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    [19], Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    [20], Wherefore by their fruits you shall know them.
    [21], Not every one that said to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    [22], Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?
    [23], And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work SIN.

Hope this helps

14. LoveGodsWord

+1,154
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Of course it does. The CONTEXT of ACTS 15 is asking the question "IS CIRCUMCISION A REQUIREMENT OF SALVATION" *ACTS 15:1-2.

CIRCUMCISION is a SHADOW law from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 not God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken *ROMANS 3:20. CIRCUMCISION was a shadow law of the OLD COVENANT the points to a NEW HEART by FAITH *DEUTERONOMY 30:6; JEREMIAH 4:4; DEUTERONOMY 10:16; ROMANS 2:25; 1 CORITHIANS 7:19 which is the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12

Hope this helps

15. ace of hearts

+1,137
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Still doesn't.

16. LoveGodsWord

+1,154
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    It is God's WORD not mine. You provide your own words over God's WORD. You are free to believe as you wish as we all answer only to God come judgment day.

17. ace of hearts

+1,137
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    The verse says keep the law of Moses, which means the entire contents of the first 5 books of the OT also called the Book of the Law known as the law of Moses.

18. ace of hearts

+1,137
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Hey you said something true.

19. LoveGodsWord

+1,154
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Indeed, CIRCUMCISION was a part of the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the law *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26; EXODUS 24:7 not one of God's 10 Commandments.

20. LoveGodsWord

+1,154
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it *ROMANS 3:4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.